Phantom 3 SE

For sure you need to make all test to be sure that the range issue isn't due to a wrong setup or so on.....but if there are some Se that have bad signal connection at 200mt and others that can fly over 2km in Ce mode the problem is in the drone....And if the improved wifi signal(compared to std) is so susceptible to the fly location make te bird is unreliable and not worth the money spent.

I keep all that in mind and will not hesitate to return it if it doesn't fly as advertised.

@macoman: Everything seems to be up to date. App version: 3.1.15 / AC version: 1.3.20

Reactions: macoman
I tested and i can say that if i switch on RC then pad then AC or reverse nothing change in quality connection....

Does anyone know which type of filters should I use? The 3 Standard, or the Advanced one?

Actually my plan is to leave a UV filter, or just a blank lens on the front to protect it, so I'd need sometgind UV or just a glass that I can leave on with the lens cap, and using the gimbal lock too. I'll certailny remove it when I use the NDs and the Polar one.

Other question, which one has not that bad quality? I'm wondering, don't really know if I need to spend 100s for just 2-3 filters, whenever I just use it for hobby purpose. I like the quality (Canon 5D Mk3, and I have filters cost 50-100+), but don't even know what is the quality of this cam (drone has not arrived yet, but as soon as arrived, would like to take the bird for a fly).

Last edited:
Does anyone know which type of filets should I use? The 3 Standard, or the Advanced one?

Actually my plan is to leave a UV filter, or just a blank lens on the front to protect it, so I'd need sometgind UV or just a glass that I can leave on with the lens cap, and using the gimbal lock too. I'll certailny remove it when I use the NDs and the Polar one.

Other question, which one has not that bad quality? I'm wondering, don't really know if I need to spend 100s for just 2-3 filters, whenever I just use it for hobby purpose. I like the quality (Canon 5D Mk3, and I have filters cost 50-100+), but don't even know what is the quality of this cam (drone has not arrived yet, but as soon as arrived, would like to take the bird for a fly).
The question that you need to answer is, do you need longer range or short range? The standard have only a short range of around 2500 feet, while the advanced can go as far as 8000 feet.

The question that you need to answer is, do you need longer range or short range? The standard have only a short range of around 2500 feet, while the advanced can go as far as 8000 feet.

OMG, sorry, I had a mistake... Not filets, but filters I meant... So I have the guy, the SE, that's why I wrote into this thread, I'm thinking about the filters onto that... I'll correct it now, sorry again...

And I thing I already know I need the Advanced filters, based on I read somewhere the SE has no screw mount like the Standard has... All I need is which is the best that is not extremely expensive to start with... Don't really trust the noname Chinese ones... Still not sure about the Neewer ones, too cheap to be true...

OMG, sorry, I had a mistake... Not filets, but filters I meant... So I have the guy, the SE, that's why I wrote into this thread, I'm thinking about the filters onto that... I'll correct it now, sorry again...

And I thing I already know I need the Advanced filters, based on I read somewhere the SE has no screw mount like the Standard has... All I need is which is the best that is not extremely expensive to start with... Don't really trust the noname Chinese ones... Still not sure about the Neewer ones, too cheap to be true...

I have the neewer filters and works pretty good in my standard. I am not a professional photographer, just a hobbyist drone pilot.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Thanks, I'll check it tomorrow on my external display, but looks nice on laptop screen... What filter did you use on this?

Hi everyone,
Im creating this thread for the people who have bought the new phantom se.
It don't have a lot of information on internet about the new product.
My max range was approximately 900m,but im waiting my argtek antenna,ill let you know the result.

I just received a Phantom 3SE. I had an out of box failure with the camera... SD card failure. Replaced it with a UHS-1 and still had failure. DJI told me to send it back for analysis and determination if it was covered on warranty. Really...out of the Box? It is going back as directed, but as a return. Not a great customer experience.

Hi everyone,
Im creating this thread for the people who have bought the new phantom se.
It don't have a lot of information on internet about the new product.
My max range was approximately 900m,but im waiting my argtek antenna,ill let you know the result.

I would like to add myself as another owner of phantom 3se from tom top. Bargain price but keeps losing signal. I thought it was in beginners mode but loses single anything from 50 to 120 metres. I have also had screen from camera black out. I have other drones but none have such poor signal.

I would like to add myself as another owner of phantom 3se from tom top. Bargain price but keeps losing signal. I thought it was in beginners mode but loses single anything from 50 to 120 metres. I have also had screen from camera black out. I have other drones but none have such poor signal.
Have you tried it in a different location? And are there at the moment other devices in your area that use Wifi.

Have you tried it in a different location? And are there at the moment other devices in your area that use Wifi.
I can fly a phantom 3 advanced at the same spot without any problems plus a spark, mi xiaomi. I don't think its the location although I am now getting a 30 metre height limit and a 50 metre distance limit. Dji support suggested a IMU cal and this has helped the signal but it still fails and the camera goes blank.

Hi all. My name is John Walters and I am the proud owner of an Phantom SE. I am in southern California

Mine had remote issue, it lost the wifi after few minutes. Try a power bank, keep that connected. They changed my remote to a new, it's okay so far...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik