Phantom 3 pro what can i do to fix this before i commit harrykarri?

Reaction score
So i'm struggling to fix the camera feed on my P3P... have posted a few times but i'm real close to giving up now.
I've tried to buy a good used gimbal main board, that turned out to be faulty and i got a refund..

The fault in a nutshell is this...
I get no camera feed, cant take pics or video, doesn't see SD card (reads as 0mb) and camera options in the app are grayed out.

I've spent hours on this now and i'm not really any further forward, do i try and buy another gimbal main board? could it be the camera itself?
Is it worth sending to Dji ? or do i just bin a perfectly good flying drone and walk away from Dji with tears in my eyes

can anyone on here confirm a new gimbal board will fix this, and if so any ideas on where i could source.

If you are in the US, it may be wise to send it to DDS in Hillside NJ. (DJI Drone Service) Free shipping each way. They will troubleshoot your issues and give you a repair estimate that you can accept or decline. If you decline they will send the bird back to you......free shipping return too.

Since you have exhausted your options and efforts, if it were me I'd start a ticket with DDS.

Just my .02 Hope you get back in the air soon, with all components operational. [emoji106]

that would be really cool, but unfortunately I’m in Spain and no such service here

Yeah, that is unfortunate. The DDS guys are on this forum quite a bit. Maybe you could PM them for information on your issues? They were in the thread "Shell Replacement" earlier. Look for D D S (with spaces between the letters). That's them.

Good luck . [emoji2]

So i'm struggling to fix the camera feed on my P3P... have posted a few times but i'm real close to giving up now.
I've tried to buy a good used gimbal main board, that turned out to be faulty and i got a refund..

The fault in a nutshell is this...
I get no camera feed, cant take pics or video, doesn't see SD card (reads as 0mb) and camera options in the app are grayed out.

I've spent hours on this now and i'm not really any further forward, do i try and buy another gimbal main board? could it be the camera itself?
Is it worth sending to Dji ? or do i just bin a perfectly good flying drone and walk away from Dji with tears in my eyes

can anyone on here confirm a new gimbal board will fix this, and if so any ideas on where i could source.
I had the same problem with my Phantom 3 Professional. I took the memory chip out, put it in my computer and formatted it. When I put it back in the bird my problem cleared up. I had formatted the chip while in the bird many times but that did not fix the problem. Don't do a "QUICK FORMAT" do a "FULL FORMAT" of the chip.

I bet he has tried that. ;)
But try them all NTFS, FAT32, and exFAT.

I would think in the norm of a working system, he would get a picture with out a SD card.

Since of multiple threads.
@Bazzo, are you getting Telemetry?

Rod

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Reactions: KachemakDiver
@Bazzo,
I think we found some good information. We don't know if it helped or your still frustrated. Unless you tell us.
I have been there!!

Rod

Reactions: JoBe
I have know idea if this helps, but maybe @quaddamage will post if he has any ideas. :)

The steps to take are always the same. This is why I made the diagnosis diagram for "no FPV".

@Bazzo seem to have an issue with Ambarella chip. Either:
- that chip can't boot
- it can boot, but then restarts constantly
- it can boot and works ok, but cannot communicate with OFDM board

Steps to take:
- Try starting it w/o sd-card - sometimes the card is incompatible or its slot gets damaged
- Take note of the diode blinking pattern on the gimbal; if the diode ends with a solid color, it probably boots; it it blinks in a repeating pattern, then Ambarella crashes and re-starts continuosly
- Make sure the cable which connects gimbal to OFDM is firmly inserted and contacts are fine

For further steps - check the diagram I made.

@Bazzo, did you give up?
Sorry if I was the cause.

Rod

Reactions: JoBe
It would be nice to know if Bazzo has had a successful outcome. Or not. Hope no harrikarri was committed as the solution.
There was lots of good people involved in this issue [emoji106]

Yes, these things can be frustrating at times. Maybe Bazzo is trying to regroup his thoughts, or exploring other options.

Hopefully he will update us when he's solved his issues.

Reactions: JoBe and RodPad
Still no further forward guys....
just wondering if its worth buying a new gimbal board... But if i fif and tht didnt sort it then harrikari would defo be on the cards lol

And to make matters worse, i bought a used phantom 4 out of frustration.. slight cosmentic damage but flying ok.. i got it for nothing really, replaced the shell which is all it needed, then did a stupid thing and put the screws into all 4 motors and frivkin did them all... so 4 new motors on the way. got all 4 saying esc error.
Im pretty good at soldering so im sure thats not the issue... but i did screw the screws in tight only through 1 cover... what a plum !!!!

Reactions: RodPad
So that's why you disappeared, we were getting worried.
P4 that sucks, sounds like your the same as me, sometimes you ask your self, why I'm a doing this?

The big one was when somebody removed there prop guards on P2's and P3's the screws were longer.

Have you looked at the posts since you been gone?

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic