Phantom 3 pro or advanced camera.. “ I kinda made a mistake”!!!

Correct. There are 5 different P3 models and 3 of the models have 4K. The P3P and P3A do have swappable gimbal/cameras.
We frequently get people asking about and also sadly trying to install incompatible cameras on all models. Sometimes with smoke and other less than optimal results.
Thanks. So the next question is, are there identifiers on the gimbal/camera that differentiate them? Looking for used gimbal and camera parts on places like eBay its clear that sellers are as clueless about all of the various models and compatibilities as I am (was?)

Thanks. So the next question is, are there identifiers on the gimbal/camera that differentiate them? Looking for used gimbal and camera parts on places like eBay its clear that sellers are as clueless about all of the various models and compatibilities as I am (was?)
The labels are one example of something to look for when deciding. Of course, the labels are probably not too difficult to swap for a nefarious seller. Here are a few examples.

P3P v P34k connections.jpg

P3A gimbal label.JPG

Reactions: JoBe
If I remember correctly, a difference between a P3 SE and a P3 4K, is one has 4K printed on the side of the camera housing and the other one has nothing printed on it.

Reactions: JoBe
So far all the repliews have been very helpful. Thanks. I have replaced my gimbal ribbon cable and have partial operation. it gimbals in the yaw and pitch directions and I have video... sweet... But it has roll issues.

Which brings me to my next identification question...

Looking at gimbal ESC boards, there appear to be listings on places like eBay for 2 types fitting 4 models... One fits STA/SE models, the other fits ADV/Pro models... so where does that leave 4K model? (I clearly own an orphan :) )

Looking at the pictures (which are ALWAYS accurate on eBay... NOT...) the two look different... and mine of course looks like neither of them.

And while I am asking, has anyone ever tested a gimbal motor out of the gimbal using maybe an ESC and a speed controller of some form? A typical brishless motor has 3 wires.. the DJI gimbal motor seems to have 3 thick wires and a bunch of thin wires going into the ESC board via its ribbon cable. Any pointers to wiring would be lovely.

TIA

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl