Phantom 3 Standard Distance & Time

The answers to your two questions are highly dependent on several variables. Range can be as short as 100m in dense residential areas, and as long as 1600m over open land/water with no interference.

For you P3S owners, what are you getting in distance and flight times for a stock P3S?
You go first what are you getting?

When P3S is working correctly, what the box says 3/4 mile.
16-18 mins wind is also a factor.

Rod

Well, I was thinking of going with a Mavic Pro then the lack of anyone shipping them and my thin wallet told me to go used/referb. The DJI site has P3S referbs for $356 which sounds pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well, I was thinking of going with a Mavic Pro then the lack of anyone shipping them and my thin wallet told me to go used/referb. The DJI site has P3S referbs for $356 which sounds pretty good.

get a p3a instead will be much happier

I have a P3S that can get to 1600m with a simple windsurfer but in suburban areas, much less. Eat beans on toast for a bit and get a P3A as others have suggested. You will be much better off and spend more time flying/filming and less rime sweating about NITS and the other related wifi diseases.

Reactions: eagleout
I agree cut back to just toast and only one slice and get the advanced I have both P3S 280m stock P3A 2.7 km stock yesterday.Ts not just the distance it's also the reliability of the signal.
Do dji sell used P3A s

My P3S gets about 18 minutes of flight time and I've never had the chance to take it to the max distance, no need to, and with my iPhone 7 I see no lag between the camera and the phone

Reactions: eagleout
Hm almost double the price I suppose it depends what you want out of it .
There's always rice and water WW2 POWs survived for years on that alone .

d7e4398427920f87a6f611b9d71dd7ed.jpg

This is my longest flight

I have always wondered why there seems to be such a difference in P3s s Some get great range in FCC or CE areas and they cruise through the deadly FW updates without a hitch. Yet others have trouble from day one . I have only had about 14 flights on mine in 11 months .

Stock I got 600 feet with homemade windsurfer I got 1150 feet, Still crappy range I think and I was out in the middle of no where. And there are hardly any trees here and I was above all hills where I took off.

Last edited:
I started 280m them added a DBS booster to get 500-700m if I was lucky and then a FW update reduced that to 10m .The nearest town is 15 km away so no interference . Flying within a 10m radios keeps you on your toes I can tell you .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.