Phantom 2 props on a P3P??

Reaction score
I just noticed that a new set of spare props that came with my P3P when I bought it from a previous owner about a year ago, are actually labeled 'Phantom 2'. The props are the same size, self tightening props and they fit snugly, but I'm reluctant to use them.

Can P2 props be safely used on P3P???

People have used them, but it's not the safest thing to do since they have metal hubs. They were not designed to be used with the P3P.

Hello: My P2V+ and P3P use the same prop.. (Same Number) 9450
This is from DJI web site...
9450 Self-tightening Propellers (with a metal hub) can be used with Phantom 2 series or Flame Wheel series platforms and the E305/E300 tuned propulsion systems.

On second thought, I have read metal hubs are not as trustworthy as the composite.

Hey msinger: I think my stock oem P2V+ props ARE composite hub..
Although I've only used them once, & now use a DJI CF composite 9450.

People have used them, but it's not the safest thing to do since they have metal hubs. They were not designed to be used with the P3P.

Yeah, that's what threw me...the metal hubs. They seemed to fit well, but something in the back of my head kept saying, "...you're gonna loose a prop".

...I listened.

I've got 2 sets of new unopened oem props that came with my P3P.. Your welcome to 1 if you want.. Let me know..

Reactions: dayviduk
I've got 2 sets of new unopened oem props that came with my P3P.. Your welcome to 1 if you want.. Let me know..

Sure...whadaya need for 'em?

just an address......

for shipping......

Metal props aren't designed for the p3's motor braking. You will get a prop loss.

I just noticed that a new set of spare props that came with my P3P when I bought it from a previous owner about a year ago, are actually labeled 'Phantom 2'. The props are the same size, self tightening props and they fit snugly, but I'm reluctant to use them.

Can P2 props be safely used on P3P???
I fly P2 metal-hub props on my P3P all the time. Here's how:- Are these props compatible with the P3?

BIG props!!! (...pun intended) to Phantom2USA who saw my OP and offered to send me a spare set of props he had on hand for my P3P. They just arrived dude...shrink wrapped and everything!!

Thanks... just another reason why I love the connection of pilots on the forum.

props.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20