Reaction score
Just curious about what experience anyone has had with these, good, bad, or indifferent. As cheap as they are, and that what threads I have read nobody says GET THIS!!!, probably useless. But not interested in disassembling remote or high dollar mods. I am flying a Phantom 3 Standard 4k, has some more range than the regular Standard, which I have also, but about to sell I think once comes back from DroneNerds for repair. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

s-l500.jpg
Sorry, forgot to load picture.

Reactions: Easy-V
Have both also and have tried about all you can .Spend the money and put the itelite panel on it and be done with it .
You will go farther than you have battery ..
Welcome to the forum :)

Just found an open area tonight and flew, nothing in sight, and 3-4 miles from face of the mountain, took it out to over 4,500 feet before lost signal. Definitely not normal, or an area I want to fly regularly, but was really impressed with what it can do with nothing around. Can't imagine what an Advanced or Pro would have done. The DBSmod is really cool, but kind of intimidating to install. Watched the video, make it look easy, but so did putting the ribbon cable in the camera after breaking it. Spent 3 hours at that, taking it back apart 4 times! Had gimbal arm on wrong side of stop, so camera would point straight up.

Well I have done 4 TX's with that panel and the P3 4 k was the hardest but very doable and I have got this with the panel .
20,000.PNG I guess it's just what you want to get and if your comfortable messing with these things .
Me likes it :)
Now I haven't had to mess with the camera on my P3's and hope I don't .

Reactions: flpholt
This looks simpler than the cable in the camera. Do you remove it to store in case, or have a separate case for remote?

I fly almost everyday and have no need for a case . I never know which one I will take da girls.jpg so I use this lopo.jpg
Sits in the floorboard of my truck just fine :)

That's so cool! I'm a little heavy on drones now, selling a P2v+ on Ebay that I bought as a starter, had no camera but great to learn to fly. Have my Standard out for repair, flying a 4k, and wife has now been bitten by the bug and bought a P3P off Ebay that did not have a camera, but bought that in another auction. Thought I could do this to get away from her, and she is clinging more than ever! Having fun doing it with her though.

Reactions: dirkclod
Well that P2V has been rebuilt about 7 times from crashes and I use it now mostly just to fly in the field behind me for stick practice
plus we have a history .
Only thing I have ever had my wife liked was a BassCat I had and after one fast trip down the waterway here I got my me time back :)
Love er but I need my time ;) I take my grand that lives with us every time I go though and he loves it .
We be like this .
lopro picture.JPG
;)

Well I have done 4 TX's with that panel and the P3 4 k was the hardest but very doable and I have got this with the panel .
View attachment 61853 I guess it's just what you want to get and if your comfortable messing with these things .
Me likes it :)
Now I haven't had to mess with the camera on my P3's and hope I don't .
what happened to vlos lol

Your point ?
just having some fun with you most time I post something like that few people get mad at me for doing distance runs

Reactions: dirkclod
Go for P3 4K. Worth every $ IMHO. If you are not looking for latency, then this should be enough. I use to have that windsurfer range extender but sold it. Got 1.7km with it in a mountain.
IMG-20160727-WA0001.jpg
But if you really want more range, just get dbs. It will not disappoint. Installation is moderate, just need some concentration not to pull the socket out of its seat.
20160729_013712.jpg
Got a lot of interference in my area, so I had to add 5.8Ghz Amp.
20160812_092246.jpg
Result as below, in a dense suburb, flown over a mall.
IMG-20160813-WA0000.jpg
For an extra $100 from a standard, you got better camera, can shot 4K (I like the 1080p 60fps which Standard cant do), you got the vps, and better remote (similar to pro/adv but no lightbridge). And way cheaper than Adv/Pro, plus you don't get too hard feeling if you crash it, compare to crashing pro/adv.

Reactions: flpholt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic