[Phantom 3 4k] Newbie searching for help

Reaction score
Hello,

I just introduced myself in this thread:
Hello from Chicago Area

And now i have a lot of questions regarding the Phantom 3 4K:

1. I'm using a One Plus 3 Smartphone with Android Version 6.0.1 on it and i can't connect the drone to the DJI Go app. I powered on the remote and the drone, connected my phone via WiFi to the phantom 3 WLAN, but I can't choose my Phantom 3 4K from the device list, it just shows me Phantom 3 Standard, Advanced and Professional, not Phantom 3 4K.
I used the iPhone 6 of my girl friend and DJI Go just connected fine. Is there a bug in the Android App or is my One Plus 3 not compatible?

2. Is there a possiblity to program the drone with coordinates, to let it fly a route with way-points? If yes, can this be done with a greater range than 1.2km? Something like a auto pilot mode?

3. Are there aftermarket batteries for the drone with a higher capacity for an extended flight time?

4. Is it possible to use a VR headset with the drone and use the gimbal to look around?

5. Can the drone be programmed to circle around an area with the camera pointed on it?

I guess that's it for the moment. Hope you can help me.

Cheers

Last edited:
1. You shouldn't have to select the device from a list. Click "camera" and you should be able to open the device on the APP. I use IOS, so maybe some other members can chime in.

2. Yes. Litchi App

3. Not that I'm aware of.

4. I believe the VR headset can only be used with the P3A and P3P, but again, I'm not 100% sure here.

I own both a P3A and P3 4K. You will love your bird. It's an awesome machine! Below is a video I made using the P3 4K last weekend. My advice would be to buy a $15 set of windsurfers off Amazon. They'll give you additional range without having to mod your transmitter. Have fun!

P.S - I lived in the Chicago area for 8 years. Went to Elmhurst College and then lived in Addison for a while. Great city!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Added another question

5. Can the drone be programmed to circle around an area with the camera pointed on it?

4. Is it possible to use a VR headset with the drone and use the gimbal to look around?
I believe Litchi has a VR mode which works with most any Google Cardboard style headset for your phone. Never tried it, I would like to at some point though.

Last edited:
I tried my One Plus 3 again today with the DJI App and i could connect myself to the drone but only when i turn off mobile data, as long as it's activated i don't see anythin on the camera, if i turn it off, picture is back. Anybody experienced the same?

Edit:
I have the same problem with my Oneplus X... as long as mobile data is off, it's conected, if i turn mobile data on, no picture from the camera anymore.

Last edited:
Don't know why your having connection bugs with Android. My S4 works flawlessly, as far as VR goes, I just started flying that way and LOVE IT! there are some free apps but I went with Litchie app. Almost no latency and video quality is very good!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31