Phantom 2 V+ gimbal or compass problem

Reaction score
Hi, I have two Phantoms 2 V+ and I am struggleing with the gimbal pointing to the right every 10 seconds and then pointing back to normal position. I've connected phantom to PC via Assistant program and looked at compass values, the X value was changing with the gimbal movement about 15 degrees, both drones do the same. I have done advanced calibration but any difference at all. Maybe I should mention it is anti static compass, so there shouldn't be any problem. So could you please tell me if it is gimbal or compass issue and if there is any option to fix it.
Thank you

Hi, I have two Phantoms 2 V+ and I am struggleing with the gimbal pointing to the right every 10 seconds and then pointing back to normal position. I've connected phantom to PC via Assistant program and looked at compass values, the X value was changing with the gimbal movement about 15 degrees, both drones do the same. I have done advanced calibration but any difference at all. Maybe I should mention it is anti static compass, so there shouldn't be any problem. So could you please tell me if it is gimbal or compass issue and if there is any option to fix it.
Thank you

Try calibrating the IMU, and make sure there are no issues with the wiring that plugs into the camera. Also, give the ribbon cable a close look. Even a small nick in the ribbon can cause problems. AND, make sure the small set screw in the upper portion of the yaw arm is tight.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Yes, I've replaced the old ribbon cable with the new one and it works.
Thank you very much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers