Phantom 3 4k mod looking for help

Reaction score
Hello all,

Since weeks i'm preparing my modd fir my phantom 3 4k based on the dbs antenna.

But guys how can you accept this :

8f49cb427eb57dbaa40fb55e804cf4af.jpg

When you can do that and only add 1 hole :

b481ec1dc42387b1860ad3bdbd05562f.jpg

I feel like i'm the only one that want to do that and unfortunately it is impossible to find the right cables for that ....... the thing is maxxuav and fpvcustoms are selling a clean install kit (like my first pic) which is composed of 2 cables like this :

81d3cd914671791951580e03d3e87037.jpg

The thing is this cable is MMCX to RP-SMA and unfortunately for us our remote use U.FL to RP-SMA cables.....

Nobody is excited by having only one hole drilled on his remote ? And the 2 other cables using the stock antennas holes ?

Do you guys have link for this kind of cables ?

If i have to do them myself i already found the U.FL connectors on ebay but i can't find the specific RP-SMA connector they are using on the pics i posted.

If you want we can all work on that project ;-)

Cheers
Flo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm not sure the size of the RP-SMA seems to be too small. I was not aboe to find a connector as long as my last picture

Can a cable that transform mmcx to ufl do the job ? Like this one :

66576b834e0493d3c2fc84dae98f966c.jpg

Like this you connect the ufl cable to the mainboard and then connect the clean install kit cables to the mmcx port :)

Will it create signal lose ?

Yeah but don't want to drill 3 holes in my remote. 1 is enough ....

Just trying to start a subject to improve the mod for the 4k version....

Can you understand i want something clean and well done ? A forum is xhere you ask and try to get some help no ?

I can understand, don't be rude bro. The P3/4K is obsolete... so finding things for it like this is tougher.

You don't want to drill a hole?

Then pull all three wires through the antenna holes and let them hangout.

I'm not rude ;-) i'm just trying hard to do the cleanest install as possible ;-)

I will drill 1 hole for the 3rd antenna but still want to use original hole with rp-sma plug

I give myself 2 month to find what i want if i can't i will drill 3 stupid holes [emoji22]

I'm not rude ;-) i'm just trying hard to do the cleanest install as possible ;-)

I will drill 1 hole for the 3rd antenna but still want to use original hole with rp-sma plug

I give myself 2 month to find what i want if i can't i will drill 3 stupid holes [emoji22]

What your doing will work fine. That cable in the pic isn't shielded and l think 3.5 will be a bit short.

The 3.5" cable is just to connect from rc motherboard to the classic cable mmcx to rp-sma you can find on maxxuav ;-)

As i suck in creating cable i'm looking for the lazy option lol and adding the U.FL to mmcx cable then i plug the cable sold by maxxuav that use mmcx to rp-sma

I'm just concerned about signal loss using an extra cable connection ....

The 3.5" cable is just to connect from rc motherboard to the classic cable mmcx to rp-sma you can find on maxxuav ;-)

As i suck in creating cable i'm looking for the lazy option lol and adding the U.FL to mmcx cable then i plug the cable sold by maxxuav that use mmcx to rp-sma

I'm just concerned about signal loss using an extra cable connection ....

Not quite sure if we're on the same page or not but the cables (x3) l posted r all u will need for rc mod. Then you'll need 3 different cables for rc to panel. I only modded a standard rc not a 4k but l still say 3.5 will be at least 1.5" short

Spare remote coming in ! Project will move forward and you will be able to understand it better.

I found the U.FL to mmcx female cable on ebay in a us store. Once i measure the right needd lenth i will order them.

Then i will be able to ordrr on maxxuav the clean install kit for phantom 3 adv/pro in order to use the original antenna holes.

And i will use one of the cables shipped with the dbs antenna for the 3 ed antenna and i will drill 1 hole in the remote.

Right now i just hope the U.Fl to mmcx will fit in the remote .... and i hope adding a new cable connection won't make me lose signal quality.

Last edited:
Key is being able to feel it snap into place, then adding some hot glue on the connection. If your having to force it at all YOUR NOT CENTERED!

i was browsing internet and i found this pic of an inspire remote and more or less mine will look like exactly like this but in white :

img_0030_controller-install_large.png

the 3rd antenna hole might be at a different position.

Hello all,

Since weeks i'm preparing my modd fir my phantom 3 4k based on the dbs antenna.

But guys how can you accept this :

8f49cb427eb57dbaa40fb55e804cf4af.jpg
Well I did mine like this and the stiffer cables help keep my panel secure . Have all 3 of mine like this. I never remove the panel but works great for me :)
And I like the way it looks .b.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.