Phantom 3 Firmware is out!

For all the new guys, best not to jump on brand spenking new firmware the minute it comes out. Issues abound. Not on all but enough to be cautious. DJI likes to be quick but they're not always thorough. In other words, this is typical. Wait til the dust settles then go for it.

For all the new guys, best not to jump on brand spenking new firmware the minute it comes out. Issues abound. Not on all but enough to be cautious. DJI likes to be quick but they're not always thorough. In other words, this is typical. Wait til the dust settles then go for it.
Update is mandatory for iOS users (this was the reply from Online Support this morning)

i think they forgot to add the "flyaway feature" this patch should re enable this feature that allows random flyaways

I hate to see folks start posting "guesses" at what bugs this firmware updates. I would like to see clarification of the names... (the DJI web downloads to be correctly matched to the model) and a brief summary of bug fixes in firmware updates, but the latter may be too much to ask based on what I've seen so far. I'm a new customer and not overly impressed with the online or web customer support I've witnessed to date. That's really a shame considering the cost and overall high quality of the products and innovation that's been put into manufacturing these quads.

I hate to see folks start posting "guesses" at what bugs this firmware updates. I would like to see clarification of the names... (the DJI web downloads to be correctly matched to the model) and a brief summary of bug fixes in firmware updates, but the latter may be too much to ask based on what I've seen so far. I'm a new customer and not overly impressed with the online or web customer support I've witnessed to date. That's really a shame considering the cost and overall high quality of the products and innovation that's been put into manufacturing these quads.

Very true.
History tells us there has always been a bit of confusion with firmware & software releases since I have been on the scene here for 1 year now.
It does come good in the end.
But a bit more thought and clarity would not go amiss.

Good advice. Thanks!

The iOS app must be out within 12 hours, or i can tell you with alot of certainty that dji didnt submit the app at the date they said they did.
I believe the app was submitted on time. Best laid plans don't always go as planned because of all the interdependencies and complexities. I am awaiting my first DJI product. They have brought out a great product at an exceptional price point. They have raised the game in terms of support. I like what this company is doing.

Stuff happens - in life and in IT especially. All these issues will be settled shortly. I am sure the iOS app will be out this week. People should just chill.

Reactions: HacKiwi and dataway
Updated and flew tonight. Everything behaved just like the last version did. I'd still go easy the first flight after upgrading and make sure you calibrate and check over everything before take off. Always better safe than sorry!

Reactions: louforgiveno
Updated and flew tonight. Everything behaved just like the last version did. I'd still go easy the first flight after upgrading and make sure you calibrate and check over everything before take off. Always better safe than sorry!

Thank you for taking the first step Oh Brave One!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: davemex
I just IM'd DJI support and he says the firmware download is correct on their website...
the P3X is Professional (P3X_FW_V01.01.0006.bin)
the P3S is Advance (P3S_FW_V01.01.0006.bin)

Please let me know otherwise.. I have not updated my P3A or remote control yet. Thanks

I just IM'd DJI support and he says the firmware download is correct on their website...
the P3X is Professional (P3X_FW_V01.01.0006.bin)
the P3S is Advance (P3S_FW_V01.01.0006.bin)

Please let me know otherwise.. I have not updated my P3A or remote control yet. Thanks

That's correct.

Reactions: Phantom_Novi_MI
good, i have just got mine and will do update when batteries are charged

Got my P3P yesterday and hey, why not a challenge :), updated the firmware to the P3X = P3 Professional firmware version (P3X_FW_V01.01.0006.bin). After 25 minutes started to worry until I realized that the beeping sound was the beeping sound as described for a finalized firmware update :). First flight this morning and without any previous experience to my knowledge everything worked fine (or should I say no fly away/ crash ;-).

So I was doing the update it beeped, I waited, I waited, I waited etc.

Eventually turned it off, started again.

it beeped, I waited, I waited, I waited etc

So then tried another sd card

it beeped, I waited, I waited, I waited etc

I then turned it off agin.

and looked at the file it had created.

Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 13.22.38.png

DUH

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads