Phantom 3 pro app disconnected

Reaction score
Hi after getting my old trusty p3p out of hibernation it isnt seeming so trusty anymore. I am getting this app disconnected message on both ipad air 2 and galaxy s9.
The motors start and i am able to work the gimbal but no video feed? Any help would be great thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200328-091958_DJI GO.jpg
    Screenshot_20200328-091958_DJI GO.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 240
Sound to me like the USB board on the remote controller is faulty. For whatever reason, it happens. What model of remote do you have? GL300A’s was common for this to happen after long periods of inactivity.
Have you tried a different data cable from remote to the tablet? Start with the simplest things.

Reactions: Oso
Hi after getting my old trusty p3p out of hibernation it isnt seeming so trusty anymore. I am getting this app disconnected message on both ipad air 2 and galaxy s9.
The motors start and i am able to work the gimbal but no video feed? Any help would be great thanks.
Sadly, it's not entirely surprising. Along with the overheating issue with the gimbal board, we have seen reported many times that memory chips (NAND) used by DJI develop bad blocks during a period of inactivity. It seems like that whenever we see someone start a new thread with, "I haven't used my P3 in a long time. It was working perfectly the last time I used it....," the very next sentence is often, "and now I have no image transmission" or something similar. The issue with NAND could be the root cause in these cases.

As @KachemakDiver noted, first start with the simple stuff.

Thanks for the replies.
Sound to me like the USB board on the remote controller is faulty. For whatever reason, it happens. What model of remote do you have? GL300A’s was common for this to happen after long periods of inactivity.
Have you tried a different data cable from remote to the tablet? Start with the simplest things.

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes its a GL300A and heve tried different cables and ipad and android.

Sadly, it's not entirely surprising. Along with the overheating issue with the gimbal board, we have seen reported many times that memory chips (NAND) used by DJI develop bad blocks during a period of inactivity. It seems like that whenever we see someone start a new thread with, "I haven't used my P3 in a long time. It was working perfectly the last time I used it....," the very next sentence is often, "and now I have no image transmission" or something similar. The issue with NAND could be the root cause in these cases.

As @KachemakDiver noted, first start with the simple stuff.

Hi thanks for the reply

Reactions: Oso
I have jyst fitted a used but supossed to be working order usb board but still same issue. I can control the quad and take pictures but no video feed or aircraft data battery status, sats etc?

I have jyst fitted a used but supossed to be working order usb board but still same issue. I can control the quad and take pictures but no video feed or aircraft data battery status, sats etc?
Is the “used usb board” that you installed, specifically for a GL300A? It is a very different board than the board for the Gl300c and GL300B.

Well, with it not showing any telemetry and any other aircraft data,I’m wondering about the OFDM module under the vision position sensor. It not only has the antenna connections, but also gets other information from the aircraft motherboard.
I had a bad OFDM on a P3P I bought a while back. It just showed a no signal error message. Not sure if it would interfere with the image transmission problem though.

I am having the same issue, but this time with a GL300B RC. I have replaced the USB circuit board, and still no communication with the iPhone. Deleted and reinstalled DJI GO, no joy! Crazy that I have close to a $2,000 investment that will not function now, very frustrating! I have been all over the InnerWeb looking for answers, and I have basically tried all of them, including purchasing a use RC off eBay, nothing works!

Do you know which firmware version you have on the aircraft are on the remote controller?
No, without access to the phone, there is no way to tell that I am aware of. I do know that as of October 2019, they were both totally up to date with the latest and greatest from DJI.

I think my p3p is on fw vers 1.14 so which version would i need on controller is this possible to do ?

Here’s a attachment that may help you.
Scroll down to March 30th post #13.
Oso posted information on downloads and how to find them

Attachments

• Safari - Apr 17, 2020 at 4:06 PM.pdf
    286.1 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: SteUk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members