Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20

Hi there,

I fly with a P3ADV but i'm using Android.
Can i Upgrade the bird and controler, But still use the very buggy 1.20 Android App until they release the 2.0 Anroid App ?

The 1.20 Android Ap is very Buggy for me becauee every thime i have the app that crashes and restarts automatically. Also sometimes i get Video Cache Buffer full error and of course the no signal bug.

Anyone an idea when they release the 2.00 Android App ?

Concerning third party apps i heard and red that a lot of them have problems with the 1.3.20 firmware (which include the SDK)

kind regards
Marnix

keep complaining they will listen

I been flying DJI Phantom for over 2 years . I have very good knowledge with DJI products along with racing drones . So DO NOT make a remark I do not know what I am doing PLEASE ! I never , yes never had a fly a way after this update and doing " ALL " the per flight and checking " All " my settings I started the motors ( sounded not normal ) I just blew it off to OK ... THIS THING TOOK OFF LIKE A BAT OUTTA HELL. It went so fast took me a seconded to find her on the map. I pushed return home , NOTHING return home several times ... FINALLY it started to come back I also held the down stick so would go no higher . I packed up , have not flown since. Tryed to get a hold of support help on chat for half hour . Finally got someone told what happen he asked what model I said professional . waited waited waited waited ( get the idea ) finally said in chat after a half hour no trping , he said " Hold On " after 45 minutes again nothing typed asked " You there ? " chat said send e mail .... NO OTHER COMMENT FOR DJI from me . I could care less if this thing fly's away now , Solo seems like a good try now , even goes out 2.5 miles . First time I need support and have this . I know its only 1300.00 but I have a lot of other equipment and accessories that go with this thing, so its a lot more. I have flight record , do not know how to post that. This scared the hell out of me 2 reasons I did not know if it would land and hurt someone or cause a crash . As far as the Phantom , it may go " BYE BYE "

I have more than one battery , is that mean i supposed to upgrade each battery ?!,?! And haw is that happened,
Yes...they recommend you leave the BIN file on your SD card and whenever you put in a new battery that hasn't been upgraded it will begin the process when you turn n the bird. Problem is that you really don't know when it's been completed.

Yes...they recommend you leave the BIN file on your SD card and whenever you put in a new battery that hasn't been upgraded it will begin the process when you turn n the bird. Problem is that you really don't know when it's been completed.

Actually, it's not "recommended"...it's "required". If you only have one battery, then, sure, go ahead and delete the BIN file once you've upgraded your P3 & battery...but, if you have multiple batteries, then, even though the P3's firmware has already been upgraded, the firmware for each battery needs to be upgraded, and, as such, the BIN file is needed to upgrade each battery. Once you've upgraded all batteries, then it's safe to delete the BIN file from the microSD card.

However, I do have a suggestion. While I have one card (64GB) for recording video/photos, I have a second card (16GB) for which its only purpose is being used for upgrading firmware. When inserted into the P3P or Tx, the only...and I do mean ONLY...file on the card is the firmware's BIN file. I do this so as to not confuse the P3P. I will admit that I am making an assumption in this, but I am possibly/probably correct - if the BIN file is left on the card, even after everything has been updated, each time you power-up your P3, it will attempt to upgrade the firmware (again), and discover that it's already been upgraded, thus delaying your ability to fly. This "delay" could be as little as 30 seconds, but, then again, it could be several minutes.

Does anyone know if my assumption is correct?

Reactions: jryser
Actually, it's not "recommended"...it's "required". If you only have one battery, then, sure, go ahead and delete the BIN file once you've upgraded your P3 & battery...but, if you have multiple batteries, then, even though the P3's firmware has already been upgraded, the firmware for each battery needs to be upgraded, and, as such, the BIN file is needed to upgrade each battery. Once you've upgraded all batteries, then it's safe to delete the BIN file from the microSD card.

However, I do have a suggestion. While I have one card (64GB) for recording video/photos, I have a second card (16GB) for which its only purpose is being used for upgrading firmware. When inserted into the P3P or Tx, the only...and I do mean ONLY...file on the card is the firmware's BIN file. I do this so as to not confuse the P3P. I will admit that I am making an assumption in this, but I am possibly/probably correct - if the BIN file is left on the card, even after everything has been updated, each time you power-up your P3, it will attempt to upgrade the firmware (again), and discover that it's already been upgraded, thus delaying your ability to fly. This "delay" could be as little as 30 seconds, but, then again, it could be several minutes.

Does anyone know if my assumption is correct?
That would seem logical...but I've seen a lot of illogical things happen lately! :)

That would seem logical...but I've seen a lot of illogical things happen lately! :)

I know exactly what you mean...Apple is "illogical", our current government (this is not a Republican, or Democrat, comment, but government in general) is "illogical", the whole "Ford vs Chevy" debate is "illogical"...I could go on..........LOL

During the phantom boot up it always checks for firmware update, so really not but a second delay. The file is not too big also. My concern is the program working correctly . I am not a 1500.00 test subject and then DJI not be there when you want to fly. I still have not flown since that day, well not true flown the racers , I always wait to take off when all is settled down during boot up and grabbing GPS. The 250 racers do not have GPS , fun to fly but have extra props . A lot of them ! Happy Flying , good luck on not loosing it. As all company's as they get bigger and grow reliably goes down hill. Just my thoughts but just like $$$hole , everyone has one. If your looking for a racer build , I build many of them , there good to take out with your Phantom to let things cool down after flights. I build Lumenier and Voodoo frames 250 models. There not hard to build . You do need steady hands and good eyes. Again Happy Flying.

Updated FW to 1.3.2 on the Phantom 3P, Controller and 3 batteries without any problems. Also updated my Android Tablet to DJI Go App v2.0.0 again no problems.
Test flew (2 batts) and everything was great. I used to have problems with the Tablet resetting, but no anymore. The P3P is more stable now. I am very pleased!

Reactions: MattM123
Hello Folks, this may help us all. I too have been flying the Ph2, Ph2V2 and 2+ the Inspire 1 and now the PH3Pro...

Started with the DJI P2V in 2012/2013... Built DJI F450 and F550.

With it comes to the PH2, 3s and Inspire.. FW can make or break you..

So here is something that could help that I discovered on my PH3 Pro after updating to
the Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20 last week from the 1.2.6...

All went well, PH, Batteries and RC. No issues. Took the PH3 out for the IMU and Compass cal and all was green with 17 satellites. The initial flight went well on battery 1, almost 19 min. I start low, hover make low 360 turns and figure 8s. Land and take off several times, make sure the RTM is good and the home point is correct.

All went well. Then into the second flight, the PH3 was jurking from side to side like someone was controlling the yaw and pitch. I landed and check everything and No errors. Tried additional test flights, got worse. Looks like the GPS was fighting with the compass or just not working at times. Again, no reported issues on the APP and i checked everything. Then after 6 flights that day, i grounded the PH3. Went back to my lab and down graded to the previous Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.2.6 and repeated my test flights as i did with Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20... Well I got that same results again. The interesting ting here was i was flying with Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.2.6 with no issues. It was only after i move to Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20 last week.

After going back and forth with these two FW updates. for some reason i suspected it maybe the gimbal tracking routine so i did a RESET in the Go app and the problem was resolved. Folks i don't know if this makes sense and have asked DJI if these is a correlation based on the problem vs. what i did to clear up the problem. Just you you all know, i did and and now running with Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20 and several flights since last week when i did the reset and i am a happy person. My P3Pro is back on line.

Conclusion for now, after any update, do a gimbal reset in your APP after IMU, Compass and i think things will get better. Please try this if you see the PH3 flying Erratic GPS behavior. Also note: I did fly in ATTI mode in fear the the PH3 woudl fly off and the PH3 in this mode was just fine. So i knew that the flight controller was trying to do something to compensate and i guesses it was the Gimbal..

Please keep us all posted on your success if you have this issue and try this reset method.

Best regards,
Steve...

Reactions: BleuCopter
Has any one had issues with not getting video signal back to your display screen, be in a phone or tablet, since they went to 1.3.2? I have been having issues to get it to connect since I updated. Also how do you roll back your firmware on your controller? Mine wont update to a new firmware if I try to roll it back.

Has any one had issues with not getting video signal back to your display screen, be in a phone or tablet, since they went to 1.3.2? I have been having issues to get it to connect since I updated. Also how do you roll back your firmware on your controller? Mine wont update to a new firmware if I try to roll it back.
I have seen the video display issue as well. I've noticed that when this happens, if I shut everything down, restart the app then start it all back up again. Its there.

I'll also add, that's the only thing I've noticed about this update...seems pretty solid otherwise.

First question I would ask is, have you installed the HDMI upgrade board? I ask because, yesterday, in another thread on this site (blanking on the thread's title, but it had to do with "what's the best tablet to use with Phantom 3"), I posted a (very long) post, essentially asking the same thing.

With my Android tablets & phone, everything functioned without problem. Having received the carbon-reinforced props, plus having just purchased an iPad Mini 2, I wanted to do a short test flight. Unfortunately, I was forced to fly blind, as the tablet wasn't receiving any data (including camera feed) from the transmitter.

To make a long story short, as I discovered about 30 minutes ago, the problem has nothing (or, maybe, close to nothing) to do with the firmware update. Yesterday morning, before heading out for my test flight, I wanted to test the HDMI output (I had purchased an HDMI type C to A adapter Wednesday). I connected everything, including my trusty Nexus 7 LTE, and, after turning on the "simultaneous HDMI output" option in the Go app, I had the camera image showing on both the tablet & TV. After performing a hard reset on the N7, I packed it up (it's having an unrelated Verizon LTE connectivity problem, and is being sent in for repair), and placed the iPad Mini in my P3 case. The problem...I forgot to turn off the "simultaneous HDMI output". As such, when I went to fly, the iPad & controller weren't talking to each other. The reason, I'm assuming, is that, when the HDMI is activated, instead of sending the info (data & camera image) directly through the USB, it first sends it through the HDMI, which then acts as a "pass-though", to the USB.

The point is, if you use both Android & iOS tablets, and have the HDMI upgrade board installed, if you're flying using the Android tablet, make certain to shut off "simultaneous HDMI output" before you shut everything down. Otherwise, if your next flight is using the iOS tablet, while you'll see the regular app buttons & info display, the transmitter won't be able to transmitted and data/video to the tablet.

Another new problem that's popped up...and, honestly, I don't know if this is something that was already happening, or whether this is something new, caused by the iOS app update (2.1.0), the firmware update (1.3.2.0), or a combination of the two...it's that the transmitter's USB port isn't supplying enough power (amps) to charge the iPad Mini 2. I find this disturbingly interesting, because it's had no problem charging my Galaxy S6, Asus ZenPad S 8.0, or Nexus 7 LTE. If it can charge all three of these, why isn't it able to charge the iPad Mini 2?

That happened to me once today on my iPad mini 2. Has happened a couple times before on earlier firmware. What worked for me each time was to unplug the FireWire cable from the tablet and plug it back in - no rebooting of anything. It connected immediately upon replugging the cable.

Everything stock. No HDMI board etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik