Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

there is interconnections between BTS TO BTS with microwave, but not in the city which is almost covered with fiberoptic for the BTS backbone, yes indeed that is BTS interference, but that interference is causing by microwave interconnection, not with GSM Transmitter (900/1800 ghz)

btw try to go more further before increasing altitude, you just moving forward in 25meters

Thank you for advise. I will try. [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi PapaTita, does it mean that a backup of original files is stored in the directory where the app is running and when apply restore to ce, the original backup which was made before is written back to drone and RC?

Both options were the same, increasing the signal to 27 dbm both in rc and drone's. the difference is on watchlog.sh file which first option is only exists in rc while the second option in drone's as well.

Which one is used up to you. Currently the second option that I use with additional "scan channel".
There is no information after use this application make brick, I hope no.
Thanks for this - and also for making the mod available to us!

Is there any advantage to changing watchlog.sh in the drone as well? Or does it have no effect if the RC controller's file is already changed?

Thanks!

I just applied the mod to my P3S RC only. Unfortunately its currently raining, but I cant wait to test it!
Seems like a super mod already cheers @PapaTita !
Before the mod I have had different ranges for RC video: Rural area I once reached 3-400 meters and in more dense populated (probably wifi interfered) areas anywhere between 15 and 80 meters before the downlink broke.

I just applied the mod to my P3S RC only. Unfortunately its currently raining, but I cant wait to test it!
Seems like a super mod already cheers @PapaTita !
Before the mod I have had different ranges for RC video: Rural area I once reached 3-400 meters and in more dense populated (probably wifi interfered) areas anywhere between 15 and 80 meters before the downlink broke.

Hi, did you use option 20 dbm or 27 dbm on your RC Only?

If you are flying within Europe, the CE rules apply which means 17 db signal strength.
If you are flying in the USA, the FCC rules apply which means 27 db signal strength.
With PapaTita software you can force 27 db signal strength within Europe (CE).

Will using DJI GO app for flight retain FCC mode, or do we have to fly using another app?
Will the setting stick? [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Using this at the 27dbm with the DBS antenna mod. Video is solid now. Only limitation. Is the 5.8ghz control. Can't get passed 900m at 172m high

Hi PapaTita, does it mean that a backup of original files is stored in the directory where the app is running and when apply restore to ce, the original backup which was made before is written back to drone and RC?
"djiled.sh" file that changed and it was the same contents for all P3S, so the app just copy and replace "original.sh" back into devices

Thanks for this - and also for making the mod available to us!

Is there any advantage to changing watchlog.sh in the drone as well? Or does it have no effect if the RC controller's file is already changed?

Thanks!
still in test and looks like no significant difference

Tried to update, but the app failed oddly. And advice welcome!

Here's what happened (I'm using Windows 7):

1. Opened app.

2. Connected to RC Wifi.

3. Selected "RC Only" and "Scan Channel (13). Didn't select 20dB limit.

4. Pressed "Step 1"

5. Update gets this far then does nothing for about a minute:
qNDTrvN.png

6. I get this error message. Pressing OK dismisses the error message, and I'm just stuck with the screen above.
4iT58lm.png

4iT58lm

What is the purpose of RC limit to 20dB? Any different with 27dBm?
I'm newbie in P3s. Thanks again :)
Some amplifiers (if you're using one) are limited to an input of 20dbm, hence the option to chose 20dbm instead of 27dbm.

Reactions: PapaTita

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94