P3 Firmware Phantom 3 Pro beeping (DD-DD)

Reaction score
I have downloaded P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin from DJI's phantom 3 pro downloads website and plugged it in to my Phantom 3 Professional (following this guide from phantomhelp)
if i plug in a new microsd card with nothing on it the gimbal status light is green but the RC (GL300A) would not connect to the DJI GO app (not showing the camera view button)
Troubleshooting that i tried:
1. Reset the controller (C1-C2-Photo Triggers)
2. Installing the firmware using a different micro sd card

Removed the microsd card the AC is beeping (DD-DD)
Inserted an empty microsd card the AC is still beeping (DD-DD)
Inserted the microsd card with firmware P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin beeps (DD-DD) slowly and 10 secs in it beeps (D-D-D-D) fast like a bomb from Counter Strike then 30 secs more it beeps steadily DDDDDD and to stop it you need to turn it off.
Back lights are flashing Green Yellow Red fast GYR-GYR-GYR-GYR
Front Lights are steady Red

Log files are attached if you are interested.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 256
UPDATE: Removed the bin update file from the microsd card and the AC turns on after 5 seconds the camera gimbal status light will turn from green to red and the AC will beep DDDD until i turn off the AC.

UPDATE: Removed the bin update file from the microsd card and the AC turns on after 5 seconds the camera gimbal status light will turn from green to red and the AC will beep DDDD until i turn off the AC.
Have you tried re-linking the AC and RC?

Have you tried re-linking the AC and RC?
I tried firmware updating again with 5 microsd cards, different brands and classes (still fails to update ticks like a bomb then just beeps DDDD until i turn it off.)
Log file outputs the same old remo-con disconnect error followed by Corrupted Bin File error.

For now when i turn it on with a blank micro sd card it beeps (DD-DD) again but the gimbal status light is steady green
Back lights are flashing GYR (Green Yellow Red) strobe pattern.

Give us LOG_AB, the RESULT_AB you shared is quite useless.
It doesn't give me any LOG_AB or creates a misc folder
Note that i can't connect to the RC/AC using DJI GO
Model Number of the RC is GL200A GL300A

Last edited:
It doesn't give me any LOG_AB or creates a misc folder
Pity. Then we can't really help. But also: it's not possible.

Model Number of the RC is GL200A
This is not Ph3 RC model number, it's Mavic.

My advice is you should sell the drone. Someone with technical skills might be able to fix it. Camera is probably fully functional, and that's the part many people need.

Replacing the ESC Center Board will likely make it work, in case the buyer won't have enough skill to properly diagnose it.

Pity. Then we can't really help. But also: it's not possible.

This is not Ph3 RC model number, it's Mavic.

My advice is you should sell the drone. Someone with technical skills might be able to fix it. Camera is probably fully functional, and that's the part many people need.

Replacing the ESC Center Board will likely make it work, in case the buyer won't have enough skill to properly diagnose it.
The original post clearly identified the controller as the GL300A which is an early, and sought after, controller due to it's enhanced power. If it is the GL200A, it's probably never going to work.

If it is the GL200A, it's probably never going to work.
According to O-Gs wiki, Lightbridge is a modified Wimax, while Occusync is a modified LTE.
These _definitely_ won't work together.

The OP probably just made a typo. But if someone doesn't read-proof his posts, I consider it lack of respect to the audience.

According to O-Gs wiki, Lightbridge is a modified Wimax, while Occusync is a modified LTE.
These _definitely_ won't work together.

The OP probably just made a typo. But if someone doesn't read-proof his posts, I consider it lack of respect to the audience.
My apologies for the typo since i was recalling the model number from my mind..
I meant GL300A for those of you still interested.

Forgive me if you've already tried this and I missed it, but be sure the cable between the AC and RC is capable of data transfer. Some are good for power only (charging) and will not transfer data.

Forgive me if you've already tried this and I missed it, but be sure the cable between the AC and RC is capable of data transfer. Some are good for power only (charging) and will not transfer data.
Im using a USB-C cable from JBL (speaker company) capable of data transferring between my phone and pc.
On my phone USB Debugging is turned on and it charges the phone when connected to the RC via the USB-C cable from JBL. (Also tried turning off USB Debugging still the same)

The RC is already linked to the AC but the RC blinks red when the AC is not beeping but green if the AC is beeping.
so every DD-DD the RC status light turns green then red again i was thinking it is due to the DJI GO app not connected..

Im using a USB-C cable from JBL (speaker company) capable of data transferring between my phone and pc.
On my phone USB Debugging is turned on and it charges the phone when connected to the RC via the USB-C cable from JBL. (Also tried turning off USB Debugging still the same)

The RC is already linked to the AC but the RC blinks red when the AC is not beeping but green if the AC is beeping.
so every DD-DD the RC status light turns green then red again i was thinking it is due to the DJI GO app not connected..
The GO app is not even required to fly. You could fly without it if you wanted to. Let's see if the lights are telling us anything:

Back lights are flashing GYR (Green Yellow Red) strobe pattern. - This sounds like turning on and the self diagnostic testing
Solid Red - critical error

Controller is disconnected when that light is red.

You clearly have an update that went south. Did it fly before attempting the update? If so, do you know what firmware it was on?

I have no experience updating the P3P (only the P3S) but have heard you need to update in the order in which the update was released. If you skip a version, the update will probably fail.

I do not know what firmware it was on since i got it from my uncle (i have experience with the Mavic Air but phantoms, no.)
I tried arming it without the dji go app and doesn't work.
Still beeping DD-DD
Tried taking a photo or video not working.

Does DJI do repairs for the P3P even if the warranty is expired?

Last edited:
Either it was no good from the seller or there is a missing link or two in the upgrade. I've heard of people trying to roll back the firmware. I don't know if that's actually been done.

You could send it in to DJI. They perform repairs regardless of warranty.

Just curious, did it fly before the upgrade? Or did you buy it sight unseen?

Either it was no good from the seller or there is a missing link or two in the upgrade. I've heard of people trying to roll back the firmware. I don't know if that's actually been done.

You could send it in to DJI. They perform repairs regardless of warranty.

Just curious, did it fly before the upgrade? Or did you buy it sight unseen?
Ill trying rolling back the firmware in all versions if it still doesn't work ill send it to DJI and hopefully they'll repair it for about 300$ below LOL

This P3P was from my uncle (given to me because it's broken). He always used this drone until it eventually broke and bought a mavic air

And do you know any software that will help me repair this easily instead of downloading all firmware versions then trying to update it one by one?

Ill trying rolling back the firmware in all versions if it still doesn't work ill send it to DJI and hopefully they'll repair it for about 300$ below LOL

This P3P was from my uncle (given to me because it's broken). He always used this drone until it eventually broke and bought a mavic air

And do you know any software that will help me repair this easily instead of downloading all firmware versions then trying to update it one by one?
If it didn't work when it was given to you, and you don't know why it didn't work in the first place, I wouldn't spend any more time trying to fix it yourself. Ship it off to DJI and let them diagnose it. Start the process at the DJI site. Try not to send them the controller as the GL200A is known for higher output. DJI cut the power back with the release of later models.

According to the P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt file the firmware file is corrupted, download it again and try upgrading the AC again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:01:02 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin
Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.

According to the P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt file the firmware file is corrupted, download it again and try upgrading the AC again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:01:02 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin
Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.
I know he tried different cards but it's not clear whether or not he continued to use the same file or download fresh copies onto each card. Worth a try!

I know he tried different cards but it's not clear whether or not he continued to use the same file or download fresh copies onto each card. Worth a try!
i downloaded different firmware versions but still end up with the same "remo-con disconnect and firmware bin file is corrupted"
still trying to update it.

Status Update:
Tried P3X_FW_V01.01.0008.bin downloaded from DankDroneDownloader (cs2000/DankDroneDownloader)
but still failed.
Then Removed the microsd then formatted and inserted back again.
Turned on the AC, RC and IPad Air 2 but can't enter camera view on the DJI GO app (tried reinstalling the app.)
RC is now steady green instead of blinking red and green when the AC beeps (dd-dd)
AC is still beeping DD-DD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.