Phantom 3 4k Wifi dissconecting after crash. Please help

Reaction score
Hi
A stupid piloting error resulted in my phantom 3 4k crashing into a tree and landed in water. The battery fell off before the craft hit the water. I fished it out dismantled the craft completely and dried it out for 3 days (sun, air, rice). Got a new battery and reassembled the quad, and turned it on. The camera and gimbal seemed to be working.

Got a message that i needed firmware updation. Initiated that, but the quad disconneced after 5 miniutes. Rebooted, the app initialised without problem, firmware status read latest, a minute after i got the 'ready to fly message', the quad disconnected from wifi - no telemetry, no video feed. The app connects to the remote, but not the quad.
This has been happening ever since. I am able to control the quad , but the connection to the app disconnects after 5 minutes or so. The only visible damage from the crash is a small dent on the VPS sensor.

There was red liquid traces on the wifi module after the crash indicating water damage (all the lithmus stickers had gone red) .
Was hoping someone could help me with this issue. Are there chances of the antennas getting damaged in a water landing? My guess is that it could be the wifi board or the antennas. Any guidance would help.

Sorry I don't really have anything helpful to say but Drone + Water = a world of suck. [emoji853]
I bought the insurance for when I do something like this. Actually I did the exact same thing but mine hit a dry spot by total fluke and everything still works good. Just needed a new set of props.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thank you @itshowiroll. In my case, i guess it was a bad day. Feared that i had screwed up the gimbal and camera. Turns out those were saved by the 3rd party gimbal guard.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj