Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Reaction score
I was performing some analysis of the new v2.0 release of the DJI Phantom Vision Assistant software and came across some text alluding to a product named "Phantom 2 Vision Plus". Possibly something new that is coming? :D

visionplus.PNG

brianhama said:
I was performing some analysis of the new v2.0 release of the DJI Phantom Vision Assistant software and came across some text alluding to a product named "Phantom 2 Vision Plus". Possibly something new that is coming? :D

visionplus.PNG

Nice find!

Yes this rumour has been around for a while (sometimes referred to as Vision3 or Vision+) - there was a post on here with some alleged "spy shots" of something or other that looked like a P2 but not... The rumour mill says possibly a better camera and/or optics and an integrated 2-axis or even 3-axis gimbal. I think that as the Vision is targeted at "higher-end consumers" (in money terms, at least) who want turnkey FPV and aerial photography/video, I think this new model will be aimed at "lower-end professionals" so they need to up the quality of the integrated camera to nearer GoPro video bitrates. I personally doubt that any of its upgraded features will be backward compatible with the Vision, and that the price point will be commensurately higher - could be wrong but they don't tend to put features found in their pro-range of flight controllers into their hobby range, for example.

Gimbals are selling like hot cakes, there are acknowledged issues with the camera focus etc and they are in the business of selling things. So better versions are inevitable. The only questions are when, what and how much I suspect... :arrow:

Did some looking around as well in the new software and found what I belief is the new Vision+

Gimbal Setting

The triaxial gimbal of DJI PHANTOM 2 VISION+ is alternative to work in FPV mode and AP mode.

Settings

Check the FPV mode, the gimbal will work in FPV mode, in which mode the gimbal rolls along when the aircraft rolls.
Uncheck the FPV mode, the gimbal will work in AP mode, in which mode the gimbal rolls automatically to keep the gimbal in initial postiion .

cougar said:
Did some looking around as well in the new software and found what I belief is the new Vision+

Gimbal Setting

The triaxial gimbal of DJI PHANTOM 2 VISION+ is alternative to work in FPV mode and AP mode.

Settings

Check the FPV mode, the gimbal will work in FPV mode, in which mode the gimbal rolls along when the aircraft rolls.
Uncheck the FPV mode, the gimbal will work in AP mode, in which mode the gimbal rolls automatically to keep the gimbal in initial postiion .

Awe crap. This has me very tempted to cancel my RP order.

Scottrod said:
cougar said:

Gimbal Setting

Settings

Awe crap. This has me very tempted to cancel my RP order.

This has me feeling like my P2V will be a paper weight soon. Geeze...

This sort of indicates that news of the P2V+ is due for release in the near future. Now that the word is out, sales of the original version will slow dramatically as people will wait until they know what the new version will be. The big question is whether the plus will replace the original or sit as a higher end alternative.

I also think that the sales of the Rotorpixel gimbal will also dry up for the same reasons. In fact I think those who are lower down the order list will be pleasantly surprised (if they still want one) as I am sure there will be a lot of cancellations.

My dream would be a Vision with upgraded camera and gimbal.

I am not sure what will happen to second hand prices of the P2V so I am not sure whether to Ebay mine now or wait but there could be a glut on the market then. Anyone have any opinions ?

Well my new P2V has not been delivered, is in customs right now, and will return if there is not a kit to have it upgraded, don't want yesterdays model. :twisted:

Pull_Up said:
"Potential features" ;) I like their marketing department!

Agreed! Makes you wonder if they have some in stock awaiting the "official" announcement. I doubt the $1,500 that they list is the actual price.

If that's all there is then it seems like a wasted opportunity. I mean we can buy thrid party antennas that double the rang extender's performance for under £50. There are 3rd party gimbals to suit all tastes (plastic, metal, locked-in, portable, upgradeable to 3rd axis) from $150 on up... Where's the killer blow from DJI? Missed opportunity to provide GoPro rivalling optics as well if they haven't added that to the package - can't quite believe they'll keep the same camera? If the price is $1500 then it looks like it will be. If it turns out to be north of $1650 then maybe it will have a beefed up camera as well as a beefed up range extender.

Pull_Up said:

The Dji Phantom 2 Vision + Plus is a revolutionary new quad copter that will be reviled at this years NAB show in Las Vegas. Sold via Dronefly.com, be sure to check back with us on the exciting new product.

Reviled??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Pull_Up said:

The Dji Phantom 2 Vision + Plus is a revolutionary new quad copter that will be reviled at this years NAB show in Las Vegas. Sold via Dronefly.com, be sure to check back with us on the exciting new product.

Reviled??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger
Home schooling! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.