Phantom 3 Professional- Garbage

Reaction score
Ok... I have had a DJI Phantom 3 Professional for over a year now... I have to admit I did not use it for a few months. Being in Chicago the weather sucks in the winter. I took it out and upgraded their **** firmware and had a RC Signal Loss. I waited on hold for tech support for an hour only to get some Indian who tried basic solutions and then made it a point to get off the line with me since he couldn't fix the problem. Considering the money I spent on this POS I cut my losses and threw the whole thing in the garbage "literally" since that what it is. For all those out there... Save your money. Great concept but the company sucks. This would be my 3rd drone replacement. My first call to customer service a year a go, the girl actually said I "breaked" it by messing up the firmware update. Again.... Save your money.

Reactions: Dan Lee
Agreed, save your money and buy the P4P. No better bird or camera out there for the price.

Reactions: len750
People think that drones, specially the Phantoms are toys. If you are doing a firmware update, make sure you follow the procedure. People just do whatever they want and this is why it will failed. Trying to follow the procedure in firmware updates and you will succeed.

Ok... I have had a DJI Phantom 3 Professional for over a year now... I have to admit I did not use it for a few months. Being in Chicago the weather sucks in the winter. I took it out and upgraded their **** firmware and had a RC Signal Loss. I waited on hold for tech support for an hour only to get some Indian who tried basic solutions and then made it a point to get off the line with me since he couldn't fix the problem. Considering the money I spent on this POS I cut my losses and threw the whole thing in the garbage "literally" since that what it is. For all those out there... Save your money. Great concept but the company sucks. This would be my 3rd drone replacement. My first call to customer service a year a go, the girl actually said I "breaked" it by messing up the firmware update. Again.... Save your money.

"..... Considering the money I spent on this POS I cut my losses and threw the whole thing in the garbage "literally" since that what it is. ...."

I can't imagine that you actually expected anyone to believe that non sequitur. You might cut your losses to avoid throwing good money after bad or because you didn't spend much on it in the first place, but you didn't mean either of those, did you.

Reactions: Numone
Bought my P3Pro in November 2016. After unboxing I turned it on to do an IMU and gimbal calibration and noticed it needed firmware update. Shut it off, did some research, watched some videos then went on to do a successful firmware update. Restarted both AC and RC then did the calibrations. I haven't had a problem with the P3P since.

Bought my P3Pro in November 2016. After unboxing I turned it on to do an IMU and gimbal calibration and noticed it needed firmware update. Shut it off, did some research, watched some videos then went on to do a successful firmware update. Restarted both AC and RC then did the calibrations. I haven't had a problem with the P3P since.
That's how you operate a drone properly. It is your first DJI, doing some research before operating or upgrading a firmware is the way to go.

You have a great way to introduce yourself. I suspect we won't hear from you again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got over 800 flights with no problems from my P3P. It's paid for itself probably 25X over and still going strong.

Sorry you had such a problem but a single lemon does not a bad company make.

The technology in these devices is pretty amazing. It is a semi autonomous flying 4K camera platform for about $700. I'm continually impressed with how well it flies and the quality of the video that I get from such a small sensor.

The fact that it is a ton of fun is also a plus :)

I feel for the guys frustration, if your not computer savy boys, updating firmware, getting to know how to fly, if your short on patience & lastly, don't read or retain info well, these "toys" can be a daunting task.
And, if the process of learning frustrates you, stick to watching NASCAR.

I don't understand how someone in the year 2017 can say "I'm not computer savy." Saying that just means "I'm lazy and I don't want to learn anything." How can anyone be so "computer dumb" when you are literally surrounded by computers for EVERY aspect of your life? I just don't get it. How do you even have a job that doesn't require using a computer? At my job, they don't even give out pay stubs any more. You have to go to the break room and use the provided computers and print it out yourself. Even if you are a toilet scrubber. LOL

Go to school. Take a class. Learn how to use a PC. There's no avoiding it.

I guarantee that the OP didn't RTFM and now wants to blame everything on DJI and not himself. If this story is even real.... because anyone with any common sense wouldn't have thrown the drone it the trash, but would have tried to sell it as "needs repair".

I don't understand how someone in the year 2017 can say "I'm not computer savy." Saying that just means "I'm lazy and I don't want to learn anything." How can anyone be so "computer dumb" when you are literally surrounded by computers for EVERY aspect of your life? I just don't get it. How do you even have a job that doesn't require using a computer? At my job, they don't even give out pay stubs any more. You have to go to the break room and use the provided computers and print it out yourself. Even if you are a toilet scrubber. LOL

Go to school. Take a class. Learn how to use a PC. There's no avoiding it.
Can't say I agree with everything you say. Some of the new tech people that can do things with computers, I pads, cell phones, ect don't even know how to change a tire on a car. Have no idea what gas to put in said car...how many miles will you travel in one hour if you're going 60 mph...have no idea what their life is about without wearing a a watch that monitors their stats...give me a break. If it wasn't for the simple minded people you would be lost

Well. I could change not only your tire..... but I'd swap your engine out over the weekend too. And then I'd fix your laptop when I was done with that. hahaha. I'm no dummy when it comes to "life".

I'm not saying you need to be a computer whiz. But dang.... some people can barely figure out how to buy something off Ebay. One time I was telling the guys at work how great owning an Android TV box is (it turns your normal TV into a smart TV). Well, most of the guys bought one, but one guy in particular said.... "mine doesn't work". I said, "I'll stop by after work and get it going for you really quick". I got there and turned it on..... went to the network settings and said.... "OK, now which one of these is your WiFi?" He said.... "WiFi?" I don't have internet" (Now picture my jaw dropping at the stupidity at this point). I said.... "How did you think this thing was going to stream movies and stuff..... by magic?" And I got the "Well, I didn't know, I'm not computer savvy." excuse. Ughhhhhhhhhhh.

LOL. Signed up to make that beauty of a first post huh? No need for the garbage if it was too much for you. Could of just gave it to me, I could of fixed it and put it to use. Could think a few other things that probably should be thrown in the garbage!

Anyways good troll, I enjoyed it :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl