Need, new batt, for Phantom 3 Adv.

Reaction score
Hey, brand new phantom pilot here, got this from a guy I work for who said he hasn’t used it forever, I anticipated the battery has gone bad because I’ve still have experience with the Mavic’s. However, when I tried to find it on the store, I couldn’t find anything, worst part DJI told me that I was out of luck since it was discontinued. I hate to use third-party batteries like Amazon but I’m afraid I don’t have a choice.

Any suggestions?

(Ps. It’s just a drone battery remote controller works fine surprisingly)

Hey, brand new phantom pilot here, got this from a guy I work for who said he hasn’t used it forever, I anticipated the battery has gone bad because I’ve still have experience with the Mavic’s. However, when I tried to find it on the store, I couldn’t find anything, worst part DJI told me that I was out of luck since it was discontinued. I hate to use third-party batteries like Amazon but I’m afraid I don’t have a choice.

Any suggestions?

And, yes I did check the battery no signs of life.

Do a deep dive on Google for aerial mapping and agricultural stores in rural areas. I found a lot of mapping places still have phantom 3 parts . I’ve been lucky enough to pick up two brand new batteries that were still operable. All Phantom 3 take the same batteries.

Any suggestions?

Possibly eBay for used DJI batteries. I have also seen them on Facebook marketplace. You may also be able to pick up another Phantom 3 (working or not) with a battery for not too much $$. As someone else said, all P3s use the same battery.

Any suggestions?

There is nothing wrong with using third party batteries, many of them are of the same quality as the original battery that came with the drone. I have 3 PowerExtra batteries that I have used with my Phantom 3 Standard. They all still work. My oldest one purchased in 2017 has almost 200 charge cycles on it and still has 62% of it reported battery life. I have never had a problem with any of my 3 PowerExtra batteries and they have all outlasted the original DJI battery that came with the drone which I retired long ago due to swelling. All were purchased on Amazon. Yes, I did get one bad battery once but I was able to return it and replace it with a new one which has worked perfectly since. The only difference between the original battery and the PowerExtra ones is that the lights are a bit dimmer and harder to see in bright daylight - a minor inconvenience considering I can still keep my almost 7 year old drone still flying.

Chris

There is nothing wrong with using third party batteries, many of them are of the same quality as the original battery that came with the drone. I have 3 PowerExtra batteries that I have used with my Phantom 3 Standard. They all still work. My oldest one purchased in 2017 has almost 200 charge cycles on it and still has 62% of it reported battery life. I have never had a problem with any of my 3 PowerExtra batteries and they have all outlasted the original DJI battery that came with the drone which I retired long ago due to swelling. All were purchased on Amazon. Yes, I did get one bad battery once but I was able to return it and replace it with a new one which has worked perfectly since. The only difference between the original battery and the PowerExtra ones is that the lights are a bit dimmer and harder to see in bright daylight - a minor inconvenience considering I can still keep my almost 7 year old drone still flying.

Chris
Thank you I went ahead and looked at all of the other responses and purchased one, thanks for all of your help guys!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl