Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Hello everyone
I'm new here, I'm on about to use magic power 5.2 on my p3s 01.70.0090
Here is the problem, I never done it before (I know , it's sounds like a virgin confession ) but anyway. ......
Please can someone give me the step by step instructions ,how to make it work with my drone?
Thank you in advance

Hello José Luis M

Answers:
1. Before Upgrade/Downgrade run my app and select menu "Revert Back to Stock".
2. Yes, RC fw not changed.

5.3 features looks very nice, PapaTita!
Since I can't contribute with any technical knowledge I can only point out typos, as the "sign" on your gui says "fly save". I guess you mean "fly safe" [emoji16]
However, I also "save" money by not having to upgrade my P3Standard for increased range! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: PapaTita
My P3S has the latest firmware and up to date DJI App..I flew this morning (fine and no wind) did a personal best with the bird 5,000m or 3.107 miles..no problem here. SAM_0488.JPG SAM_0489.JPG SAM_0492.JPG

Hi all,

Today I have checked RC of my P3S (DBS installed) with Rodhe & Schwartz FSH-8 spectrum analyzer, and I would like to share some results.

rs_m.jpg

So, 2.4 GHz power is 16dbm in CE mode, 19dbm in FCC mode, and after changing power by command "iw dev wlan0 set tx power 2700", the analyzer shows me about 26 dbm. This is maximum of power on 2.4 GHz. You can, as example, set tx power to 33dbm, but actually you will get 26-27 dbm.

5.8 GHz power is 7 dbm (i was surprised, but maybe this is not correct vaule due to proprietary digital modulation). There is no matter if RC in CE or FCC mode. Looks like the 5.8 GHz power is a constant.

Maybe this will help for further mods.

By the way, I also checked this 5.8 GHz amplifier and this 2.4 GHz amplifier.
5.8 GHz amplifier works fine and gain is about 7 dbm.
2.4 GHz amplifier, with described 2W output power, actually can give 500 mW output from 100 mW input. I tried to put 500 mW to input, but got 500 mW on output, and signal is very dirty, gives very big interference on entire Wi-Fi band.

Hi Vengant,
I still have range problems on P3S , still less than 300-400m, even I have applied Papa Tita and antenna change..The Telnet , says that all OK, 24 dBm.
I also checked the power with a small RF detector , to investigate and solve my range problem. ,and I could see.
1) that in one of the 2.4Ghz the RF detector detects more than 21 dBm.(due to Magic Power ) that is fine.(that is the 2.4Ghz cable much closer to the top RC antenna.-is the grey coaxial). The 21 dBm's just can be measured when the RC and the AC are paired, and the showing a greed LED in the RC.(before RC and AC connection, much less power)
2-) To the other 2.4 Ghz , the RF detector just detect 1.4 dBm, (moving a lot from 1 to 3dBm) , that is the second inside RF coaxial connector , black coaxial)
3-) The 5.8Ghz detects between 12 and 13 dBms .

Is it normal ,the point (2) , Did you also measured something similar ? I mean that one of the two 2.4Ghz delivers very low power ? Maybe that link is just the link to the mobile device that it is very close, and that is normal ?
Or do I have a real faulty RC problem or wrong IPX connection , inside my RC , that needs to be repaired ?
I already checked several times, and I do not see any visual problem, but that 2.4Ghz shows very poor output at home testing (not flying )
Thanks in advance,

Reactions: Joe H
Take it easy and no need to worry about it.

Hey PapaTita, been playing with my drone this weekend, done the update and I'm struggling with the file transfer now

What method / software do you recommend to push files to the /sbin directory ? Filezilla won't let me do it, even in manual mode ; it looks like we have restricted access to the FTP now with the root / Big~9China login from Ocjze

Sorry if this seems a stupid question, but does this mod increase the control signal as well as the video feed? And where can i find a download for magic power 5.2. i can only seem to find Magic power 5.0

Cheers

Hey PapaTita, been playing with my drone this weekend, done the update and I'm struggling with the file transfer now

What method / software do you recommend to push files to the /sbin directory ? Filezilla won't let me do it, even in manual mode ; it looks like we have restricted access to the FTP now with the root / Big~9China login from Ocjze
Yes, DJI has restricted access to FTP, but we could still run commands directly through the terminal

Reactions: PsiFoX
Hello, could you help me, after do this my phantom 3 standard camera is off (i mean its all normally and function but it can't connect with my dji go app)

Kejadian sebelum error ini diapain? update firmware kah atau mod pakai cara halaman awal topik ini?
ini p3s temen mas, katanya di mod pakai cara halaman awal topik ini mas
kalau keadaan sih normal seperti biasa cuma dia gak bisa masuk ke app dji go jadi statusnya disconnect dan gambar blank hitam

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4