Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Bigbells said:
To ease myself off the soapbox I'll change the subject: this morning my stock P2V went over 1500' away (altitude of about 200 feet) without losing camera or control connection. That's a record for my particular P2V.

Love your attitude sir... need more of you like this on the forums... congrats on the 1500'

I feel the same way about resale... If I fly thinking resale value all the time then I'll never have any **** fun at all right? ... it's like life ... I don't want my phantom to come to the end of it's product life in perfect resale condition... I want it to come skidding into the driveway with smoke coming from the motors on the last flight... that way I know I used it... and I used it ALL!!

I agree! I could care less about the resell value of my current machine. I only care that the new one is out and I want it! Lol. However, just like car manufacturers give discounts and promotions for people who come to buy the latest and greatest vehicle, I think that DJI should offer something to its existing customers. I think that would be a smart public relations move. But that is just my two cents.

I was at DJI website in the "Learn More" section where you can view aircraft 360. If you look at Vision+ aircraft from the side, you can see the camera sits behind landing skids. With the Vision and even Phantom 2 with Zenmuse, the camera lens is flush with front of landing skids. Point is, there is going to be serious props in videos issues shot with Vision+. Why in the hell wouldn't DJI realize this?

tedw123 said:
I was at DJI website in the "Learn More" section where you can view aircraft 360. If you look at Vision+ aircraft from the side, you can see the camera sits behind landing skids. With the Vision and even Phantom 2 with Zenmuse, the camera lens is flush with front of landing skids. Point is, there is going to be serious props in videos issues shot with Vision+. Why in the hell wouldn't DJI realize this?

Yep I noticed that too. In fact not just props but landing gear too! Have a look at the CNET video review of it and you can see several shots where the landing gear become visible in the footage.

I think it's another case of DJI not really thinking it all through clearly....very common with Chinese companies.

tedw123 said:

DJI was probably going more for center of gravity... and there's tilt control to knock out the prop problem... just tilt down a bit and problem solved... Most of the stuff we are seeing on youtube is done looking slightly downward anyway so they had to make a bit of a judgment call there... mounting weight too far forward has a negative effect on battery life (among other things)... but props in camera view can be fixed by tilting camera... I think they made the right call.

djayz said:
tedw123 said:

Yep I noticed that too. In fact not just props but landing gear too! Have a look at the CNET video review of it and you can see several shots where the landing gear become visible in the footage.

I think it's another case of DJI not really thinking it all through clearly....very common with Chinese companies.

The landing skid are too narrowly close together, so might as well get new landing skid (T). Solves two problem with 1 solution.

I saw a real nice landing skid onsale on eBay, but now couldn't find another person selling it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281294561858

Finally... somebody came out with a badass promo for the plus...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltih9Ak2pCA[/youtube]

And , of course , the making of that video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tESkyQ2BSWs[/youtube]

wobble1 said:
BlackTracer said:
wobble1 said:
I'm within my 30 day window to return my P2V to Amazon. It's of course opened but in like brand new condition...only 3 flights. Their return policy says that the package should be unopened. Are any of you having any trouble returning your P2V to Amazon in similar condition to get the P2V+? Thanks.

I too am within my 30 day window, and I have already mailed back my P2V to Amazon. I think their policy actually says "like new condition" not "brand new condition" with all the accessories and "original packaging". I didnt have every little plastic bag, but I did have a lot of them including the static bags and of course the egg crate and outside box, and the black manual case with all the manuals that was on top. The bird and every accessory are definitely "like new" as there are no scratches anywhere and it is fully operational. I am hoping that is good enough. I have to admit I am a bit nervous that they will reject it, but am confident and hopeful that they won't.

I will know tomorrow as that is when they are slated to receive it. Will report back.

Good luck...I'll be sending mine tomorrow and report back as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Update: Just got my refund from Amazon. They refunded me the full price minus $140 for the extra battery which I didn't send back. I feel very good about that and am pretty happy with Amazon because of it. I just placed my order for the Vision +.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tESkyQ2BSWs[/youtube][/quote]

It looks like the seagulls went All Hitchcock on the P2V+ towards the end of video. Cracks me up that these guys couldn't fly worth a **** & crashed 1/2 dozen times that they show! Cute video-funny-Crappy video footage- I've seen much better on some other video's circulating on the net...

Moose

It's neat seeing the new Vision, but I am happy with mine.

I flew 4200 ft away yesterday using wifi extenders. I just ordered a Taco gimbal. I'm content.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl