Phantom 3 Pro, ESC part 96? with Older 2312 Motors

Reaction score
Hi (from Sweden, so please excuse all my spelling misstakes)

I have a Phantom 3 Pro with a damage mainboard.
Everything works exept that tiny tiny tiny problem, that it wont lift off.
It´s showing this ESC failure message, so i must come to the conclusion that it´s broken.:(
The drone has never before had any part replaced, so it´s 100% original.
Anyway, i took the drone apart to be able to order the right spare-part. The motors is the old ones, so i was expecting to order the mainboard part 33, but.....i´m not sure what to think, one thing is telling me that this is a new version of the board (part 96). The silver metallic box whith the number "100" printed on the top. (in one of the red boxes)
BUT.....when you look in the other red box, there´s 3 small parts (dont know what they are called) that you should only find on the old boards (part 33).
So, mayby you can explain to me what part i should order.:)
P3c.PNG

Reactions: Photomaton
It Does look like your motors are 2312 (NOT 2312A). DO NOT Order 2312A's as they will certainly fry your board. Considering you stated that you get ESC Status error, check every motor for broken coils, wires etc.
I broke mine Saturday and fixed them last night, that was my issue. all else fails you'd have to replace your main board, which go for like 130-150
*Edited*
Also, Do your Motors spin and do the burst?

Hello
The motors doesn't move at all. I agree , they are 2312 (the old ones) . I'm prepared to buy a new mainboard. Still, dont know wich modell to get.

Try pulling the SD card from the mainboard (bottom side) and wiping it. They reinstalling the firmware. I think I read that someone did this and it fixed the ESC issue.
An ESC issue is not always a hardware problem as Multicopterec stated. It could be that the firmware's tolerances are just to sensitive and it thinks that one of the motors is out of specification.
Did this issue start after a firmware update?

Try pulling the SD card from the mainboard (bottom side) and wiping it. They reinstalling the firmware. I think I read that someone did this and it fixed the ESC issue.
An ESC issue is not always a hardware problem as Multicopterec stated. It could be that the firmware's tolerances are just to sensitive and it thinks that one of the motors is out of specification.
Did this issue start after a firmware update?
What i forgott to mention is the fact that i had a major crash, it all ended up with the drone uppside down with all the propellers spinning agains the gras (untill it finally stopped after a few seconds). Manything got dammage during the inpact from 40 feet, ( Camera, gimbal, all of the propellers, the plastic body) :(
The camera, gimbal and the body is already fixed.
The drone does the start-up sequence, (and the camera), giving me the green light (ready to go with GPS). But it won´t take off!
So, all of the motors looks ok and they spinns (by hand) without any noice or resistance.
When i look at the main board, i can´t find any trace of that it have been burnt or somthing similar.
So i still have two big questions:
1. Is there a way to test the motors?
2. What kind of main board do i have? (if i have to change it)

pg203 said:
there´s 3 small parts (dont know what they are called)
They are called capacitors. These are quite large SMD ceramic caps, probably have more than 1uF each.

Look at my post here:
Professional - ESC status error

The largest database for ESC board identification, which I know of, is here:
P3X ESC center board · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools Wiki · GitHub

What i forgott to mention is the fact that i had a major crash, it all ended up with the drone uppside down with all the propellers spinning agains the gras (untill it finally stopped after a few seconds). Manything got dammage during the inpact from 40 feet, ( Camera, gimbal, all of the propellers, the plastic body) :(
The camera, gimbal and the body is already fixed.
The drone does the start-up sequence, (and the camera), giving me the green light (ready to go with GPS). But it won´t take off!
So, all of the motors looks ok and they spinns (by hand) without any noice or resistance.
When i look at the main board, i can´t find any trace of that it have been burnt or somthing similar.
So i still have two big questions:
Yeah you did leave that little part out. I would say that you could have messed up the ESC circuitry on the board. But most ESCs have an overload protection.
At this point t it could be a motor or the main board. I would go the cheaper route and try the motors first.

Yeah you did leave that little part out. I would say that you could have messed up the ESC circuitry on the board. But most ESCs have an overload protection.
At this point t it could be a motor or the main board. I would go the cheaper route and try the motors first.
I'll try to look further in to the "motor alternative".
Tnx for your input [emoji4]

I'll try to look further in to the "motor alternative".
Tnx for your input [emoji4]
Stick with DJI motors. They are cheap and you won't have any issues matching them with the mainboard.

@pg203 you obviously have the old ESC main board (part 33) due to the existance of those 3 inline capacitors. More, your old motors 2312 indicate too they are connected to the old ESC board. The 2312A motors work well just with the new ESC (part 96).
I cannot see on your picture what label has your ESC board. It should be printed 044 XA where X is any letter, while A is indicating the old ESC board.

If you had a crash and now motors won't start, it might be due to a non-functioning compass. It's mandatory to have a valid compass, in order to see motors starting. Following the crash, in the Sensors menu, what number is showing the compass mod ? Normally this figure should be in the span of 1400-1600.

Reactions: Photomaton
@pg203 you obviously have the old ESC main board (part 33) due to the existance of those 3 inline capacitors. More, your old motors 2312 indicate too they are connected to the old ESC board. The 2312A motors work well just with the new ESC (part 96).
I cannot see on your picture what label has your ESC board. It should be printed 044 XA where X is any letter, while A is indicating the old ESC board.

If you had a crash and now motors won't start, it might be due to a non-functioning compass. It's mandatory to have a valid compass, in order to see motors starting. Following the crash, in the Sensors menu, what number is showing the compass mod ? Normally this figure should be in the span of 1400-1600.
You can remove the compass and the Phantom will still fly. You will just get compass errors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers