Phantom 3 Standard Range issues

Since you never lose control of it with the controller maybe the issues is your phone? Perhaps a bug with your phone model and the app?

Where are you flying it exactly? If you are close to a wifi or other interference then your video will drop out as expected. I've had my P3s to 5500ft in the country but can get perhaps only 150ft near homes

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did some flying yesterday and managed to get about 300-400m in an area with no WiFi but some large trees dotted about a bit. I flew pretty high and had line of sight the whole time but just wondering what other people get in these situations as I'm pretty close to sending it back. I might try today taking it to a really open area and flying it as far as I can.

Hi Dave,

Are you still on the rolled back fw 1.5.7+ or did you re-update. To be fair 300-400m sounds pretty good. I mainly fly in local parks so over 250m and I'm getting above houses so that may be my interference. Got a holiday in Scotland coming up by Loch Ness so there should be bugger all interference there!!! From what I've read (lots!) the 500m quoted range is the max in optimal conditions so 300-400 is getting there!!

I upgraded again to the latest firmware. It's raining here now so I don't think I'll be able to fly today but I'll check it another day. I'm starting to think it's actually ok.

Do you think it's worth going back to the latest version then?? It's actually dry here at the moment so could get a quick flight in!!

I had to update it to that so dji support would talk to me about there being an issue. No harm in trying it out.

Sorry Dave, forgot to ask, did you have video feed on your 400-500m flight?

Hi Dave

Ok work this one out....updated to 1.6.8(latest fw). Took it out to the park and got 300m with video feed. Trees around and at that range was getting close (ish) to houses. Had my range extender on(parabolic reflector). Does that sound about right to you? I've only flown mine so haven't really got anything to compare it against. Rolled back FW and got same range!!

Yeah I think range is OK now. They might have tweaked the firmware and not changed the version number, doubt it but it's possible. There's also a dji video that shows you how to aim the antenna for best results.

I suppose if I wanted huge range I'd have gone Adv/Pro. Most things I'll be filming/photographing are less than 300m radius so shouldn't have an issue. Also, at 300m away, I can't see the bloody thing. What kind of ranges did you get with your friends one? Where about in the UK are you flying?

I was getting a couple of hundred metres with my friends one but that was out in the sticks with no WiFi.

I'm just south of Glasgow.

So my 300m in a public park isn't that bad then!! I'm up in Inverness in a few weeks with the Mrs and kids. Hoping for decent range as I'd really like to take it out over Loch Ness and get some nice videos/photos. Also some nice ruins around there from what I've seen

I flew mine today around at work where there's lots of WiFi interfere and I used litchi app to do a waypoints flight. I set it up on the app and then got it to run and even when I lost reception it didn't matter cause the mission was running. So if you set up a mission and get it running you should be fine.

So my 300m in a public park isn't that bad then!! I'm up in Inverness in a few weeks with the Mrs and kids. Hoping for decent range as I'd really like to take it out over Loch Ness and get some nice videos/photos. Also some nice ruins around there from what I've seen

In an open field far out in the country side I get about 1,3 km before losing video feed. Firmware 1.5 and 1.6 had same results. RC still not lost at that range. But in the neighborhood I barely get 100-200 meters.... I am CE mode.

Hopefully I'll see similar ranges to that then!! Are you using any signal mod/windsurfer? The park I usually fly in is surrounded by houses/trees so think they effect the range. It's getting closer to the 500m quoted by DJI, however they are in optimal conditions. 1.3km is amazing, especially if that is all stock?[emoji848]

There's the thread about boosting power to the FCC, worth having a look at that? I'll likely do it at some point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20