A new firmware update is now available for Phantom 3

How can i check the latest firmware of my rc? Thanks
In help-about in the app it will show you firmware version, although unclear if it is TX or bird that it shows.

Safest way is simply chuck the new firmware on, and see what the log file says, if it says already upgraded you're good to go.

Can a failed firmware update brick the bird?
Would it be safe to fly if said firmware update does fail?

edit: upgrade was a success, did all calibrations, no issues so far

Last edited:
This is my first post and thanks folks for this great forum.

I did P3P firmware update for main unit and RC. After that I did IMU, gimbal and compass cal. First 2 flights with new firmware not faced with any problem. Tested return to home as well. As already mentioned after update the old preferences (altitude to home, max altitude, minimum battery warning) are set to factory default, so check it before the flight. On my Android Sony Z2 I noticed a bit less lag time, hard to say how much because I have only 3 flights with previous firmware. I updated because I have DJI Pilot (version downloaded from DJI server) crash (freezing) with the previous firmware on my 2nd fligth so return to home saved my P3P.

I read in german http://www.kopterforum.de about issues after updating to latest version, after calibrating all (IMU, gimbal, compass, remote controller) and setting personal parameters (max height ...) with ALTITUDE HOLD: Phantom3 does not keep altitude. Anyone with similar problems after updating?

Anyone? Please? Limited timeframe here before I have to take her to fly... Please! Thanks in advance sorry for the annoying repost.
I used one without a problem. Mine is a multicard adaptor that plugs into the standard usb slot. I used the micro SD card to in the P3 to update the a/c and then put the card in the adaptor and plugged it into the usb port on the RC. All worked as it should.

with ALTITUDE HOLD: Phantom3 does not keep altitude. Anyone with similar problems after updating?

I just did 3rd flight and tested landing off function and altitude stability. In flight zone the wind was around 3m/s. The stability was +/- 20cm on any altitude from 1,2 to 100m. I have no idea if some particular 'altitude hold' function exist.

Same questions every firmware update....no one reads the instructions and relies on other peoples input on the forum...Take the time and read!!! "Has anyone noticed any changes while flying"?????? LOL Yea I am able to attach my dog to the drone and fly him across the field LOL. What can possibly be different or changed during flight that people will notice from the FW update? Guaranteed next firmware update people are going to ask the same questions and how to update FW.

I read in german http://www.kopterforum.de about issues after updating to latest version, after calibrating all (IMU, gimbal, compass, remote controller) and setting personal parameters (max height ...) with ALTITUDE HOLD: Phantom3 does not keep altitude. Anyone with similar problems after updating?

I my self and one or two others on RCG are having problems with VPS and altitude hold since the update. VPS is not working for me anymore and it's changing height by its self by a few meters.

Same questions every firmware update....no one reads the instructions and relies on other peoples input on the forum...Take the time and read!!! "Has anyone noticed any changes while flying"?????? LOL Yea I am able to attach my dog to the drone and fly him across the field LOL. What can possibly be different or changed during flight that people will notice from the FW update? Guaranteed next firmware update people are going to ask the same questions and how to update FW.

Welcome to 2015.
"Why find the answer for myself when I can just ask someone who did?"

I was emtertained a bit during this update by the strange camera gimbal dance it looked for a moment to have given up on life and then wam it took a shot of something and said hi allmost im back in this world lol

There are definitely things that can be changed in a firmware update that could effect the Phantom in flight. How the Phantom adjusts to input and wind are just two. There have been times where the firmware has helped make GPS lock more "stable" - The firmware is what drives the computer in the Phantom - I think it's a little naive to think that making changes to the brain of the Phantom can't change flight characteristics. It's just like in your car - there are firmware updates you can make to the computer of your car that change the cars performance. On the Phantom two I remember distinctly a firmware update that changed motor response and descent rate to help avoid VRS.

Reactions: mzgm
I have not done the update yet but for those that have I have a question.
I mainly take real estate photos and am interested if anyone can see a difference in the quality/sharpness of photos after the update.

One thing hasn't changed, the app still crashes on my Nexus 7 after about nine minutes. The only difference was that the app started up again immediately on retrying it and there was no sudden movement of the camera showing on the recorded video.

I just read the release notes for both the Professional and the Advanced and neither says anything about updating or not updating the RC firmware for the updates released today (v1.2.6 and v1.2.7). If you scroll down a page in the release notes to the v1.1.9 firmware dated 2015.5.22, they both (P3P and P3A) say it is not necessary to update the RC for that release. I'm wondering if someone got the info about not needing to update the P3A RC from the old release note for v1.1.9.
I am in no position to give any advise as I am a brand new flyer but my DJI Pilot app told me I needed to update the P3P, remote and camera. I just bought mine last week from a local dealer and they updated the firmware Thursday Flew it Friday all waas good. Monday I get the message to update. So I had the latest before the 1.2.6 came out.

Hi guys

Has this firmware helped anyone with android lag problems?

Thanks Jase

Just flew today on updated firmware..flew great but still samenlag problems...DJI PLEASE FIX THIS...I am still running kit Kat, haven't upgraded my Shield to lollipop yet, I will try this and see what happens...Flight wise it's perfect...video lag sucks!

Also...I couldn't get the map of the area I flew in to work in the DJI app, never had this problem before but I doubt this has anything to do with one another...I saved it for offline use but the map itself wouldn't come up

Last edited:
Just flew today on updated firmware..flew great but still samenlag problems...DJI PLEASE FIX THIS...I am still running kit Kat, haven't upgraded my Shield to lollipop yet, I will try this and see what happens...Flight wise it's perfect...video lag sucks!

Also...I couldn't get the map of the area I flew in to work in the DJI app, never had this problem before but I doubt this has anything to do with one another...I saved it for offline use but the map itself wouldn't come up

Turn off video cache. Turn frame rate to 30fps

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl