Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Hello guys, I'm new on this forum, I want to increase the range of my P3 standard, I'm sorry but I just can't read 58 pages :/

Are the things said in first 5 pages always working ? Editing rcs file ?

I'm on windows so I need to use notepad++ right ? Can I use FileZilla in ASCII mode ? I really don't want to brick my RC I'm scared^^.

Sorry for my questions but I'm really a noob..

Thanks

Sorry for the double message, I just read papatita created an app for that^^. (v3.7)

Someone can help me in the app I don't know what's the best RC only or RC and Drone ? And what about channel 13 and channel 1 to 13 ?

Thanks a lot, you've done amazing work here!

Sorry for the double message, I just read papatita created an app for that^^. (v3.7)

Someone can help me in the app I don't know what's the best RC only or RC and Drone ? And what about channel 13 and channel 1 to 13 ?

I tried setting it to both, and then just controller as is recommended - it seemed the same. I couldn't get the software to work correctly when I chose channel 13 for some reason - It said there was an error connecting (perhaps it's because my WIFI card won't/can't use 13 in this country).

I'm running mine in CE mode again, as my FPV distance is not any better with or without it.

It's good to hear that this mod is working well for you.
Going to patch mine to 20 dbm, just to have more solid connection for video. I'm not long distance flyer so it will be more than enough for me. With stock antenna I'm able to reach 400 m so far, but not in a city of course.
Will post my results after test with patch applied.
if you select "20" dbm in the tool, only the remote is set to 20, the copter still to 27
EDIT: which is the case in older versions of the tool, in the newest 3.7 you can set it as you want

Last edited:
So the drone is using 27db from factory then regardless, or does a European one default back to a lower power mode unless you mod it?

if you select "20" dbm in the tool, only the remote is set to 20, the copter still to 27
No, on the new version (3.7) you can select 20 dBm on rc and drone.
e974f6bf29e7b500d48250549814f9a6.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can leave anything option uncheck and do STEP 1 - 2

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's going very slow. I have no real RF meter since no one has contributed.
Is anyone willing to help get the meter ? I would speed up things dramatically. I wouldn't have to go out and fly every time I need to test.
Thanks.
Welcome - PayPal
First of all, I appreciate your effort and great mod information.
I guess that there are many people for trying your 5.8g mod test. It is also good things to speed up your mod and gather various test results..

It's going very slow. I have no real RF meter since no one has contributed.
Is anyone willing to help get the meter ? I would speed up things dramatically. I wouldn't have to go out and fly every time I need to test.
Thanks.
Welcome - PayPal

Isn't it possible to borrow a quality RF meter from a company in your neighberhood?
Maybe in exchange you can offer some commercial activities for this company while you do your research? Like on this forum or on Youtube?
I think people are willing to contribute a small amount for your endproduct that offers a gain in distance.

Just a thought.

So the drone is using 27db from factory then regardless, or does a European one default back to a lower power mode unless you mod it?
the remote and drone are chinese ones who detect where they are, if in ce regions like europe they are both in ce mode ( without any scriptmodtoolhack etc) which ist much lower than 27dbm ( tx power)
download the newest tool, 3.7, there you can set evereything.

Last edited:
Isn't it possible to borrow a quality RF meter from a company in your neighberhood?
Maybe in exchange you can offer some commercial activities for this company while you do your research? Like on this forum or on Youtube?
I think people are willing to contribute a small amount for your endproduct that offers a gain in distance.

Just a thought.

Yes my friend, a company around the corner is just waiting for me to come over and borrow their equipment - I don't know what part of world you're living in but this is not happening here in capitalist Ireland.

Just received first sum for the meter. Thank You very much Declan (Dublin).

Don`t be stingy guys, everyone who hard benefit from Ojcze Nasz had work donate now. More people, small donations and we will reach our goal to fly like pro or adv :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jeganx
Yes my friend, a company around the corner is just waiting for me to come over and borrow their equipment - I don't know what part of world you're living in but this is not happening here in capitalist Ireland.

Just received first sum for the meter. Thank You very much Declan (Dublin).

I don't know from what part of the world ur coming from but here we don't jump on people that are simply trying to add a possible solution....
I really like your work but i don't like ur attitude.....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl