Phantom 3 standard range extender

Reaction score
I was looking at range extenders and I was wondering what you guys have tried and what works best.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

argtek one I went with works great
2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg

Where did you get that iPad holder from

Most of us has the tablet setup. I will let him tell you guys. He has a great mod.

I was looking at range extenders and I was wondering what you guys have tried and what works best.

i guess it depends on the area where you live and fly.
I fly in suburban area with a lot of WiFi interference.
My stock distance was anywhere between 800' feet to 1,800'.. Once i made it to 2,200', that was my record lol..
I got a DBS mode and some amps, now i get 6,000-7,000' no problem, and a couple of days ago made it to 11,200'.. but then i had a problem with RTH so had to come back.
I bet a can make it to over 15,000 no problem if i go to an open area or over water. Im just concerned about battery running out because im having some problems with speeds coming back...
When i fly in the straight line i can get up to 30mph, but for some reason coming back i cant go faster than 12mph.. almost ran out of battery on the way back the other day.

Whats your average distance now?
IMG_1169.JPG IMG_1174.JPG

Last edited:
I'll have to check what distance I get right now but I will report back tommorow

I get about 170 meteres In my neighborhood

My stock distance was anywhere between 800' feet to 1,800'.. Once i made it to 2,200', that was my record lol..
I got a DBS mode and some amps, now i get 6,000-7,000' no problem, and a couple of days ago made it to 11,200'.. but then i had a problem with RTH so had to come back.
I bet a can make it to over 15,000 no problem if i go to an open area or over water. Im just concerned about battery running out because im having some problems with speeds coming back...
When i fly in the straight line i can get up to 30mph, but for some reason coming back i cant go faster than 12mph.. almost ran out of battery on the way back the other day.

View attachment 46735 View attachment 46736
I get 1.8 miles with just a windsurfer

wow I get 2800 feet in neighborhood

Wow unbelievable you guys are lucky I don't get past 50m and loose signal because of this great stories is that I got my P3S unfortunately now after just 3 flights and not even a month old is just a expensive paper weight I can't get it to flight :(

View attachment 46735 View attachment 46736
Can you do tutorial on how to install the amps?

Tried that already Im getting yellow flashing lights and a warning message "invalid serial number" contacted DJI but so far they haven't helped at all

look forward to seeing it

Reactions: MTR-Aerial
I'm usually around 5-7k feet with just the itelite panel off my front porch in a very urban area. If u go out into rural areas it's easily between 11-13k feet. Plenty of distance for me!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl