Phantom 3 Pro tried to run away from home.

Hi again.

I remember using the sticks after it moved behind me on the RTH trying to get it back to me.

It kept moving away from me and am sure that I cancelled RTH.

However, one thing that I recall that may have caused this issue is when I cancelled RTH, I went to flip the switch to Atti mode to fly it back manually. But realised that the switch was in F Mode all the time I was flying. Not sure if that was the cause.
The .txt doesn't show RTH being cancelled until the end of the flight.

Also, the switch from GO_HOME to GPS_ATTI was at 93.71 secs and the P-A-F switch wasn't moved from F to A to P until 104 secs.

Possibly compass is out of calibration. I sent mine on a mission and it went 45 degrees the wrong direction. I could see it was trying to go right way but couldn't and started flying away. I manually took over and landed it. did a re-calibration and it flew mission fine.

RTH is an mission and with bad compass calibration it could send it the wrong direction.

As a rule I just don't put complete faith in the automated functions that DJI offers. I would only use RTH in an emergency situation, say if you completely lost the location of your drone and the map on your app doesn't help you for some reason. I fly with a couple of people who do use it regularly just because it's easier than guiding it back by sight and using the map information. I have a feeling one day their aircraft won't return, just a gut feeling. I used it a couple of times early on but as soon as the aircraft got closer I cancelled RTH and brought it home.

I calibrated the compass on Saturday and flew it around for one battery. All went fine with teh flight, but I have not tried RTH again as yet.

Thank you all again for your help and input.

I calibrated the compass on Saturday and flew it around for one battery. All went fine with teh flight, but I have not tried RTH again as yet.

Thank you all again for your help and input.
fly where you can see it and do RTH and be ready to kill it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT