Phantom 2 with iosd mini and AVL58 problems

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a phantom 2 with the following components installed:
1. iosd mini
2. AVL58 Tx and Rx (for FPV kit)
3. H3-2D gimbal
4. gopro 3+ (silver edition)

Everything works fine until I connect up the monitor for FPV. I receive the iosd data on the monitor but no video signal.

I have checked:
1. Tx and Rx for green lights and on same channel
2. Wiring connection

Any hints or tips for something that I'm missing?
Thanks

Hi,

I have a phantom 2 with the following components installed:
1. iosd mini
2. AVL58 Tx and Rx (for FPV kit)
3. H3-2D gimbal
4. gopro 3+ (silver edition)

Everything works fine until I connect up the monitor for FPV. I receive the iosd data on the monitor but no video signal.

I have checked:
1. Tx and Rx for green lights and on same channel
2. Wiring connection

Any hints or tips for something that I'm missing?
Thanks

Well you know that the TX/RX are working because you telemetry on the screen. Have you updated the GoPro with the latest firmware? If not do so.
Are you using the plug n play FPV hub to connect the gimbal, iOSD and TX? If so there is a switch on that board that should be switched to video and make sure everything is plug in correctly.

Which device are you starting first? I find that sometimes if I power on the go pro before the phantom I will get telemetry and no video. Try changing it up or shitting down camera and turning it back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, tried updating gopro firmware - no joy. Even checked to make sure both were in PAL

Tried changing the order that I turn each one on, no joy.

Any other suggestions? Does the gopro have to be recording for it to come through on the monitor?

No it doesn't need to be recording. Make sure all the connections are ok, especially the flimsy ribbon connection to the micro USB on the Gopro. Has this setup ever worked?

And has this worked before and suddenly stopped working, or has it never worked?

I would ask the friend to demonstrate it working, he may know something we don't without complete pictures of exactly how it is connected.

Reactions: Jaysbeekay
Was the GoPro yours or did it come with the P2? Do you know someone who as either a GoPro 2 or 3 that you can use for a test?

Also i haven't seen an answer to my question as to how everything is connected together. A photo of those connections would be a great help in determining if it is wire correctly or not. I had the same equipment as you up until a month or so when changed the TX and wiring.

Last edited:
Pictures attached - no FPV Hub. Could the transmitter be fried?
2015-05-10 15.03.16.jpg
2015-05-10 15.03.16.jpg
2015-05-10 15.03.34.jpg
2015-05-10 15.03.47.jpg
2015-05-10 15.04.03.jpg

Reactions: Ezookiel
If you have data the TX is fine.
The gimbal will only pass video from the correct camera - and in the correct mode, so check you are set to Video, not Photo on the camera.

Most likely failure would then be the ribbon cable that runs along the gimbal or the cable that comes out of the gimbal and is soldered in that heatshrink.

You really need a £10 multimeter to check the continuity, as the break may not be visible.

I'm lead to believe it has (I bought the unit second hand from a friend)

Which monitor are you using? If you're using a Black Pearl you should be on band E and make sure the TX and monitors RX 1/2 are all on the same frequency.

All the wiring appears be to connected correctly so that's out of the way. The GoPro and monitor should both be in PAL. Go into the cameras menu and in setup make sure it's in video mode (for now) and in PAL. Then turn on the camera put it in record, turn the RC and Monitor and power up the P2 and see if it will record for at least 5 minutes.

Now that's what I call a great solution!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.