Phantom 2 - Not DJI Intelligent Battery problem

Reaction score
I bought three new DJI Intelligent Flight Battery for Phantom 2 from B&H Photo (DJI Intelligent Flight Battery for Phantom 2 CP.PT.000395 B&H). My Phantom 2 will not start with these new batteries, but flies fine with the three older ones I have.

When I plug the Phantom into the software, I get the dreaded "Not DJI Intelligent Battery". I am using the DJ6 remote controller, but the Phantom will not start with these batteries. As I mentioned, my old batteries run fine which I think rules out bad contacts or lose connections.

I wonder if these are DJI batteries even though B&H says they are, and they are identical in every way with my old batteries except the serial number on the bottom does not start with DJ and there is a strange Q-code which only is a number. I've attached two images of the batteries front and bottom.
DJIBatteryBottom.jpg
DJIBatteryFront.jpg

Is there anything I can do to get these batteries to work? Returning is not practical as I am out of the country at the moment. Thanks!

I bought three new DJI Intelligent Flight Battery for Phantom 2 from B&H Photo (DJI Intelligent Flight Battery for Phantom 2 CP.PT.000395 B&H). My Phantom 2 will not start with these new batteries, but flies fine with the three older ones I have.

When I plug the Phantom into the software, I get the dreaded "Not DJI Intelligent Battery". I am using the DJ6 remote controller, but the Phantom will not start with these batteries. As I mentioned, my old batteries run fine which I think rules out bad contacts or lose connections.

I wonder if these are DJI batteries even though B&H says they are, and they are identical in every way with my old batteries except the serial number on the bottom does not start with DJ and there is a strange Q-code which only is a number. I've attached two images of the batteries front and bottom.
View attachment 66844 View attachment 66845

Is there anything I can do to get these batteries to work? Returning is not practical as I am out of the country at the moment. Thanks!

Check the copper terminals on those batteries an make sure they are clean also check those spring loaded info pins in the battery compartment that they are fully functional. Even though it works with the older batteries things still happen.

Also email B&H about what is happening and explain you are out of the country at the moment so send them back at this time is not possible. B&H Photo Video Pro Audio - Contact Us

Thanks Jason. Copper terminals good. I remember reading somewhere , lost where, that there is a procedure to activate the batteries? Is that even something?

Thanks Jason. Copper terminals good. I remember reading somewhere , lost where, that there is a procedure to activate the batteries? Is that even something?

Will those new batteries take a charge and will they turn on outside of the P2? With the battery powered up outside your P2 plug it in will it power up the P2? Try discharging then recharging them. This message appears when the info pads are dirty or just not making contact with the pins. This is the message when those pads were block with tape.
Not DJI Batt.jpg

The batteries took a charge when I first got them. All 4 green bars show now when turned on. The batteries turn on outside the P2. The P2 turns on if I plug the turned on battery into the P2, but the props will not turn. There are little scratch marks on the info pads which makes me think they are making contacts with the inside terminals. This is the screen shot of the new batteries.
Screenshot 2016-10-12 09.26.56.png

Reactions: 88bobby
Went back through everything and found I now have a software update to apply. Applied update, reconnected controller to P2, and now the batteries work. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Went back through everything and found I now have a software update to apply. Applied update, reconnected controller to P2, and now the batteries work. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Now who would have guessed it was a software problem. I haven't updated mine since version 3.6 and still flying with older batteries as well as the newer PH2 batteries and never had that happen.

Had the same problem, check the puns and battery connector cleaned, still no luck iam really starting to give up, maybe dji was not worth it after all, pity i spent money on things with no fix, its fixable but going to costs me more than what it should, maybe ill scrap them out and do make airplanes maybe its much more convenient rather than buying stuff with no support, i contacted dji malaysia and dji aupport and their answer is pretty simple, no more production, yes its true but we dont spends hundreds for things that would generate more hundreds just to flew this bird.
Seriously i give up, thanks for all the knowledge guys...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20