Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Is it just me or does the actual design of the camera/gimbal on the + look like an after though? Or a cheap knock off of a gopro?
I mean, as lousy as the gimbal on the vision is it looks like it belongs. Just my opinion. I know I personally prefer the look of the vision camera over the + I just wish DJI would have made a 3 axis gimbal as an upgrade at least for the first vision...
Again, just my opinion.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen any other amazon sellers , offering this at the dji price and not the 1999 price ?
Wonder when BH photo will be having preorders ?

I just shipped my vision back to amazon as a return for full refund (<30 days lucky me). I got to fly it about 12 times so I know what I am getting with flyability with the plus. At the same time I ordered a plus from DJI directly. $1319 shipped. Even if the cam is the same specs as the vision, the 3 -axis gimbal and the extended 5.8 range and the wifi range is soooo worth the ~$100 difference. Can't wait.

BlackTracer said:
I just shipped my vision back to amazon as a return for full refund (<30 days lucky me). I got to fly it about 12 times so I know what I am getting with flyability with the plus. At the same time I ordered a plus from DJI directly. $1319 shipped. Even if the cam is the same specs as the vision, the 3 -axis gimbal and the extended 5.8 range and the wifi range is soooo worth the ~$100 difference. Can't wait.

I hate you! :lol:

gfredrone said:
BlackTracer said:

+1
I don't know you but now I hate you too! :p

AmosMoses said:
gfredrone said:
BlackTracer said:

+1
I don't know you but now I hate you too! :p

+2 :) I hate em even more! lol I'd love the new camera, but not the new firmware if that safety flying zones can't be edited or disabled in the software.

BlackTracer said:

Well technically it's $260 difference. $100 + $160 for extra battery.

Classic response: Don't hate the player, hate the game. lol
I couldnt resist the return. I know you guys are kidding.
I am assuming the battery is the same. Cause I have the free extra battery that I didn't have to return.
I also think (and am hoping) the airport restrictions are optional. Just another safety measure they are including for our convenience.

Can anyone verify this with the new 3.0 firmware and software?

BlackTracer said:
I am assuming the battery is the same. Cause I have the free extra battery that I didn't have to return.
I also think (and am hoping) the airport restrictions are optional. Just another safety measure they are including for our convenience.

You get to keep the extra battery too! Hate hate hate you! Lol! Yes, I'm kidding...

The airport restrictions are not removable with 3.0 They are set in the firmware and can't be removed or adjusted.

DJI - Phantom Firmware update Safety feature inte…: http://youtu.be/ebXsTUtUwlA

AmosMoses said:
BlackTracer said:

You get to keep the extra battery too! Hate hate hate you! Lol! Yes, I'm kidding...

The airport restrictions are not removable with 3.0 They are set in the firmware and can't be removed or adjusted.

I am sure someone will "crack" the firmware restrictions!

AllanVB said:
AmosMoses said:
BlackTracer said:

I am sure someone will "crack" the firmware restrictions!

That's probably true but if something does happen it's 100% on the end user. DJI covered their ***.
I personally have mixed feelings about the restrictions. No one can deny that there are plenty of idiots out there flying all rc aircraft of all kinds. Knowing my daughter flies a lot, I don't want Spaulding the moron buzzing his Phantom into the engine of the plane she's flying in.

Is the risk of "flying a RC vehicle into the engine of a airliner" new with the Phantom? Or is this the first time RC aircraft have had the ability to fly high enough to be in the path of commercial aviation?

I can't see any reason to buy a PV+ if you have a PV already. It has the same camera, and a gimbal of unknown quality (and the early zenmuse were pretty bad), plus firmware with limitations.

I'll wait for a P3 -- or more likely, given dji's track record, head to some of the other makers that are up and coming...

phantomguy said:
Is the risk of "flying a RC vehicle into the engine of a airliner" new with the Phantom? Or is this the first time RC aircraft have had the ability to fly high enough to be in the path of commercial aviation?

It has been a risk for a while I'd imagine but the more advanced the hobby becomes the more fail safes/controls/restrictions etc they're going to be able to implement.
I would imagine with the integration of fpv it's more of a risk now than ever before. I have been flying helis for a while and have never been able to take it out of line of sight.
I didn't single out the Phantom. I stated rc aircraft of all kinds.
I don't support restrictions either because I feel that I'm intelligent enough not to fly my quad next to a runway of a major airport.

Let's not forget, there's a reason for warning labels telling Timmy not to use the hair dryer in the shower.... Just saying.

BlackTracer said:
NICE!

However, will be interesting to find out the background on DJI's claims of added/extended range. Because with regards to the advertised ranges for the "+", almost all here with stock PV2's were already getting that transmission range (the advertised ranges for the "+") , many were getting that same advertised wifi range, and lots have already well exceeded both ranges consistently with just basic extender mods. Makes you wonder if nothing really has changed except that DJI updated their range claims to more closely reflect the real world ranges of the PV2

This is another way for big brother to restrict the flying through the back door pressuring DJI
Their pitch is "Well were trying to make this new technology available to consumers more safe" Bullsthit... In turn they are not viewed as the bad company with disregard for other just proliferate a market, But the company who is proactive in manufacturing a safer product.

gpauk said:
I can't see any reason to buy a PV+ if you have a PV already. It has the same camera, and a gimbal of unknown quality (and the early zenmuse were pretty bad), plus firmware with limitations.

I'll wait for a P3 -- or more likely, given dji's track record, head to some of the other makers that are up and coming...

Well I am banking on the fact that it is likely that DJI has learned enough about gimbals to provide a decent set with the plus. I hope I am not way off on that hope. Do you think they faked all the videos taken with the new gimbal?

Also my understanding of v3.00 is anyone who updates their P2V to v3.00 firmware (or greater in the future) will get the airport limits. Of course a P2V owner could opt to never update their firmware again to avoid this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel