Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Jayson Hanes said:
grrr... bought mine 2 weeks ago..... 30 day return period... what to dooo
Dude ... I would go for it bro... I see the way you guys love that P2V... and this would be just the icing on the cake... just think how solid it would be to roll into your second killer upgrade in a months time... you didn't screw around and mod anything did you?

looks like from the pics that the motors are bigger...prolly to carry the extra weight that it now has and maybe why they now claim the 25 min flight time aslo.

I would say it's the same motors. They said 25 min flight before , if you let it sit in one spot and drain the battery

Big Chips said:
looks like from the pics that the motors are bigger...prolly to carry the extra weight that it now has and maybe why they now claim the 25 min flight time aslo.

Yeah... i dunno about bigger.. only went from 1160 grams to 1242... not to shabby tho for a 3 axis upgrade.

I think the extra battery is worth it; I received my P2V last week with two extra batteries, tooling around the neighborhood, I'll use the second easy, I figure having three is more for when I'm out camping for a weekend.

Now that I've ordered the P2V+ (#2825) and slapped a return label on the P2V, I'm hoping that I can still use my extra batteries and props that I've ordered

DJI VASTLY underestimated the demand for stable video and here we are within 120 days of launching the P2V they launch this product to stomp out gimbal demand and try to suck our wallets from more $. Sorry, I wont be buying one. I'll stick with my two P2V's and continue my plans to build an octa or hexa with a good frame and high end gimabal. Upgrading motors, esc's, GPS's etc will end up being less than buying a new vision version 3 or 4 times a year. Feel sorry for RP and all the other 3rd party gimbal makers. DJI just stomped a mud hole in their azzes.

Everyone who preordered got burned. I would wait a month to cash in on the special offers they will no doubt give. I mean 5 months and then a new revision is released.... that really irritates me. But DJI is no stranger to shafting the end users with promos IMO.

Migmon said:
Everyone who preordered got burned. I would wait a month to cash in on the special offers they will no doubt give. I mean 5 months and then a new revision is released.... that really irritates me. But DJI is no stranger to shafting the end users with promos IMO.

Exactly!!!!!! Fug em!

Migmon said:

Give it 6months and the Phantom 3 will be out just in time for Chirstmas with a better camera (maybe 2k or 4k) as its main selling point. Having said that though, Ive only had my Phantom for 2 months but Im jumping ship and getting the P2V+. The stable video makes it more than worth it :).

walexx said:
Migmon said:

Give it 6months and the Phantom 3 will be out just in time for Chirstmas with a better camera (maybe 2k or 4k) as its main selling point. Having said that though, Ive only had my Phantom for 2 months but Im jumping ship and getting the P2V+. The stable video makes it more than worth it :).

Why? Just get a taco supreme or RP and you get the stable video without having to fork out a bunch more cash to DJI on something you just bought 8 weeks ago. Doesn't make sense to me.

Is there any news yet on wether DJI will release a new gimble for the Vision? I saw a rumour they were but nothing 100%.

(sorry if mentioned already :oops: )

I think we are all waiting for this answer. To me it doesn't look promising as the new gimbal suits a different camera and may not be able to house the FC200. I doubt DJI have made another dedicated to the V2...but we will soon know either way!
Something else know one has mentioned is that Gopro will release the Hero 4 later on the year that will do 4k @30fps so imagine that sitting on your PV2 with an aftermarket Gimbal and FPV etc!
There is always something better round the corner lol
My best option now would be to get a gimbal for the FC200 that can be modified to fit the Gopro 4 later on....if this is possible?
Cos.

Cyclone said:
Is there any news yet on wether DJI will release a new gimble for the Vision? I saw a rumour they were but nothing 100%.

(sorry if mentioned already :oops: )

Man, I would love that. If I'd had my P2V more than just 9 days I would feel differently. Right now I feel like the village idiot. Being able to either return my P2V or get an updated gimbal/camera would take a lot of the sting out of that for me.

am without my p2v at the moment DJI have it if I don't get back before the 15 I know want I will be doing and my wife can have my p2v as she was on about getting one ( I let her have a fly with mine she loved it ) and I will order the p2v+ as the summer is on it way and I don't want to be without one

In the UK the Vision Plus is £950 including shipping from DJI available from 15th April plus 4 days shipping.
If and this is a big IF - the camera is now of decent quality and the gimbal does what they say it does then this is a pretty fair price considering the Phantom Vision 2 is £832 (with a free spare battery).
Am I going to buy? probably I will, but not for at least a month or more and only when I really see what the camera quality for still images is, whether there is DNG support immediately, FOV, that there is no left, right or whatever focussing issues, etc etc that a lot of early purchasers encountered. Its going to be an interesting April and I await real world examples with interest not just DJI hype as I got sucked into the 'Extremely High Quality Camera' nonsense previously. Lets hope lesson learned from dji !
Just one further point it occurs to me that if DNG support is available immediately then this is likely to be the same camera/chip or whatever as the FC200, just repackaged - maybe- maybe not? Time will tell.
EDIT: yes looking at the Dji website more in depth and yes it still says 'Extremely High Quality Camera' and that DNG is available immediately with the lens profile to correct the distortion and 14mp says to me its a FC200 camera in a new body. That is disappointing.

Mactab said:
In the UK the Vision Plus is £950 including shipping from DJI available from 15th April plus 4 days shipping.
If and this is a big IF - the camera is now of decent quality and the gimbal does what they say it does then this is a pretty fair price considering the Phantom Vision 2 is £832 (with a free spare battery).
Am I going to buy? probably I will, but not for at least a month or more and only when I really see what the camera quality for still images is, whether there is DNG support immediately, FOV, that there is no left, right or whatever focussing issues, etc etc that a lot of early purchasers encountered. Its going to be an interesting April and I await real world examples with interest not just DJI hype as I got sucked into the 'Extremely High Quality Camera' nonsense previously. Lets hope lesson learned from dji !
Just one further point it occurs to me that if DNG support is available immediately then this is likely to be the same camera/chip or whatever as the FC200, just repackaged - maybe- maybe not? Time will tell.
EDIT: yes looking at the Dji website more in depth and yes it still says 'Extremely High Quality Camera' and that DNG is available immediately with the lens profile to correct the distortion and 14mp says to me its a FC200 camera in a new body. That is disappointing.
I'm guessing just like everybody else. Based on what I've seen I say it's the same camera as the FC200. Some say what a waste to buy if one already has a PV2, but I ordered one even though my PV2 is only 2 months old. Shoot, I fly for fun and not for profit. The 3-axis gimbal is too good to ignore. Pro quality video? No. Pretty darn good video? Yes.

Mactab said:

Adobe Camera Raw 8.4 (will be released in few days?) will have a profile for:

"DJI Phantom Vision FC200 (for raw files)"

but no other DJI camera model.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor