Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

Yeah you dont have to..you can just coil the wire up and hot glue it down in there if you wanted. I took mine out because i knew i was never going back to stock!! And its pretty easy to just yank the old ones out

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

I took those useless, good for nothing chip antennas outta there! :D

Thanks !!! Just out of curiosity, what if a "Y" type connector was available that would allow the stock
and Itelite antennas to be connected at the same time, what would happen? Not planning on doing it,
but curious, none the less.

No worries..

No worries.. Just here to learn and also help others.. Here's my contribution..
I recently modified the birdside FPV antennas.. No need to open the shell.. Just remove the camera/gimbal assembly and take off 4 screws, pop off the covers and remove stock plugs.. plug in the u.fl to RP-SMA cables and re-assemble..

Hi,
Hey amico. The cables of my birdside FPV antennas in my P3S lost the connectors, so I order new ones (DJI Wi-Fi Video Link Antenna for Phantom 3 Standard CP.PT.000284=) .

Do you think I can mount them outside like you did with your dipoles antennas?

If not recommended... which dipoles antennas did you use and how you attached them on the sides of the camera?

I saw your video tutorial for the controller, but I didn't find anything for the birdside antennas?

Thanks in advanced

I got a windsurfer for my p3s and got 1.8km far.

If i upgrade 5.8g to Circular Polarized Antenna or Double Rhombic antenna.
Will it improve the distance and get more stable signal? If so, which one you prefer?

Thanks your advance.

5c634eac0dd67890b5d47a676f22f142.jpg
HTB1PVxkIVXXXXbpapXXq6xXFXXXZ.jpg
windsurfer.jpg

Reactions: jointeffort
Hi everyone!
When modding the remote with outside antennas, is it going to be a problem if i leave the old ones in the remote,not being attached? Would there be any interference?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 2016-09-20 19.55.38.jpg
    2016-09-20 19.55.38.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 594
No problem in leaving them. Just tape the ends so they don't touch anything else. Coil the wires and hot glue them down out of the way.

The P3S will turn out to be a big hit. The LightBridge in the P3A and P3P is very cool tech but the lower cost P3S along with a camera performance twist (2.7K) creates a very competitive market price point.

Dataa2. .. I have a few pieces of tech that can make the P3S fly into places a P3A, P3P, or Inspire 1 can't close close to doing.

I sent you a PM. Please read.

You were very insightful! The P3A and P3P are both now discontinued whilst the P3S soldiers on. :)

Well I have pushed further still ...

With Argtek and Icarus 27 - I reached just over 2500m in semi rural area ...

With a simple windsurfer set to the mid part of the Omni antenna in same location - reached 3068m ....

Later I will be trying with TWO windsurfers that are near full length of the Omni antenna ...

Nigel

Today I tried with two Windsurfer parabola's glued together to create a single unit to match the extra long Argtek Omni 5.8Ghz antenna.

I flew twice ... once with Go 3.1.5 and second with Litchi. Latest FW 1.8.10

Go 3.1.5 - I reached 4385m and auto RTH kicked in.

Litchi - reached 4525m and auto RTH kicked in.

The main point of interest is I now know the range of Video / Telemetry on the 2.4 even with 27db mod. It was still feeding images and screen scrolling as AC moved - but you could tell it was close to maximum.

Second point. Latvia is pretty flat but has a lot of tall trees. There really is no benefit from any high ground here. The results can be taken as flat ground and with semi rural as my RC is in residential area and AC is flying of into rural.

Videos will be linked once processed.

Nigel

So I'm seeing all kinds of info about upgrading the controller antennas. Anyone upgrade the quad antennas? Better reception and better omnidirectional reception? (ie directly above)

So I'm seeing all kinds of info about upgrading the controller antennas. Anyone upgrade the quad antennas? Better reception and better omnidirectional reception? (ie directly above)
It's been done. Problem is you can buy a P3P for the cost involved by the time your done doing the TX & Quad and go futher with the P3P. Enjoy your standard for what it is.

He guys I'm new to the forum. But after reading this post I just had to sign up and check if any of you have experience with the antenna in Below URL?

Antenna Ultra Long Range Extended Range For DJI Phantom 3Standard Images - Banggood

18e79746-152b-4ec7-854f-1a8a669fa57e.jpg
7171e001-61ad-4fb3-bc0f-cc973d11f267.jpg
I have just installed them (Argtek) on my P3S! Stock I got a little over 3000 feet (out in the country) with them I can now get 9400 feet before disconnecting and activating RTH! I have great video (live) feed at 8000 to 8500 depending on conditions. The first picture is with the stock antenna,the second one is with the Long Range setup!
IMG_1673 2.PNG
IMG_1693.PNG

Last edited:
Wow that’s quiet a fiet l was getting max 450 metres with stock antenna , did the arktek upgrade and it added about 200 metres more , so to get that range out of a standard is very nice .

Wow that’s quiet a fiet l was getting max 450 metres with stock antenna , did the arktek upgrade and it added about 200 metres more , so to get that range out of a standard is very nice .
I wasn't expecting that much diffrence,but it more than doubled my range at a known flite site,flying the same flight path. I tried it out yesterday at another area we fly at, with known WiFi Interference and the best we could get was around 1600 feet before. Now it will easily fly out to 51-5600 feet's to say I'm impressed with the system,is a under statement !:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav