Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

Let me say this Dave. In the long thread on this panel since DBS came out with it and did follow it and this is my second one I have never heard of a bad panel till this Standard section started .Not saying their not sending out some bad ones now just that I have never heard of any till now .
Same with bad TX's .
I'm seeing stuff in here I have never seen reported before . DJI must have really got slack with all these reports of bad units .
As far as the tightening of those connecters it was a surprise to me as I wasn't having any issues when I read about that but did start using a wrench and was surprised how much more they would tighten . I really think it was DBS that said to do that but not sure now .
The only way to mess up doing the mod is if you mess up with the 3 connecter's unless you just are rough and pull something else loose in the TX .
I did not like the less insulated cables and did replace them as soon as I could get some in . I mean look at them View attachment 34330 Is easy to tell which will contain more signal and felt the same way about the external long ones . Their to long in my opinion so I have changed that to see
if that would give me more distance to these View attachment 34331 .Now I just got these on yesterday and like you at the moment and have webs growing between my toes because of the rain and can't get out to see if they have helped any or not .I did sneak 1 flight in but only for 1100' before I came back but was strong the whole way but the other's where too at that distance .
Why DBS has chimed in here I don't know but gonna pester him till he does to tell us what he thinks might be going on .
As far as losing control of you bird if ether do fail ....TX or Antenna ... I **** sure hope the bird would do as it's suppose to do and go into RTH and do that .
All this is just IMO and has came from messing with these for over a year . This Standard is totally different and sure at some point we will work all this out .
I have done all I can to this TX I can and am now about to see just what can be done to the bird itself .We are trying to make this into something it's not . Is why I got it instead of an Adv . I do like my screwdriver :)
Before it's over I might be liking my hammer :eek:
UPDATE/ Got to try the new shorter cables out just now and went from 7'499.9' to 8'818.5' IMG_1681.PNG Same path and conditions were the same . Was a little lower this time .1318.6' more.
Now I can't say for 100% I got that by using those shorter cables because everyday is different but there's what I got .
Oh yea..being I went over that golf course I stopped about half way back and got me a 360 of 18 holes of golf :)
BaHahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reactions: Mike Drone7
UPDATE/ Got to try the new shorter cables out just now and went from 7'499.9' to 8'818.5' View attachment 34518 Same path and conditions were the same . Was a little lower this time .1318.6' more.
Now I can't say for 100% I got that by using those shorter cables because everyday is different but there's what I got .
Oh yea..being I went over that golf course I stopped about half way back and got me a 360 of 18 holes of golf :)
BaHahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What the record distance for Phantom 3 Standard without boosters?

Your 8,818' seems like the farthest I've heard of..

What the record distance for Phantom 3 Standard without boosters?

Your 8,818' seems like the farthest I've heard of..
ozz.gif

I've never used booster's .Just good cable's and held my mouth right :)

Do you have bird side antennas?

I myself have gone 7400' with just a DBS Itelite panel, but want to try to reach 10,000'
Nope that's just the TX mod on this one . I have birdsides on my Vision

Hi guys, I'm actually running my P3S in CE mode (Italy) and the distance reached is not great... I have almost reach 200mt in altitude and about 400-450 in distance.

Just yesterday I've got a little booster that increase the range to 6-700mt in distance and 350-370mt in altitude.

Anyway the use of the booster is not so simple to use. I mean the signal becomes very directional and yesterday I've lost communication because of the drone was too far away and I was pointing in the wrong direction.

Anybody knows if the dbs antenna is directional like my booster and it should be pointed towards the drone?

All antennas including the stock one need to be pointed properly ryback and the farther away you are yes it will lose connection
if you have the bird ones turned where they can't see your TX one .

All antennas including the stock one need to be pointed properly ryback and the farther away you are yes it will lose connection
if you have the bird ones turned where they can't see your TX one .

Thanks for the reply Dirk, I noticed that with the stock antenna and without the "booster" the signal is more stable, I mean that before loosing the connection it starts to fall down to 50% and then 20% and so on until it drops...

today I've done another test and the maximum reach was 450mt and then I completely lost the signal... I do not understand because a moment before loosing it was 100% ok with all bars on.

I am sure that I was pointing in the right direction, the phantom was almost flying straight in front of me... it was about 50-70mt over my altitude and I was on a 30° angle with my remote and the antenna/remote angle was on a 90° with the booster mounted on it.

Do you think that I can have a real improvement if I buy the dbs antenna mod? I'm reading that Dave is not as happy as he hoped in the first place... and also I am a little bit worried about using it on a small environment where maybe the stock antenna offers a better "round" range cover...

Sorry for my bad eng :)

no, I have the standard, my controller has a single antenna and only one of that things... :)
Your 2.4 or FPV antennas are located in the top of the TX and you are blocking them with that .

Reactions: clivek_77
Your 2.4 or FPV antennas are located in the top of the TX and you are blocking them with that .

****, really is that possible? I thought that maybe that could be a problem, but the booster is very thin (about 7cm) and plus I have more range with this system than before...

another thing to observe is that when it drops the signal it goes away simultaneously boh fpv and controls, so the problem is not fpv only but a general loss...

another thing to observe is that when it drops the signal it goes away simultaneously boh fpv and controls, so the problem is not fpv only but a general loss...

How do you know the RC signal drops? Does it trigger RTH?

How do you know the RC signal drops? Does it trigger RTH?
You said you had got 7400' back a few post and you don't know this ?
After reading all your post I'm not sure what you got other than your first post where you said
have gone as far as 6,800'
Your not blowing smoke up our ( I )"s are you .
We do have flight logs ya know where you can stop the arrow at your farthest point to post .
No doubt then ;)
The proof is in the pudding :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT