P3 Firmware Phantom 3 Professional Bug

Reaction score
HOW DO YOU DOWNGRADE FROM 1.11.20?? My Phantom 3 Pro has a battery error even on new batteries for no reason and won't take off. It might be firmware so from 1.11.20 I tried to downgrade to 1.11.10 and it failed.. then 1.10.9 and that failed so I tried to upgrade from 1.11.30 and it failed midway and I am stuck with a 1.11.20+... please help.

Are you using a fan during your firmware change? The 3Pro will overheat during the process. Will stop the update and damage the camera. Did you look for other causes for battery error, like damaged contacts or dirt?

Reactions: Oso
I agree with @Capt KO on all points. There’s a chance that some damage has been done by doing repeated FW update attempts without using a small external fan blowing on your AC. There could even be issues caused by simply not using your P3 for a length of time. It might be helpful to post your LOG_AB file.

Also as Cap said, since you noted this issues happens with multiple batteries I would for sure check the battery compartment for any obvious issues with the contacts. Especially the 4 small spring loaded data transfer contacts which are sometimes detached or not installed correctly when people open or replace the shell.

Last edited:
Are you using a fan during your firmware change? The 3Pro will overheat during the process. Will stop the update and damage the camera. Did you look for other causes for battery error, like damaged contacts or dirt?
Uhhh no actually maybe I can try putting a fan and yep! The batteries are new and on the drone, the contacts seem fine and straight.

I agree with @Capt KO on all points. There’s a chance that some damage has been done by doing repeated FW update attempts without using a small external fan blowing on your AC. There could even be issues caused by simply not using your P3 for a length of time. It might be helpful to post your LOG_AB file.

Also as Cap said, since you noted this issues happens with multiple batteries I would for sure check the battery compartment for any obvious issues with the contacts. Especially the 4 small spring loaded data transfer contacts which are sometimes detached or not installed correctly when people open or replace the shell.
Oh I tried plugging my drone into my PC for the flight log and I don't know how to convert it to whatever.. Do you mean the results? Also the visible 4 pins seem fine.. should I open the shell and see?

I just tried with a fan and it stayed cool but still failed. 1.11.20+ won't upgrade to 1.11.30.. still aborts.

Oh I tried plugging my drone into my PC for the flight log and I don't know how to convert it to whatever.. Do you mean the results? Also the visible 4 pins seem fine.. should I open the shell and see?
Follow the link in my last post to see how to get your LOG_AB file.

If the pins seem okay (attached and connected) I would say no, do not open the shell yet.

I just tried with a fan and it stayed cool but still failed. 1.11.20+ won't upgrade to 1.11.30.. still aborts.
Once the gimbal top (main) board is damaged from overheating, it won’t then work again by using a fan after the fact. Still continue to use the fan whenever you have the AC powered up as you troubleshoot. Once we see the LOG_AB, we will be able to tell if there are bad modules.

Are you able to see live video from the AC’s camera on your mobile device?

Here are the results and the log.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 154
  • P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    70 KB · Views: 156
Once the gimbal top (main) board is damaged from overheating, it won’t then work again by using a fan after the fact. Still continue to use the fan whenever you have the AC powered up as you troubleshoot. Once we see the LOG_AB, we will be able to tell if there are bad modules.

Are you able to see live video from the AC’s camera on your mobile device?
Sorry I didn't answer the last question. Yep! The camera feed is perfect. The only thing is the battery signal error preventing take off.

Reactions: Oso
I don’t see the common things we see in a LOG_AB when there is a major issue in the gimbal top (main) board. For example, modules 8 and 15 show good for you and those two are a common trouble area that can often show “device not detected.” They show okay for you, so that combined with your good live video tells me that there has not been any overheating damage or lost NAND programming due to non use. That’s a good thing.

Modules 11 show as not detected for you, which indicates to me that it is not seeing data from your batteries. The AC powers up, so the power contacts are working. I’m still suspicious of the small spring loaded contacts.

Is the battery fully inserted? Is it an OEM battery or third party?

I don’t see the common things we see in a LOG_AB when there is a major issue in the gimbal top (main) board. For example, modules 8 and 15 show good for you and those two are a common trouble area that can often show “device not detected.” They show okay for you, so that combined with your good live video tells me that there has not been any overheating damage or lost NAND programming due to non use. That’s a good thing.

Modules 11 show as not detected for you, which indicates to me that it is not seeing data from your batteries. The AC powers up, so the power contacts are working. I’m still suspicious of the small spring loaded contacts.

Is the battery fully inserted? Is it an OEM battery or third party?
The battery is fully inserted and I 2/4 of my batteries are OEM DJI batteries and none work... Will new third party be a problem too? I see people using them...
I also haven't tried using another device yet.. I used a Samsung Galaxy S10+ since. The contact pins seem fine but I also haven't tried wiping it with isopropyl alcohol... Should I do that?

HOW DO YOU DOWNGRADE FROM 1.11.20?? My Phantom 3 Pro has a battery error even on new batteries for no reason and won't take off. It might be firmware so from 1.11.20 I tried to downgrade to 1.11.10 and it failed.. then 1.10.9 and that failed so I tried to upgrade from 1.11.30 and it failed midway and I am stuck with a 1.11.20+... please help.
I have included a link to the bins I have used to downgrade firmware. Currently I use 1.11.20+ on one drone and just 1.11.20 on another. I downgraded because had ESC error and then upgraded to current bins. I did use a fan to keep camera cool, make sure you let the update run for 25-30 minutes to complete or else will fail the update.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl