What happend what I just took off to went to about 180ft. I started having compass errors and wobbly looking flight. So I decided to take it down and calibrate the compass on the way down at about 100ft. (in a open area) I got 2 warnings for a propeller obstruction... 2 engines failed at the same time. So I immediately did an emergency engine cut to let the drone drop so the mayday board would see the fall. But it didn't. It crashed camera face first on a concrete sidewalk and bounced into my front yard.
After the crash I tested the mayday, and parachute and it worked flawlessly.

Lesson was learned. my new dji phantom 3 pro I got 48 hours ago will have a manual trigger.
Never trust a "automatic" parachute device. It's not worth the risk.. Or the money lost.
Another thing... even if u have a footage to prove mayday maker that it was the mayday error..the mayday board makers wont take responsible..they did that to me already...i have footage to prove...they but in a email they said..its not their normal procedures to take full responsibility...so, they did not pay me anything but the shop did..very bad mayday people..careful

Lesson was learned. my new dji phantom 3 pro I got 48 hours ago will have a manual trigger.
Never trust a "automatic" parachute device.
Absolutely. Did you see the Stop Flyaway device? It's the only device which manages the power and cuts off props before releasing the parachute. And it's manual activation.

BUT... I have analyzed why current devices on market do false parachute deploys and I think I have found the best solution. At least it was tested not only on Phantom but on my small 250 copter also, which flies like a rocket in 3D space ;)

So now I have released the Stop Fall module, which detects the real crash. It uses special algos to avoid false cases.
Also I have included many features which are better than same devices on the market have. Here's a part of description:

Technical specifications:
- crash detection in any position of Stop Fall, even it's rolling around itself
- no need to calibrate before flight, it will do everything by itself
- you can install Stop Fall in any place in any position, not only flat or 90 degrees to the ground
- fall detection within 1 second, ideally to avoid false parachute activations because of sudden wind or extreme turns
- ability to activate Stop Fall manually from free stick on you RC
- complete standalone system if powered with 5-24V (2-6S) battery
- sound alarm and led indicators
- minimal weight and dimensions
- smart designed box can be installed to many places without taking much space
- PC communication to get reports after crash

Photos are here: Stop Fall, Automatic crash detection and parachute deployment system.

And some video is here from test flights
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Absolutely. Did you see the Stop Flyaway device? It's the only device which manages the power and cuts off props before releasing the parachute. And it's manual activation.

BUT... I have analyzed why current devices on market do false parachute deploys and I think I have found the best solution. At least it was tested not only on Phantom but on my small 250 copter also, which flies like a rocket in 3D space ;)

So now I have released the Stop Fall module, which detects the real crash. It uses special algos to avoid false cases.
Also I have included many features which are better than same devices on the market have. Here's a part of description:

Technical specifications:
- crash detection in any position of Stop Fall, even it's rolling around itself
- no need to calibrate before flight, it will do everything by itself
- you can install Stop Fall in any place in any position, not only flat or 90 degrees to the ground
- fall detection within 1 second, ideally to avoid false parachute activations because of sudden wind or extreme turns
- ability to activate Stop Fall manually from free stick on you RC
- complete standalone system if powered with 5-24V (2-6S) battery
- sound alarm and led indicators
- minimal weight and dimensions
- smart designed box can be installed to many places without taking much space
- PC communication to get reports after crash

Photos are here: Stop Fall, Automatic crash detection and parachute deployment system.

And some video is here from test flights

Thinking about getting this. Do you know which battery pack that will plug right into this? This might seem easier to setup then the Mayday. The setup process looked kinda confusing.
Thx.

I ordered the 33dev stop fly away. It's still in the mail but when I get it I plan on doing a no joke max alt free fall then deploy at a lower altitude on my phantom that's been crashed a few times. It's it works well I'll get another one for my phantom pro

I ordered for my P3 Pro the following to try out.

(1) Mars Mini V2 Parachute
(1) Mars Mini P3 mounting plate assembly

Then went over to 33dev to order the "Stop Fall".
Stop Fall, модуль определения падения и автоматической активации парашюта.

But for some reason when you go through check out it says "account restricted" WTH? Anyways I sent them an e-mail and hopefully they see what going on with that.

Just need to find a super light battery and I think that should be it unless I'm missing something? New to the parachute scene so I'm still trying to learn.

Not sure. Usually they are quick to reply. But like all systems the stop fall is like all automatic parachute systems, And your trusting your P3 to that to work. I highly recommend the stop fly away. When you press the trigger button on the it kills the power on your drone and deploys the parachute.
After my last crash I'll never trust any automatic deployment system.

Here's my other drone. The automatic mayday board did nothing during the fall

Attachments

• 1466171472993.jpg
    1466171472993.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 349
  • 1466171561122.jpg
    1466171561122.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 365
Check again it works now

Yea there were a few problems with the checkout but everything got fixed and finally went through as of today. Ordered the Stop Fall to handle the automatic deployment of the V2 Mini. Hopefully it works 100% with no failure if I ever need it.

got some video with stopfall

got some video with stopfall

What is this showing how easy it is to set off? I got one on the way also. Hope this thing works I'm kinda worried about the thing accidentally deploying while flying, that's my biggest fear.

it's like a demo that stopfall can be rolled and moved around but triggers only when falling down. you see the red led blinks when it moves down. as stated in manual if it falls for 1 second then it triggers the parachute, but short moves will be just warned with the led

So I finally got everything from Russia for the flight termination system. Come to find out you also need an adapter to convert DC power to PWM signal to run a 3rd party parachute like MARS. After some research on basic servo control. The adapter they are selling is actually a servo trigger. So to avoid spending 40 bucks for the adapter and another 40 for international shipping I just made the Mars parachute a DC servo by taking it apart and removing the PCB board. So now instead of the 3 wires for a standard servo it runs off of 2... The flight termination system runs off a 2 chanel system. Ch1+- and ch2+- when the trigger button is pushed it cuts power from ch1 and diverts it to ch2. The servo just spins and keeps spinning until the power is turned off.. But hell saved me money and time. Now I just gotta take apart the p3pro to install the new hardware and test it out. Hopefully it all works this time. Unlike the crap mayday board

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers