Phantom 3 SE

Hi, I own a P3se as well. I haven't had any issues with the drone itself. Great flyer and seems to work every single time I use it. However, I'm having trouble with the app. iPad 2017 running iOS 10 and the go app ver 3.1.22. The app will not load the map until it gets back to a wifi signal to update or something. I just don't know. I've downloaded the google map of where I fly, but no map until I get wifi. Any help?Thank you

By "downloaded the google map" do you mean "used the go app to cache the google/here map..."?

If so, it should work.

If not, try using the go app to cache the google map or here map while you have wifi prior to your flight.

By "downloaded the google map" do you mean "used the go app to cache the google/here map..."?

If so, it should work.

If not, try using the go app to cache the google map or here map while you have wifi prior to your flight.
Just a quick question: is the google map option available only for iOS, or i can use it with Android device as well?

Thanks for the reply. I found that if I opened apple maps and looked at the location I am flying before I leave the house, the dji go app loads the map consistently. Maybe that is the fix. Worked for me.

Hi everyone,
Im creating this thread for the people who have bought the new phantom se.
It don't have a lot of information on internet about the new product.
My max range was approximately 900m,but im waiting my argtek antenna,ill let you know the result.

Hi It's RV
I am very new in the Drone environnement. I have so bought a P3 SE and it cannot be used with Litchi (they said me that it is not yet supported) . It seems it is the same thing with DjiUtlimate software.

So, I am very suspicious with the "argtek antenna" which works well with the P3 Standard. I use my P3 SE in France (Europe) and it is the CE regulation which permits only 400/500 meters of range, isn't it ?
I hope that the argtek antenna will increase this range.

I have seen so that the RC of the P3 SE has one (1) antenna, Does the argtek antenna has only one wire to be connected to the RC ?

Please, let me know.
Thank's RV

Hi It's RV
I am very new in the Drone environnement. I have so bought a P3 SE and it cannot be used with Litchi (they said me that it is not yet supported) . It seems it is the same thing with DjiUtlimate software.

So, I am very suspicious with the "argtek antenna" which works well with the P3 Standard. I use my P3 SE in France (Europe) and it is the CE regulation which permits only 400/500 meters of range, isn't it ?

I have seen so that the RC of the P3 SE has one (1) antenna, Does the argtek antenna has only one wire to be connected to the RC ?

Please, let me know.
Thank's RV
If you do want a different antenna then I advise you to contact this supplier: MaxxUAV Europe. This supplier is based in Luxembourg and installs and tests your antenna against a small contribution. You can send your remote to them and they "fix the problem" and send it return to you.

Please, let me know.
Thank's RV
Don't use the argtek P3S antenna.

The SE RC has one visible antenna and two more hidden inside the controller. The two hidden inside the controller are the important ones and those are the only ones you need to mod. You might take a look at what the P4 series Phantom owners are using since the frequencies are the same.

Hi It's RV

Please, let me know.
Thank's RV
Hi, ARGtek antenna has 3 wires so it can be fitted to the SE controller. Many people have had success with it on SE, some had less...

The number of antenna cables is not what's important. What's important is you have the correct match of antenna and frequency. That's why you'd want to take a hard look at an antenna that works well with the P4.

The number of antenna cables is not what's important. What's important is you have the correct match of antenna and frequency. That's why you'd want to take a hard look at an antenna that works well with the P4.
And which frequency use the P4?

P3SE use 2,4 or 5 Ghz bethween AC and RC, as you choose in app. And for this frequency is optimised the ARGtek antenna as well

I thought you were referring to the argtek designed for the P3S - implied by the quote in your post #111

In the dji spec,we should reach 4km,but its not true,because the wifi signal output is too low. The camera is 4k and the argtek antenna is 60$,stay half price of the expensive phantom 4

Deathstar,
After playing close to home for two days of testing with a new (stock) SE, I sent it out 9400 feet (2.8km) and brought it back. Solid video all the way. I'm believing the 4km may be achievable. I'm not a distance flyer so someone else may want to chime in past 9400 foot mark. I only take the P4's out to 3km. I'm in the country so no real interference to deal with here. I'm aware suburbs and location can make a big difference. It will be interesting to see if the Argtek does you any good.

Don't use the argtek P3S antenna.

The SE RC has one visible antenna and two more hidden inside the controller. The two hidden inside the controller are the important ones and those are the only ones you need to mod. You might take a look at what the P4 series Phantom owners are using since the frequencies are the same.

Thank you Mark for this information.I thought something like that.
I have got too a reply from Chatikib, he has given me a link looking others antennas factories :
https://www.maxxuav.eu/

RV

Thank you Chatikib
Cheerr's
RV
This one looks very cool, but does it help if you don't use amplifier on the dron's side? I'm not strong in the frequencies, and the radio stuff, but somewhere I read that, if there's an amplifier, we should use that on both side...

Amp is the last thing you should worry about. First be sure you are aiming correctly and that you are taking environmental and terrain issues into account. Most people don't realize this, but adding a tripod to your setup will greatly improve range because it will keep your aim steady.

If you want to improve the connection and you are inclined to modify the controller, be sure you are using high quality cable and you have a sound connection with the transmitter. Make sure you have a high quality antenna, you mount it well, and that you know how to aim it correctly.

You may choose to improve the antenna on the AC side too, if you can. But the stock DJI antennas on the AC are already very high quality. If you think you want to do that, it's up to you.

After that, you can consider an amp.

History has proven it is not wise to place an amp at both ends of the bridge. Obviously, with two signals, you will need two amps, and both should be on the pilot side. So if you use amps, put them on the pilot side and leave the AC alone. If the amp is between the transmitter and antenna, it will amplify that signal before it gets to the transmitting antenna, then it will send the amplified signal out over the air towards the receiver. If the amp is between the receiver and the antenna, it will amplify the incoming signal after it has been sensed by the antenna, improving the strength of the signal that the receiver would otherwise receive. If the amp is between a transceiver and antenna (such as on the true wifi Phantoms) it must be a two-way amp, and it will help both the outgoing and incoming connection.

IMO, Sunhans is the most reputable source for RC amps. Good luck!

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor