[Phantom 3 4k] Newbie searching for help

Reaction score
Hello,

I just introduced myself in this thread:
Hello from Chicago Area

And now i have a lot of questions regarding the Phantom 3 4K:

1. I'm using a One Plus 3 Smartphone with Android Version 6.0.1 on it and i can't connect the drone to the DJI Go app. I powered on the remote and the drone, connected my phone via WiFi to the phantom 3 WLAN, but I can't choose my Phantom 3 4K from the device list, it just shows me Phantom 3 Standard, Advanced and Professional, not Phantom 3 4K.
I used the iPhone 6 of my girl friend and DJI Go just connected fine. Is there a bug in the Android App or is my One Plus 3 not compatible?

2. Is there a possiblity to program the drone with coordinates, to let it fly a route with way-points? If yes, can this be done with a greater range than 1.2km? Something like a auto pilot mode?

3. Are there aftermarket batteries for the drone with a higher capacity for an extended flight time?

4. Is it possible to use a VR headset with the drone and use the gimbal to look around?

5. Can the drone be programmed to circle around an area with the camera pointed on it?

I guess that's it for the moment. Hope you can help me.

Cheers

Last edited:
1. You shouldn't have to select the device from a list. Click "camera" and you should be able to open the device on the APP. I use IOS, so maybe some other members can chime in.

2. Yes. Litchi App

3. Not that I'm aware of.

4. I believe the VR headset can only be used with the P3A and P3P, but again, I'm not 100% sure here.

I own both a P3A and P3 4K. You will love your bird. It's an awesome machine! Below is a video I made using the P3 4K last weekend. My advice would be to buy a $15 set of windsurfers off Amazon. They'll give you additional range without having to mod your transmitter. Have fun!

P.S - I lived in the Chicago area for 8 years. Went to Elmhurst College and then lived in Addison for a while. Great city!

Added another question

5. Can the drone be programmed to circle around an area with the camera pointed on it?

4. Is it possible to use a VR headset with the drone and use the gimbal to look around?
I believe Litchi has a VR mode which works with most any Google Cardboard style headset for your phone. Never tried it, I would like to at some point though.

Last edited:
I tried my One Plus 3 again today with the DJI App and i could connect myself to the drone but only when i turn off mobile data, as long as it's activated i don't see anythin on the camera, if i turn it off, picture is back. Anybody experienced the same?

Edit:
I have the same problem with my Oneplus X... as long as mobile data is off, it's conected, if i turn mobile data on, no picture from the camera anymore.

Last edited:
Don't know why your having connection bugs with Android. My S4 works flawlessly, as far as VR goes, I just started flying that way and LOVE IT! there are some free apps but I went with Litchie app. Almost no latency and video quality is very good!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik