Phantom 3 Adv flipping on take off

The ESC stalled messages are all after it has toppled over and the props are blocked.
I thought that might be the case. After I posted that I thought about the timing correlation. BTW, remind me again how the event log timing correlates with the flight log timing. I know both start at power up but does this depend on the sample rate that the data is extracted?

@sar104 Disregard Post #22, I figured out what I did. My bad....

I thought that might be the case. After I posted that I thought about the timing correlation. BTW, remind me again how the event log timing correlates with the flight log timing. I know both start at power up but does this depend on the sample rate that the data is extracted?
Time is shown as the first field on every line in the eventLog stream, E.g.
187.058 : 11632 [Ctrl<1>] REQ_RC_NORMAL ATTI ctrl_atti

Time is shown as the first field on every line in the eventLog stream
That part I knew. I was looking at the .dat file directly in CSV View and judged the timing wrong. Reloaded the .csv file instead and it lined up perfectly. Just looked at the data timing wrong.

Reactions: RodPad
I have not done any repairs to it at all, I wouldnt know how or even approach that myself! I have only owned it for a month or so. it was preowned from a CEX and it worked perfectly fine until this day.

I tried it again today and it crashed instantly again, I have the Dat logs if you want them?

I have the Dat logs if you want them?
You are welcome to share them, but I don't think they will indicate anything different. It is possible, but highly unlikely, assuming the takeoff flip was exactly the same as before.

From what I have read, if you can return it. I would it.

The way I understand it ESC's used to be a part (circuitry that operated the motors) between the Main Board and the motor. It required soldering to change them out.

Now they are part of the main board.

Any corrections? :oops:

Rod

..... shall I return it to the store?
I would. It's almost certainly some type of HW problem. I noticed that at 2.3 secs the FC is commanding the motors higher and the response is higher currents

but the speed increase isn't what you'd expect.

There is a normal response for the 2 burst startup but there isn't the expected spike at 2.3 secs.

That’s sad. Apparently one motor is either not spinning or not spinning fast enough on your crash side. Looks like the back one on the far left, to me. Don’t know how to read that on the charts. Hopefully they’ll send you another one, or you can buy another one with your refund I guess. Have fun fly safe.

I have the same problem on my P3, wen I gonna takeoff he's flip. The props it's ok. Somebody can hellp me?

Try recalibrating your remote control sticks. Just guessing again. Good luck hope you figure it out.

This is what is happening. The same thing as the video of our friend who created the post. Plz i need resolve this, i use drone in work.

I'm trying to put the date file here but it's saying that it's very big, how can I pass it to you

Last edited:
Hi all

I bought a drone around 3 weeks ago, from a retail store, its previously owned but in fine condition.

I have flown the drone many times, previously using a little toy stunt one and then a friends DJI spark and now my own phantom. I have flown the drone fine, up to heights of 200 metres and high speed flying, practicing and generally flying with no issues at all. Today the drone was flying fine, it felt a little unresponsive so I bought it back, noticing it seemed to be wobbling as it landed.

Now, it wont take off without crashing into the floor instantly. The same way, everytime. I have tried different batteries,different rotors, compass configurations, IMU calibrations, allowed it to cool down. turned it on and off and everything. Please help me as I have only had it a few weeks and bought a carry bag and another battery in my excitement. The store has a 2 year return but they are well known for terrible customer service and not caring as they only deal in second hand games etc.

I bought a Phantom 3 ADV for my lad, who has flown none GPS drones with no issues. He had the drone pointing away from him, pressed auto take off and instead of jumping to 1.2 metres, it flipped over and skidded across the ground smashing 3 out of 4 props. Props replaced he flew it perfectly manually, but as soon as we tried auto take off again, flipped over in same direction and wrecked another 2 props and gimble cable

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1