Phantom 3 standard Rc signal lost

I recently got a p3s with 1.2.4 and refused to update the firmware. Today I got just over 1 mile today over the long island sound. Was very happy with the distance!
Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for the info...

You got a P3Superb, and not a P3Sh*t. ;)

Rod

Reactions: desertcat
Do not update the firmware. I found that the older the firmware, the better distance your phantom 3 standard has.

That's what I thought but clearly that's not the case if you read post #57. I would still take your recommendation and not ever update if I could. I'm leaning more in the direction that maybe some hardware caused them to be either, like Rodman says, either P3Superb or P3Sh*t. Hopefully this new refurbished P3S I got has the former.

Reactions: RodPad
Hi there, just found your chat interesting.
My new P3S has just been returned due to range never exceeding 80 metres. Then RC Signal lost and RTH.
There service so far has been responsive and it is in my local DJI repair centre in Melbourne Australia.
Tried various firmware with no real change. Latest firmware holds low signal for longer prior to RTH which helps a little. Fly in isolated places and made no difference.
Great videos, just not enough range to get the shots you want.
Will post back on what items they return and how they go.
Ok so it all arrived back on 22 May.
Replaced RC and Bird.
Both look new.
Flew perfectly got out to over 200m with full signal still which has never happened before.
Came back as that is max visual for me.
Give them an A 1 for service here downunder in Oz.

Reactions: RodPad and nwcove
sorry I haven't been here in a long time.

I contacted Dji who wanted me to send the right if the warranty was out in three weeks.

They repaired it for free on the warranty and it's Coming back to me now with UPS.

they should have changed the rc.

will return when I got it.

Thanks for all the replies!

sorry I haven't been here in a long time.

I contacted Dji who wanted me to send the right if the warranty was out in three weeks.

They repaired it for free on the warranty and it's Coming back to me now with UPS.

they should have changed the rc.

will return when I got it.

Thanks for all the replies!
I don't know, but post your paper work if you get any :rolleyes:
Just cover up your personal info.

Rod

@Rooster_nr1

Any news yet?

"they should have changed the rc."
I still don't get what this meant?
Was this a Question or Statement?

Rod

I have been having a similar issue. I can't go any further than around 200 feet before the controller goes from weak to lost signal and then does RTH. I had antenna pointed correctly. I was flying in a remote area with no interference. Is there a fix for this issue?

I have been having a similar issue. I can't go any further than around 200 feet before the controller goes from weak to lost signal and then does RTH. I had antenna pointed correctly. I was flying in a remote area with no interference. Is there a fix for this issue?

They replaced both the drone and the RC and this fixed the range issue.

So you're saying I need to get my RC and drone replaced ? Will they do a replacement?
Mine was under warranty. But I read widely and tried a few things, but the only fix for mmine was to replace both units.

Mine was under warranty. But I read widely and tried a few things, but the only fix for mmine was to replace both units.
So there are so many posts and threads about this short range weak signal issue but I have not yet seen or read a single actual fix for this problem. I have tried everything. Re linked the controller quite a few times. Reinstalled the DJI go app. Checked and cleaned all antennas and sensors. Made sure I didn't have range limits and not in beginner mode. Contacted DJI support yesterday haven't heard back. I was really excited to get this drone and the lost signal range on this thing is making it practically useless for me

I had same problem.

Luckily DJI informed me it was under 2 Year Warranty because we are in UK (Europe).
They took it under warranty. Replaced the Main Board, Signal Transmitters?? Radio Controller and The Main Plastic Body as it had stress cracks. Seems fine so far.

I had same problem.

Luckily DJI informed me it was under 2 Year Warranty because we are in UK (Europe).
They took it under warranty. Replaced the Main Board, Signal Transmitters?? Radio Controller and The Main Plastic Body as it had stress cracks. Seems fine so far.
I have been trying to contact DJI. I sent them a message through their online customer support 2 days ago I have not heard anything back

Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for the info...

You got a P3Superb, and not a P3Sh*t. ;)

Rod
Is there any way I can downgrade to that firmware? I finally got in touch with someone from DJI and they told me that the firmware would not affect the RC signal. Any other thoughts on a fix?

@McDerp
"I have not yet seen or read a single actual fix for this problem."

I have only seen one person say they fixed it them selves, It was firmware, I think?
They never responded back I asked a couple of times, how bad there signals actually were.
I can search for that post if you want.

As far as I know, I'm the only one that has every shared what was replaced.
Terrible signal performance

I only get a answer back from like 1 in 25 people that report this problem, they retun it and get another or they sent it to DJI.

Rod

It's not firmware. Or if it is, the firmware causes hardware issues.

I sent mine back and had Main board, Body, Wifi Signal units, Controller replaced.

I have been trying to contact DJI. I sent them a message through their online customer support 2 days ago I have not heard anything back
I called their UK customer support number and they confirmed warranty & talked me through Requesting a repair procedure.

Good Luck.

It's not firmware. Or if it is, the firmware causes hardware issues.

I sent mine back and had Main board, Body, Wifi Signal units, Controller replaced.

Correct,
Fly-it or Fryware-it.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj