Phantom 3 Motor Assembly - Cleaning Help

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Wicked forum! I am new to the forum and have looked hard without any success on instructions to take apart the phantom 3 motors. They seem different then the ones I see on videos with the older Phantoms.

Thus far, I have managed to take off the cover (carefully and with much frustration) from the phantom and revealed the entire assembly.

Unscrewed the motor, undid the bottom c-clamp and washer. After this step I am stumped as I am unable to take the motor apart to clean. Any direction would be much appreciated.

Also if anyone has suggestions on successfully getting sand out that would be great! I got a couple shoots this week for a client and need this bird flying :)

Cheers,

Szymon

I'm in the same boat... Had my P3P up at the dunes a couple weeks ago, and with all the wind and blowing sand, it was impossible to keep it sand free short of keeping it in the case...

hopefully someone here has some suggestions...

you can pull them off with some extensive force but if you are going to put that much time into cleaning, my suggestion would be to just get brand new motors. i think they are $18 / ea.
that's just my opinion, time spent in opening all 4 motors and cleaning would offset for me to justify just buying brand new ones and tossing the old ones with sand in it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl