Phantom 3 SE camera, poor quality

Reaction score
After few evening flying, I think this one (Phantom 3 SE) has a very noisy camera... I used ISO 100-200, but seems to be worse than the other Phantom 3 models... Any ideas, or experience?

DJI_0332.jpg
DJI_0326.jpg

It is not worse than my p3. Low light makes it noisy. Stacking them into one you can get a better picture. I just took some low light pictures with my p4 and I’m happy with it. Not perfect, but better than my p3.

I think those images don't look too bad.
Low light images, especially not on a fixed mount are going to be harder to achieve a clean shot.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
How long have you been experiencing this? Is the lens dirty or (like me) did you forget to remove the lens protector that came when it was shipped.

There was a clear soft plastic lens protector on my P3 4K. I removed it and things were a lot better.

*I Think some "photo shopping" sure would be great to add contrast or exposure to the images....i have a 24 mb "DLSR" Nikon and i still have to work with my images "day ones or night ones"... to tweak them some. ! I think the images look Ok too !

*I Think some "photo shopping" sure would be great to add contrast or exposure to the images....i have a 24 mb "DLSR" Nikon and i still have to work with my images "day ones or night ones"... to tweak them some. ! I think the images look Ok too !
A photographer with a full frame Canon, I know the limits... I just saw my friends pics with other drones, and they look much less noisy, that's why I asked, if anyone we else recognise any difference...

you should feel lucky. with my phantom 3 standard i can't take night pictures, besides noise, all the images are shaken

It might sound funny but is our drone new? There are two different gimbal protectors on the gimbal. The large plastic one and a smaller foam one in the rear of the gimbal. If you have been flying for a while it is beyond me.

You mentioned that you're using ISO 100-200. That's a problem.

The P3SE has a fixed lens apperture of 2.8 IIRC. If you lock the ISO at 100 that means that the only way to gain enough light for a shot like this would be to crank up the exposure time. The second picture looks bad because of this reason. The exposure time was too long and everything seems blurry and out of focus, when in fact it's quite impossible to keep the drone steady for a long timespan.

My advice would be to try to test how much you can crank up the ISO and see what kind of noise it gives the images in low light. Once you know the maximum value ISO which yields usable photos for your style, you can balance the ISO and exposure time properly.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj