Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20

VPS is really important when you fly lower that 3m. If you have seen my video, i could fly at 30/40cm from the ground, going uphill it just keeps its distance.
Ok, good to know, I only thought it affects the positioning, not altitude.

Ok, good to know, I only thought it affects the positioning, not altitude.
VPS has 2 components,

Camera for visual positioning and the Sonar for accurate altitude ( more realiable than barometer and GPS for lower altitude. )

So did you, or did you not learn a lesson on the value in waiting to update the firmware in your P3?

It shocks me to no end to see those upgrading right from the get-go.

It is always best to wait at least 10-14 days as a wait and see. Btw, if you pay any attention to the national news each day, you have got to know if anything the firmware will most likely be less, as in more restricted then before. Good luck to all that take the plunge.

Last edited:
Reactions: tcope
So did you, or did you not learn a lesson on the value in waiting to update the firmware in your P3?

It is always best to wait at least 10-14 days as a wait and see. Btw, if you pay any attention to the national news each day, you have got to know if anything the firmware will most likely be less, as in more restricted then before. I do know there is no backward ability either. Good luck to all that take the plunge.
You can downgrade now.

It is always best to wait at least 10-14 days as a wait and see. Btw, if you pay any attention to the national news each day, you have got to know if anything the firmware will most likely be less, as in more restricted then before. I do know there is no backward ability either. Good luck to all that take the plunge.

Guess you missed where you can now down grade if needed. Well except the iOS app. I wonder if you made a backup and restored the phone/tablet, would it go back to the old version... hmmm

Last edited:

Someone is obviously sorely mistaken! There was never a system wide issue with any firmware. Only a small segment was affected.

There IS downgradability, and if everyone waits then no-one will ever know

If there is the ability to downgrade then I stand corrected and apologize for saying otherwise. I just got on here, can you help point me to where it says or shows we can step back?

If there is the ability to downgrade then I stand corrected and apologize for saying otherwise. I just got on here, can you help point me to where it says or shows we can step back?

Maybe starting at the beginning would be best, rather than jumping to attack others that DID!

It's funny how people still are like lemmings, one gets an error of some kind, rest 99% starts screaming. Yet still that 1% that dares to use their Phantoms are enjoying it fully.
It says so in the upgrade notes.

edit:
Let me copy paste it for you: "Notice:  The firmware can be downgraded to v1.1.9 or later only."

VPS i believe it is Fixed. Very good performance and no errors.

You all should upgrade to this firmware. If you dont like it, you can downgrade now for any version above 1.1.9.

In my opinion, this is the best firmware so far.

Did you have the VPS issue before... Mine was perfect before going to 1.2.6 and then I had to turn off the VPS to fly.

Reactions: Ari
My VPS was fine with 1.2.8. in advanced. I noticed a few glitches but nothing to be dramatic.
Now i did same tests as before and i noticed that is more solid and those glitches are gone. ( especialy going in high bushes, it would give some inconsistent mesures in hight and it would go up and down a bit. Now if fixes altitude very well, and no very big movements.

I never disabled my VPS.

Someone is obviously sorely mistaken! There was never a system wide issue with any firmware. Only a small segment was affected.

There IS downgradability, and if everyone waits then no-one will ever know

It is all theory until someone tests it by downgrading to 1.1.9 from 1.3.20.

Reactions: Stephan
I have testing for dji the past week and not on here. In a email this morning they said there was no way to "roll back the version". So, that lead me to being the fool earlier.

Looks like SDK was implemented on this version! It's finally back!

Reactions: III% Streve
There will always be someone that is just dead set that the entire world is broke because they are. Its got to be a lonely life!

In the end it does not really matter if someone here does not want to upgrade or fly their Phantoms. There is no reason not to upgrade or not to fly. Everyone makes their choices.

Correct. Hats off to the hard work of the beta testers and those selfless people who truly makes things better for others without fear of their personal losses. On that note I have downloaded and calibrated everything and am happy to report that its handling a lot better and camera is more level. Range seems improved and low level flight is def. more solid. Not sure yet as far as the app crashes or burden on the iPad etc. but will report back with updates. Thank God this guy hanging back wasn't on ANY of the front lines in the military or we would all be speaking with a Brittish accent now........

why make this a cultural or xenophobic issue?

I have updated several times out of necessity and finally my first P3 crashed, so to those that wait... why not... pretty wise decision... For those that feel the need to chastise others for waiting... why are you so offended, it is their choice. Let them have it...

Reactions: DMac

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4