Phantom 3 standard Rc signal lost

@mcogs
Welcome to the Forum!

Please give any updates when you can, this is a major thorn to me.

Rod

Thanks, even though it is a Phantom 2 it is now known that they have a problem.
I wonder if they will cover a repair out of warranty, for fryware.

Wow, member since Aug 2015, first post May 2017. ;)
Pretty impressive post. :)

Rod

Received my 3rd unit today, refurbished. It came with 1.2.4. Not touching FW. Charging everything up and will test it out in a bit. Funny how all these refurbished ones come with 1.2.4. I wonder why.

Reactions: RodPad
I have one that maxes at 300ft, another that maxes at 1200 and another that won't max until 2000-2500 but last night went 4500 or so feet. All of them are stock, all running 1.8.1

47357f4e8608f30e7ae7e2df23921d48.jpg

Received my 3rd unit today, refurbished. It came with 1.2.4. Not touching FW. Charging everything up and will test it out in a bit. Funny how all these refurbished ones come with 1.2.4. I wonder why.
"will test it out in a bit"

Only post good news. :rolleyes:

Rod

"will test it out in a bit"

Only post good news. :rolleyes:

Rod
These 25mph winds the last couple of days have kept me grounded. I did test out the new 3rd refurbished P3S today briefly by my home, which is congested with wifi. This unit came with 1.2.4 installed. I tested it out with the latest DJI Go on ios, and also with an older version of DJI Go, v. 2.7.2 on android, and also tested with Litchi android 3.8. Only mod is Magic Power. The best result was with Litchi at 4600ft. I'm happy with that. I'm sure when I go out to the open desert, I can get 6000ft. Video seemed a bit glitchy and laggy. I'm not sure if that's the 1.2.4 FW or it's just the wifi congested area I'm in. I might do the birdside 2.4 mod later to improve the video. That mod is easy and shouldn't void the warranty. I had done the home made dipole birdside mod on my older P3S and it worked well. But I don't want to drill holes in this one so I think I'll just order the P3A antennas and zip tie them.

Reactions: wolf~928
The first 3 flights on my new P3S said I was on FW v. 1.2.4, the DJI home screen even had the orange bar across the top and said 1.8.1 is available...update now. I am sure I ignored the update every time. I was able to take it out to an open area yesterday and when I turned on the AC and RC, the AC sounded like it was doing an update. I didn't have the app open yet. AC beeped for about 10 mins and I turned on my app. No more orange bar. The about tab now said I have 1.8.1. So it either somehow forced an update or it came with latest FW and app just didn't update the info until 4 flights in?

Anyway. I took a screenshot of the distance with only magic power, a $5 windsurfer, and apparently flying on 1.8.1. 9385ft.

P3SIII-range-test.jpg

Reactions: RodPad and nwcove
I recently got a p3s with 1.2.4 and refused to update the firmware. Today I got just over 1 mile today over the long island sound. Was very happy with the distance!

Reactions: RodPad
I recently got a p3s with 1.2.4 and refused to update the firmware. Today I got just over 1 mile today over the long island sound. Was very happy with the distance!
Do not update the firmware. I found that the older the firmware, the better distance your phantom 3 standard has.

The first 3 flights on my new P3S said I was on FW v. 1.2.4, the DJI home screen even had the orange bar across the top and said 1.8.1 is available...update now. I am sure I ignored the update every time. I was able to take it out to an open area yesterday and when I turned on the AC and RC, the AC sounded like it was doing an update. I didn't have the app open yet. AC beeped for about 10 mins and I turned on my app. No more orange bar. The about tab now said I have 1.8.1. So it either somehow forced an update or it came with latest FW and app just didn't update the info until 4 flights in?

Anyway. I took a screenshot of the distance with only magic power, a $5 windsurfer, and apparently flying on 1.8.1. 9385ft.

View attachment 82474
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z