Phantom 3 SE

The rc range for 2.4ghz(wifi video) is only 1000m,from the spec in dji quick start,so i don't know how the people can do better
The 5.8ghz: 2.5 mi. so maybe the 2.4 is boosted IDK but i'm guessing .

They can boost more the rc wifi output,but they don't do,they are seriously under the fcc law

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170910-135053.png
    Screenshot_20170910-135053.png
    611 KB · Views: 388
I was very interested in the P3SE but I found out it doesn't support the dji googles which I wasn't planning on googles in the first place.Then I found out it doesn't support Litchi :( at the moment and who knows if it ever will.Now i'm wondering just what and what not it will support which might be ok but if I ever decided to sell it to upgrade I bet I would take a beating.I will skip on this one and go with my original plan with the P3P.
This is the official reply from Litchi when i asked about SE version and if they will be including it in supported devices, so hopefully it will be supported:
AUG 29, 2017 | 07:31AM UTC
Litchi replied:

Hi,

Yes, but currently Phantom 3 SE is not part of the current DJI SDK.

Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi

Hi All, I'm relatively new to flying drones as I had an UpAir One for 2 weeks (sent it back as it had too many glitches). Yesterday my P3 SE arrived from China. It cost just £409 and only took 7 days to arrive so I'm pretty chuffed. What I have noticed today is the video signal jutters a tad. I might be a settings issue that I need to look into but it's early days. Great Forum!

Hi here in Italy i cannot reache more than 400/500mt and 180/220mt high.......my Se after 200mt has really unstable connection....i tried with Android and Ios...same range only the Ios has smooth video streaming....really if you have no range no litchi is useless! I tried to replace antennas.....worse or egual!!! Of course no better results....

Reactions: zaulino
Hi All, I'm relatively new to flying drones as I had an UpAir One for 2 weeks (sent it back as it had too many glitches). Yesterday my P3 SE arrived from China. It cost just £409 and only took 7 days to arrive so I'm pretty chuffed. What I have noticed today is the video signal jutters a tad. I might be a settings issue that I need to look into but it's early days. Great Forum!

Welcome on board.Go (in the DJI GO app) to this setting:

General settings:
Cache During Video Shooting - set it to [off]

Have good and safe flight!

Hi here in Italy i cannot reache more than 400/500mt and 180/220mt high.......my Se after 200mt has really unstable connection....i tried with Android and Ios...same range only the Ios has smooth video streaming....really if you have no range no litchi is useless! I tried to replace antennas.....worse or egual!!! Of course no better results....
Buongiorno Andrewrok da Italia.

Do you always have this problem in the same location. And have you tried it in an open field?
Btw, when using the P3SE, don't use Litchi. So try the DJI GO app.

Thanks Chatikib, I will have a go as soon as the sun comes through and burns the fog away!
I will be sure to let you know how it goes. :)

Buongiorno Andrewrok da Italia.

Do you always have this problem in the same location. And have you tried it in an open field?
Btw, when using the P3SE, don't use Litchi. So try the DJI GO app.

I tried in several location every time in open field or mountain...and i can't use Litchi(Android) because doesn't support the SE....doesn't connect...i hope soon will be possible to improve the signal wattage or use Litchi.....or sell that and buy something better..

Hi Chatikib, the signal has greatly improved thanks but the video now seems a second per second frame speed? Any ideas?
Check these settings also:

General settings:
- Enable hardware Decoding - [on]
- Show flight Route - [on]
- Calibrate Map Coordinates - [off]

And how is your recorded video result?

And don't forget:

Enable Hardware Decoding - [on]

Last edited:
I tried in several location every time in open field or mountain...and i can't use Litchi(Android) because doesn't support the SE....doesn't connect...i hope soon will be possible to improve the signal wattage or use Litchi.....or sell that and buy something better..

The reason is because DJI has not released the SDK for developers of the phantom 3 SE, so third party apps can add the bird into their applications.

Reactions: chatikib
Hey that's a great price where did you get it from?

It is a great price but it was a bit of a gamble. I got it online from Tomtop (China) and some of the reviews said they're not great but for me they were. 7 days and delivered can't be bad. Everything in great order even the box! The price fluctuates with the currency but £409 when I ordered it.

I got mine from TomTop. Ordered Thursday, arrived in Australia following Monday afternoon. Tracking all the way. Mine was AUD701.25.
Been flying off my deck over the park next door. Control and photos/videos amazing.

It is a great price but it was a bit of a gamble. I got it online from Tomtop (China) and some of the reviews said they're not great but for me they were. 7 days and delivered can't be bad. Everything in great order even the box! The price fluctuates with the currency but £409 when I ordered it.
Did you also pay import duties? I ordered my P3SE at Aliexpress and they sent the drone from Liverpool (so without import duties).

I'm also having issues with my Phantom 3 SE. It is my first drone I just picked it up this past weekend.

I typically lose video connection at about 500-900 m. The furthest I've gotten for it of it is probably 1100. So is this a common issue everyone is having. Maybe I should return it and just get a Professional?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic