Phantom 3 Standard: Motors wont work

Reaction score
I crashed my Phantom 3 Standard yesterday, it still connects fine to my phone, the gimbal still working. But the motors do not work. I can hear a clicking sound on 1 of 4 motors (2 or 3 second it beeps one). One more, the beeping sound when I turn on the Phantom won't beep anymore. I think 1 of motors has a problem. Do I need to replace that motor to make the Phantom works again? or I need to do something else?. Thanks for reading

here is the video:

Last edited:
Don't " tinker around " with it till you get some much needed HELP here.....these guys will ask many questions and hopefully will get you back in the air again and soon....Oh was it a owner caused crash ? or a malfunction of the drone flight systems ?

Don't " tinker around " with it till you get some much needed HELP here.....these guys will ask many questions and hopefully will get you back in the air again and soon....Oh was it a owner caused crash ? or a malfunction of the drone flight systems ?

Yes, it was crashed by me. I installed the prop guards for it. I think they are too heavy for the drone. When it reached about 100ft, it was losing balance and crashed on my roof then bounced down to the ground :D.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Yes, it was crashed by me. I installed the prop guards for it. I think they are too heavy for the drone. When it reached about 100ft, it was losing balance and crashed on my roof then bounced down to the ground :D.
Nooooooooooooooo way they caused it......it sure was not them....it might have been the wing gusts over your house...they are not heavy to do that But they will cause wind drag.

There are so many negative reviews against the prop guards in the phantom 3 that does not make sense to have it. I am stay away from it.

There are so many negative reviews against the prop guards in the phantom 3 that does not make sense to have it. I am stay away from it.

I've seen a number of past reports from ops that have installed them and then removed them because they appeared to create more flying issues than they solved. In any case, I believe the majority of people in this forum fly without them.

Reactions: macoman and krayken
If all 4 motors are out, it does not sound like an individual motor, if the motors were stalled in the crash, then maybe an ESC fault. Sounds like you need some expert help, but I would not start replacing motors yet. Are you getting any notifications in the DJI app?

@krayken,
Welcome to the forum!

Crashing Sucks, Loosing it is worse. :(

Got a link / picture of the overweight prop guards?

Rod

If all 4 motors are out, it does not sound like an individual motor, if the motors were stalled in the crash, then maybe an ESC fault. Sounds like you need some expert help, but I would not start replacing motors yet. Are you getting any notifications in the DJI app?
nothing, I can even press "Slide to take off" but then nothing happen with my drone.

so what can I do now? I see someone is selling the whole centerboard with only $125. Is it worth it to buy it to replace my board? or I need to buy only a replacement for my motors?

DJI Phantom 3 Standard Part 76 ESC Center Board 5.8 GHz, 2312A Motor 94 CCW 95CW 768855097087 | eBay
HI just watch your clip,always very hard to get a crash one right but just notice link light flashing red what colour is remote light,green or red,have you tried relinking just to make sure they paired together properly,can't say I heard proper start up tune of esc ,you could replace since found one,just suxs buying things when might not be fault,good to have spares for these occasions though,it could be damaged if upside down spinning to a stall,seems to happen to most phantoms (made by cheapest bidder)also what colour is gimble light,red ,flashing red or green,should be green with SD card in it..but yes won't start if not linked either

Last edited by a moderator:
HI just watch your clip,always very hard to get a crash one right but just notice link light flashing red what colour is remote light,green or red,have you tried relinking just to make sure they paired together properly,can't say I heard proper start up tune of esc ,you could replace since found one,just suxs buying things when might not be fault,good to have spares for these occasions though,it could be damaged if upside down spinning to a stall,seems to happen to most phantoms (made by cheapest bidder)also what colour is gimble light,red ,flashing red or green,should be green with SD card in it

The remote light is green and I believe that it connects perfectly with my Drone ( I can move up/down the gimbal with my remote). And the gimble's color is Green.

OK that good but that flashing red not,can you or have you tried to start manually with the app not conected, all motors turn good by hand,no odd clicks or friction,got a feeling since green it could be esc also due to different start tune,should be quite loud

OK that good but that flashing red not,can you or have you tried to start manually with the app not conected, all motors turn good by hand,no odd clicks or friction,got a feeling since green it could be esc also due to different start tune,should be quite loud

yes, same thing happened

Yeh if you sure your motor is bad or not turning nice like others,mate I hate to recomended buying things and it don't work,I been there heaps,it's all a bit trail and error with these phantoms and other rc,yes motor could be cause to of start tune cause they sort of chirp and twitch with esc,could be why that link light flashing,does it give you any status in app what going on when app first opens ,you think it would have some logo or prompt saying what up,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez