A new firmware update is now available for Phantom 3

Just flew 3 packs happy report no issues AT ALL, for now...

how was the video transmission? Did you get any lag in the video feed? Some are getting it and some aren't…I haven't had a chance to upgrade yet because I am working but I have the Nvidia Shield and was getting lag with 1.1.9…hoping this fixes the lag because I didn't have it with 1.1.8

I had no lag what so ever with my tests after the firmware upgrade. BUT I've researched this and I now feel 99.9% confident that it's the heat generated within the iPad. It's not the Phantom, Lightbridge, Controller or the Pilot App. After I started noticing it on my iPad mini 2 I posted about it. From the feedback I was given I tested. And they were right. Every time it's super hot out or I'm standing in hot direct sunlight etc. I get lag after about 8 minutes of flight time. (I felt the iPad and it was definitely, physically HOT.) Conversely every time I fly at dusk, when it's cloudy, not hot out or warm but with a good breeze... I experience ZERO lag for the full flight. (Again I felt the iPad and it was just comfortably warm.)

So not the answer I was looking for but I believe it is with the iPad and how heat is not it's friend. But fortunately it rules out something being wrong with the Phantom, Lightbridge, Controller or the Pilot App. So... Apple issue....not a DJI issue directly.

I had no lag what so ever with my tests after the firmware upgrade. BUT I've researched this and I now feel 99.9% confident that it's the heat generated within the iPad. It's not the Phantom, Lightbridge, Controller or the Pilot App. After I started noticing it on my iPad mini 2 I posted about it. From the feedback I was given I tested. And they were right. Every time it's super hot out or I'm standing in hot direct sunlight etc. I get lag after about 8 minutes of flight time. (I felt the iPad and it was definitely, physically HOT.) Conversely every time I fly at dusk, when it's cloudy, not hot out or warm but with a good breeze... I experience ZERO lag for the full flight. (Again I felt the iPad and it was just comfortably warm.)

So not the answer I was looking for but I believe it is with the iPad and how heat is not it's friend. But fortunately it rules out something being wrong with the Phantom, Lightbridge, Controller or the Pilot App. So... Apple issue....not a DJI issue directly.
However they can make the app less demanding as I can use my ipad in same heat with angry birds and no crash or extreme heat on ipad :confused:

However they can make the app less demanding as I can use my ipad in same heat with angry birds and no crash or extreme heat on ipad :confused:

Maybe. Hopefully. (I've also closed out of all apps running in the background to free up the processor and this made no difference at all.)

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Flew with new firmware. All seems good after having to recalibrate the IMU. I'll take it out again this afternoon for a longer, higher flight.

Did it tell you to recalibrate? Mine did not. Two long and excellent flights after new firmware.

If your P3 has the latest firmware it will ignore the .bin file on the sd. It'll just create another txt file that states no firmware update was needed. It will not re-update every time you power on. You will not have to wait several minutes on another update.

It its wise to keep the firmware on the root directory of your SD until you've cycled all your batteries. Then format the card erasing the firmware. With all the reports of battery failures, critical power loss, critical battery level even though your got 95% left - I would think it foolish to simply assume you don't need to worry about making sure the battery is up to date. I too wish DJI would clearly state what parts of the equipment the new firmware is necessity for and why. But....better safe than sorry.
I agree, and the PDF on updating also suggests you maintain the latest .bin on the SD card.

In the instructions for firmware update it states that "the flight battery is upgraded during the aircraft firmware upgrade process." I have multiple batteries. Will all batteries need to be inserted and firmware process completed with each battery in, or will each flight battery be updated as used if the bin file is on the root of the SD card?
This is the reason DJI suggests that you leave the latest .bin file on the card.

I flew this morning for the first time after upgrade. Actually I wanted to test new 3D-printed hood & gimbal guard, so only 20 minutes... No IMU calib (today's rather hot), no gimbal calib, only compass calibrated before take off (because Pilot app requires it today).
It's obvious that P3 became not to keep altitude. VPS seems not working (actually may working, because it could land safely), hovering height changed and changed - I left it then it goes from 2m high to near 5cm on ground. Never had before. I checked "GPS safe" on screen, switch is "P" mode, and VPS is on in the menu. Later I'll try VPS off -> on again, or fly without VPS (maybe my handmade gimbal guard had bad effect?).
Other significant change is , before upgrade my gimbal had a problem of leveling horizon; manually corrected but soon goes off level, but today (within 10 min of footage I shoot) everything was OK.
For me, upgrading was 1 win 1 lose. :)

Reactions: J.James
I flew this morning for the first time after upgrade. Actually I wanted to test new 3D-printed hood & gimbal guard, so only 20 minutes... No IMU calib (today's rather hot), no gimbal calib, only compass calibrated before take off (because Pilot app requires it today).
It's obvious that P3 became not to keep altitude. VPS seems not working (actually may working, because it could land safely), hovering height changed and changed - I left it then it goes from 2m high to near 5cm on ground. Never had before. I checked "GPS safe" on screen, switch is "P" mode, and VPS is on in the menu. Later I'll try VPS off -> on again, or fly without VPS (maybe my handmade gimbal guard had bad effect?).
Other significant change is , before upgrade my gimbal had a problem of leveling horizon; manually corrected but soon goes off level, but today (within 10 min of footage I shoot) everything was OK.
For me, upgrading was 1 win 1 lose. :)

Dji looking for your data on the vps thingy

[email protected]

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=21668&page=1#pid152097

OK, I'll contact them, thanks.

However, later I found today I did 5 flights but only first 2 flight data is remaining... I've found the DJI app is hung up after 5th flight, but control was perfect on RC, so I landed and rebooted the app. Good news is, the VPS error was obvious on 1st flight, and the log, video and screen play on NVIDIA Shield are all remaining.
The app issue is off topic here, however it may be related to the upgrade (hmm... but Android app is not upgraded...?)

A new firmware update is now available for Phantom 3, v1.2.6 for Phantom 3 Professional, v1.2.7 for Phantom 3 Advanced. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/downloadto download and update your Phantom 3.

Overview:

1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to v1.2.6 for Phantom 3 Professional and v1.2.7 for Phantom 3 Advanced.

Major Updates:

1. Anti-distortion feature added for images and non-4K videos.

2. Various bug fixes.
Can I apply this update without removing the micro SD card from the P3P?

Crap! DJI left for the weekend. No VPS fix firmware. Lol
I was told by DJI online help and from a local shop that set mine up that I do not need to do the 1.2.6 update but to just wait for the next one. I also sent an e-mail to DJI about the same topic. Have not heard from them yey. The guy at the local shop is a beta tester I believe. He talks about writing codes for months . I sure am no expert

I was told by DJI online help and from a local shop that set mine up that I do not need to do the 1.2.6 update but to just wait for the next one. I also sent an e-mail to DJI about the same topic. Have not heard from them yey. The guy at the local shop is a beta tester I believe. He talks about writing codes for months . I sure am no expert
Welcome to the Forum Pops! No-- better not to do the 1.2.6 -- there is a lot of bad press about it in this forum.:):)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20