Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Pull_Up said:
It's inevitable that as soon as you buy anything, the next big thing comes along. Then you buy the next big thing and a bigger thing comes along! Consumerism in action - never give the customer everything they want now, always leave scope for an upgrade! :)
Most likely I'll skip the pv2+. The pv2++ maybe a different story. It is similar to the next smart phone as far as upgrading to get the latest & greatest. .

The first photos are now in from the flying RX100 and they are as good as we hoped viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10784

There now is a clear choice prior to the Vision+ appearing - for YouTube video the P2V and RP gimbal and for stills the P2 and RX100. I cannot wait for the end of this week to see what spanner DJI throws into the works !

pault said:
This sort of indicates that news of the P2V+ is due for release in the near future. Now that the word is out, sales of the original version will slow dramatically as people will wait until they know what the new version will be. The big question is whether the plus will replace the original or sit as a higher end alternative.

I also think that the sales of the Rotorpixel gimbal will also dry up for the same reasons. In fact I think those who are lower down the order list will be pleasantly surprised (if they still want one) as I am sure there will be a lot of cancellations.

My dream would be a Vision with upgraded camera and gimbal.

I am not sure what will happen to second hand prices of the P2V so I am not sure whether to Ebay mine now or wait but there could be a glut on the market then. Anyone have any opinions ?

Using the new DJI lightbridge on a P2 with Zenmuse gives you P2V ease of use (more or less) with high range 1080p HD streaming video. Its awesome but expensive at $1,600. I'm sure the price will drop after 6months to a year.

BenDronePilot said:
pault said:
This sort of indicates that news of the P2V+ is due for release in the near future. Now that the word is out, sales of the original version will slow dramatically as people will wait until they know what the new version will be. The big question is whether the plus will replace the original or sit as a higher end alternative.

I also think that the sales of the Rotorpixel gimbal will also dry up for the same reasons. In fact I think those who are lower down the order list will be pleasantly surprised (if they still want one) as I am sure there will be a lot of cancellations.

My dream would be a Vision with upgraded camera and gimbal.

I am not sure what will happen to second hand prices of the P2V so I am not sure whether to Ebay mine now or wait but there could be a glut on the market then. Anyone have any opinions ?

Using the new DJI lightbridge on a P2 with Zenmuse gives you P2V ease of use (more or less) with high range 1080p HD streaming video. Its awesome but expensive at $1,600. I'm sure the price will drop after 6months to a year.
Yes, but that means you are stuck with having to use a Gopro doesn't it ? For me, whilst the video is a step up and would look better when played on a monitor or TV, the gopro does not offer the quality for still photos that I want.

As a matter of interest, I do not know too much about video but if you uploaded 1080p to YouTube would it look a lot better than 1080i when played back through YouTube on a computer monitor ?

brizey said:
Here is the FCC Test Reports for it.

screenshot windows 7

Good data.

That note implies that the wifi is in fact 802.11n HT20 (20Mhz) MIMO. In a nutshell, that means using two antennas (on the repeater and / or the P2V) will produce the best results (aka, this is not a simple diversity configuration, it is MIMO). Not that other configurations (single antennas) won't work, just that the system is setup to leverage both antennas at the same time.

pault said:
The first photos are now in from the flying RX100 and they are as good as we hoped viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10784

There now is a clear choice prior to the Vision+ appearing - for YouTube video the P2V and RP gimbal and for stills the P2 and RX100. I cannot wait for the end of this week to see what spanner DJI throws into the works !

Thread

Incorrect. The P2 & P2V can carry APS-C sensor cameras. That's twice the sensor area and therefore double the quality in photos.

Mine carries a Samsung NX1100

MonsieurAnon said:
pault said:

Thread

Incorrect. The P2 & P2V can carry APS-C sensor cameras. That's twice the sensor area and therefore double the quality in photos.

Mine carries a Samsung NX1100

Apologies - I really must keep up with the mod sub-forum. May i ask how you get FPV with the NX1100 ?

From DJI's facebook page.

10155036_499787420127136_760156460_n.jpg

Looks like the P2V+ is about to be announced. I cant wait.

Anyone know if the dji injunction in USA has been lifted?
If the phantom vision plus is announced this weekend .. Would they be allowed to sell it here in usa?

Yojimbo007 said:
Anyone know if the dji injunction in USA has been lifted?
If the phantom vision plus is announced this weekend .. Would they be allowed to sell it here in usa?

I bought a brand new P2V last Friday (1 week ago) from Aerial Media Pros in Costa Mesa, CA. They are an authorized dealer. They have TONS of stock. No worries. Wish they hd told me that the P2V+ was coming in a week, but oh well. :cry:

I was looking at cnet on my roku and guess what I saw a review of the phantom 2 vision plus"
Looked really kool too..

Bugsbunnyheli said:
I was looking at cnet on my roku and guess what I saw a review of the phantom 2 vision plus"
Looked really kool too..
I did a search on the CNET app and on CNET.com including CNET videos. the latest I could find was the P2V but not the P2V+. Are you sure it was the plus?

MikeySoft said:
Bugsbunnyheli said:
Looked really kool too..
I did a search on the CNET app and on CNET.com including CNET videos. the latest I could find was the P2V but not the P2V+. Are you sure it was the plus?

It's located https://screen.yahoo.com/dji-phanton-2- ... 3-cbs.html

as per topic

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11083&start=30

aesthetically, it looks clunky. No mention of camera specs. I'll guess that's part of the media embargo until they announce.

hope this helps

Bmews

Great news to wake up to - we are getting a new camera :). Just watched the CNET trailer and there was one shot with the camera pointing straight down and of course a 3 axis gimbal - cannot wait until tomorrow for the detailed specs - how sad is that ! - please, please let it be a good camera capable of decent stills.

Have a feeling that ebay will be swamped with second hand Visions.

pault said:
Great news to wake up to - we are getting a new camera :). Just watched the CNET trailer and there was one shot with the camera pointing straight down and of course a 3 axis gimbal - cannot wait until tomorrow for the detailed specs - how sad is that ! - please, please let it be a good camera capable of decent stills.

Have a feeling that ebay will be swamped with second hand Visions.

Yeah Im pretty excited too. I was going to get a rotorpixel and thought id wait a bit longer. Lucky I did. I know its just over 3 times the price but id rather just get a new Phantom then spend the money on the rotorpixel for my old P2V.

Now Ill have a new very usable P2V+ in the sense of vision stability, and still have my old one for a spare or for a mate to use when I go flying :).

Hmmm this reminds me of the night before a new iPhone announcement ha ha ha.

Im curious about the camera, I hope its a better quality then the current P2V and the fact that you can now point right down is a huge plus for some of the stuff I want to film. Happy Days :).

13638921475_e2dd27afea_c.jpg

13638957373_50c192946a_c.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers