Phantom 3 Pro Crashed- Help!

Reaction score
Can anyone here help with advice!
I had a prop come loose and my drone crashed from about 100m up. It fell onto relatively soft ground the body looks OK but the camera and gimbal smashed (couldnt find the camera). When I start the drone up it beeps loudly but connects to the controller. The controller reported a gimbal tilt error (no surpise there!) Is there anyway I can disable or remove the camera to see if the drone still works/flys? I dont want to replace the camera and gimbal only to find the drone is broken...

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

thanks

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Yes, you can disconnect two ribbon cables and remove the camera. Drone will fly, only will turn off longer.

Reactions: JoBe
When a P3 crashes, sometimes connectors on the ESC board inside break off or come loose. Most of the time you need a new ESC board or a replacement P3. First I would remove the camera gimbal and see if it flies. If it does then I would find a replacement camera. Where are you located? If you are near me I can help you. I am near Rochester, NY

Yes, you can disconnect two ribbon cables and remove the camera. Drone will fly, only will turn off longer.
Ok thanks for your reponse, I removed gimbal and disconnected ribbons, I no longer get the error but drone still beeps

Reactions: JoBe
I would say there is damage to the ESC board inside the drone. I would pop it open and do a visual inspection.

When a P3 crashes, sometimes connectors on the ESC board inside break off or come loose. Most of the time you need a new ESC board or a replacement P3. First I would remove the camera gimbal and see if it flies. If it does then I would find a replacement camera. Where are you located? If you are near me I can help you. I am near Rochester, NY
Thanks that's good of you but I am in South Africa, it fell from 100m up so I am not holding out too much hope! removed the gimbal and connectors but although the drone connects to the controller it is still beeping loudly

it fell from 100m up so I am not holding out too much hope! removed the gimbal and connectors but although the drone connects to the controller it is still beeping loudly

Wow, I'm surprised it is still beeping.
There are probably some still working components, but the parts you'll need to fix it will probably cost as much as a new drone.

If you still want to fix it, do a visual inspection as @Ted4797 suggested.
When you fix any clearly ripped off parts, you can connect the drone to a PC and download logs to figure out what is still damaged.

Hi I have opened the drone up, see photo, seems in pretty good condition considering...

Attachments

• inside drone.jpg
    976.1 KB · Views: 460
I don't see anything that would cause the beeping. Look carefully at the solder connections around the processor in the center.

If I were you I would seriously think about replacing that bird with at least a P4 Standard they are pretty reasonable now. You can use the same remote but will need a drone with camera and new batteries. If you fly for fun think about the Mavic. It is easier to carry around and takes reasonable videos.

If I were you I would seriously think about replacing that bird

Yup, if you can't examine the drone by yourself, you should probably skip the attempts of fixing.

If you still want to go on with it - if there are no visual issues, connect the drone to PC via USB and download the DAT flight logs.

Reactions: Droneted
Hi I have opened the drone up, see photo, seems in pretty good condition considering...
did it fall into water? i see signs of water damage such as around the vcc connection and some other componants. im not a electronics guy like the guys who posted before. im just looking and guessing so dont put to much wait into my feedback on this one.

Mine had the entire ESC board drop out from a crash. I soldered it back on and wrapped wire around the main PCB to connect lines where the pads were ripped off: Crash Repair (Ongoing)

Yours is amazingly intact (based on the photo) given a crash.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic