Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

You can still connect to the controller?

OK, so here's where I am. I CAN connect to 192.168.1.1 (the controller) but the controller will not connect to the drone and I can't access it via 192.168.1.2.
Have tried re linking the two and that has failed too.

OK, so here's where I am. I CAN connect to 192.168.1.1 (the controller) but the controller will not connect to the drone and I can't access it via 192.168.1.2.
Have tried re linking the two and that has failed too.

"I think" you can force a firmware upgrade/downgrade on the drone itself. Assuming that would work, it would fix whatever you did.

Reactions: Markhull
Have bricked mine today as well. Edited files with vim on mac, ftp client is filezilla. After reboot remote's wifi has gone. Don't even know what to do... The only idea is to somehow connect remote to pc with usb cable and do something with it :) I'm interested what other users tried to do already, we need to unite

I think I have just bricked my remote, as I can not see the wifi? Used Ubuntu and FileZilla to mod the files and re-load? Anyone got suggestion how fix this?

We know that the Drone has a separate card in it, could this also be the boot device? I wonder if there is not something similar in the RC as well. Has anyone listed out the devices after enabling Telnet?

I dabble in the Linux side of the world, but after working for several hours yesterday on replacing a broken yaw arm and ribbon cable, I am content to fly at a lower altitude and enjoy my drone for the time being. Maybe for experimentation, move the changes out to a separate script and run from there, if something goes amiss, a power cycle should get you back running again. Or figure out a way to detach the boot media and mount it up on a separate system in order to revert changes if needed.

We know that the Drone has a separate card in it, could this also be the boot device? I wonder if there is not something similar in the RC as well. Has anyone listed out the devices after enabling Telnet?

I dabble in the Linux side of the world, but after working for several hours yesterday on replacing a broken yaw arm and ribbon cable, I am content to fly at a lower altitude and enjoy my drone for the time being. Maybe for experimentation, move the changes out to a separate script and run from there, if something goes amiss, a power cycle should get you back running again. Or figure out a way to detach the boot media and mount it up on a separate system in order to revert changes if needed.

Ahh don't worry too much.

It's all gonna be patched soon anyways.

thx again Ojcze bro, useful post for TX power up to 2700dbm, but also interest in Sinlag bro 13 channel. i m not a programer so if any simple way for the script and patch? cheer up~~

Reactions: harry9s
thx again Ojcze bro, useful post for TX power up to 2700dbm, but also interest in Sinlag bro 13 channel. i m not a programer so if any simple way for the script and patch? cheer up~~

Yeah, it might be confusing. It's 12 pages long and there are ppl selling antennas in between.

Reactions: dan84uk
found a file call "reset" under \etc\rc.button\, it seem you can press a button for 5Sec while boot up, and it will force restore to everything default for bricked drones/controller, but I'm not sure what button is configed by DJI....:worried:

#!/bin/sh

[ "${ACTION}" = "released" ] || exit 0

. /lib/functions.sh

logger "$BUTTON pressed for $SEEN seconds"

if [ "$SEEN" -lt 1 ]
then
echo "REBOOT" > /dev/console
sync
reboot
elif [ "$SEEN" -gt 5 ]
then
echo "FACTORY RESET" > /dev/console
jffs2reset -y && reboot &
fi

Im digging more into this now to see if we can help some people.

I think I have just bricked my remote, as I can not see the wifi? Used Ubuntu and FileZilla to mod the files and re-load? Anyone got suggestion how fix this?
Not only it brick your remote, I have just tried pair another remote to the drone, with no luck. I can't even connect to drone because I can pair it with remote. I am going to load a firmware on sd and see if the load the firmware back on to the drone and see if pair after this.

DJI have pulled the firmware from their site. Does anyone know of an alternative? I need to try a reinstall

Thanks guys. I've installed the bin file to the root directory and powered up the drone. I have flashing yellow lights and constant screeching sounds! I've left it like this in the hope it's reinstalling the firmware? I don't remember these noises before. Not like this anyway!

Thanks guys. I've installed the bin file to the root directory and powered up the drone. I have flashing yellow lights and constant screeching sounds! I've left it like this in the hope it's reinstalling the firmware? I don't remember these noises before. Not like this anyway!

Yes, thats what the firmware upgrading sounds like. It can take up to 30 mins. maybe more.

Keep in mind that once it has finished, doesnt matter if it worked or not, there will be a new TXT file on your SD card that will give us some info.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic