Phantom 3 4k vs SE

Reaction score
I am about to purchase my first drone and was thinking of a Used P3 4K or a new SE from china. Can any body tell me the difference? I know the 4k is an older model but they look the same specs to me.

Thanks

The main differences are the weight and range.

P3SE:
Weight: 1236 grams
Range: 2.5 miles FCC or 0.3 miles CE

P34K:
Weight: 1280 grams
Range: 0.74 miles FCC or 0.3 miles CE

You can find the specs on DJI's website here:

Last edited:
I think you got that backwards. The P3se has a greater transmission distance than the P34k. It also has glonass for better GPS accuracy. Other than that, I don't think there's much difference.

Yep -- I had my titles swapped. Thanks.
Ah okay thanks. I am not too bothered about the weight but would prefer the extra range. I live in the UK so would the buying the one from China make a difference to the range still. Sorry if this is a daft question but I've not had one before and not sure of the difference between Central and Fcc.

I live in the UK so would the buying the one from China make a difference to the range still.
No. The Phantom will auto choose FCC/CE based on the current location reported by the Phantom's internal GPS receiver.

Okay thanks. So it sound like the only thing that would be different for me is the weight difference.

Also, the vision positioning, 4k camera, and better mobile device holder would be on the se..

Also, the vision positioning, 4k camera, and better mobile device holder would be on the se..
Those are all features of the P34K too.

My bad, for some reason I was comparing the standard and the se, not the 4k and se. Sorry about that!

Actually, range of SE in CE mode is much better than DJI stated. On the open field can easily reach 3km and even little bi over, in populated area (from my back yard surrounded with the houses) can reach 1300-1500m, pure stock.

No problem and thanks for clearing a few things up with the specs. I think I am going to be just as well with the P3 4K as I dont think I will benefit the range in the UK.

Thanks for your help.

I have the 3 4k almost a year now and I love it. I never fly past line of site. I don't know about the p3se, but I connect with Wii Fii. I don't update anything, the controller is great, every thing works fine. That's just my opinion, but I read this site, 3 or 4 times a day and there is alot of problems out there. I would just be careful of used fact. I think you will be very happy either way. This is a great hobby. Read and follow the rules.
Good luck!

Reactions: Macphreak4evr
I'll save you some trouble. Don't get the P34K if you are in an urban areas. I had one and had too many signal problems with it do to WiFi interference. If you don't need 4k then go with the P3 advance. Or if you want 4k the the P3pro.

For some people that no need to fly far away, p34k is better because transmitter is more convenient for filming have iso scroll

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.