Phantom 3 Advanced roll over by take off

Reaction score
Hi, the drone has no errors in display and runs idle smoothly. When you powered up the drone wants brake out, not lifting. It is always the same direction of one off the 4 propellors, this motor has a cracked shell.
I can see that two motors be changed for new, possible after a hard crash. I bought the drone second hands..soo?

I have calibration all components, no errors. I used DJI go.

I shall upload file from the phone and drone, hope helps for trouble shooting.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-11-26_[20-11-39][1].txt
    42.3 KB · Views: 237
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-11-26_[15-22-44][1].txt
    36.3 KB · Views: 206
Hi, the drone has no errors in display and runs idle smoothly. When you powered up the drone wants brake out, not lifting. It is always the same direction of one off the 4 propellors, this motor has a cracked shell.
I can see that two motors be changed for new, possible after a hard crash. I bought the drone second hands..soo?

I have calibration all components, no errors. I used DJI go.

I shall upload file from the phone and drone, hope helps for trouble shooting.
A couple of thoughts based on other reports over the years.

Does it flip over when launching both manually and with auto?

Are you being tentative when launching manually?

Were the motors you noted replaced with the correct style and spin direction?

Are the correct props in use on each motor?

I am tentative when launching manual, I am an escavator pilot and feelings for sticks. Auto I don`t have tested yet.

The style placemend off the motor that is a good point, I look for that but I don`t know what is the good style. But I open the upper shell and see the wires are all in same direction, the centre ESC board. But maybe good for inspection and I let show a picture. Spin is good...R/L

The props can only one way, left/right threat.

I am looking forward for solver this problem, I bought via Ebay and I believe the drone is not bad.

Had a P3 that would roll on a timid takeoff. One motor needed more juice to catch up to the others. Not too uncommon on that model. Worked fine otherwise. Possibly from the motor swap? Take off on soft ground and goose it. ? good luck
Try auto takeoff, it's smarter than us.

Yes, the motors are swap..only two. Maybe not original replacement, I feel more resistance when securing the props, I'm going to buy four other original motors. And new props.

We put the drone on the drum, but the drone wan`t vertical take off. Only sliding too right. I am affraid because here is only mountain with rocks, and I believe the drone don`t like it.

But in auto mode we can check it.

Attachments

• 20201127_131827[1].jpg
    20201127_131827[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Hopefully simple in the logs. Would still try auto. Lot of time $ to replace motors. If you do, good time to reshell. Inexpensive and look new.

Reactions: Dutch Cabo
We put the drone on the drum, but the drone wan`t vertical take off. Only sliding too right.
If it were mine, I would never take off from a metal drum or from metal of any type. We routinely warn against doing so.

If it were mine, I would never take off from a metal drum or from metal of any type. We routinely warn against doing so.
Missed the metal drum part. Ouch, asking for trouble. Compass out of wack. Almost good it won’t take off.
Do Not calibrate near metal! Or else...fly away and crash assistance.

Ok I understand, than you have problems with a metal ship.:p:p I have post here my flight log, can somebody read it and explaine the problem. It sounds as no motor power (little juice). I was taught from my aircraft period as a mechanic, the torque must be the same of the 4 motors. Otherwise the aircraft will skew the drone in this case.

So it seems useful to me to have four identical motors now they are two pairs. than the ESC !

The drone has rolled once second time, and the drone slid sideways against a wall for the first time on a flat floor, I want not wreck my drone systematic. At the moment it is only guesswork

Last edited:
I am tentative when launching manual, I am an escavator pilot and feelings for sticks. Auto I don`t have tested yet.

The style placemend off the motor that is a good point, I look for that but I don`t know what is the good style. But I open the upper shell and see the wires are all in same direction, the centre ESC board. But maybe good for inspection and I let show a picture. Spin is good...R/L

The props can only one way, left/right threat.

I am looking forward for solver this problem, I bought via Ebay and I believe the drone is not bad.

Not sure if the P4 is the same as the P2 but the motors are wired differently as in the 2 diagonals are a reverse of the other 2 diagonals.

so in a p2 the rear left is black red yellow and the rear right would be black yellow red, the colours may not be exactly right as I’m posting from memory but you get the idea

Yes I am sure, the props rotation is correct. Its roll left over...it means the prop with the crack shell direction.

Why they changed the motors? aha not for nothing. But the ESC off the motors..they are good condtion?

I have placed a log file, maybe it shows the problem.

Yes, the motors are swap..only two. Maybe not original replacement, I feel more resistance when securing the props, I'm going to buy four other original motors. And new props.

We put the drone on the drum, but the drone wan`t vertical take off. Only sliding too right. I am affraid because here is only mountain with rocks, and I believe the drone don`t like it.

But in auto mode we can check it.
Hmm, by looking at the props, they all have a black cap on them. That seems to indicate that it has two wrong motors on it. Take the props off and check the color of the shafts.

Reactions: JoBe
Yep, the color off the shaft is different. two are more darkner... and the other two more shining. Thats why I thinking changed motors.

And the cap is black and used the second time. The first time I used the grey cap.

Yep, the color off the shaft is different. two are more darkner... and the other two more shining. Thats why I thinking changed motors.

And the cap is black and used the second time. The first time I used the grey cap.
It’s supposed to have 2 dark and 2 light. The dark should be opposite of each other,and the same way with the light ones. Are the props spinning on in the same direction?

Phantom 3A, props

Attachments

• 20201128_172131[1].jpg
    20201128_172131[1].jpg
    945.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 20201128_172227[1].jpg
    20201128_172227[1].jpg
    825.9 KB · Views: 164

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics